PDA

View Full Version : Preakness/Black Eyed Susan roll call

charm city whizz
04-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Just got my tickets for close to face value on eBay wondering who else is going!!

Met the phantom and proximity there last year and hope tye same happens this year, looking forward to Friday more then Saturday to be honest!!

PhantomOnTour
04-25-2015, 07:13 PM
We arrive Weds afternoon. Staying downtown...be there on Susan day in about the same spot as last year.
Can't wait !!!

When is CJ going to make an appearance?
CJ on the Bay!

nads1420
04-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Just got my tickets for close to face value on eBay wondering who else is going!!

Met the phantom and proximity there last year and hope tye same happens this year, looking forward to Friday more then Saturday to be honest!!

roll call.... love Preakness weekend, went 2007-2012, going back this year. cant wait. Baltimore is a great down by the inner harbor and fells point the night before the Preakness..

charm city whizz
04-25-2015, 07:24 PM
roll call.... love Preakness weekend, went 2007-2012, going back this year. cant wait. Baltimore is a great down by the inner harbor and fells point the night before the Preakness..

Correct!!!!!! Looking forward to Friday and Friday night that week

Sitting in apron box 1-28 section 12

ronsmac
04-25-2015, 07:26 PM

Met the phantom and proximity there last year and hope tye same happens this year, looking forward to Friday more then Saturday to be honest!!Hopefully there won't be any protests next weekend like there are today.

nads1420
04-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Hopefully there won't be any protests next weekend like there are today.

protest?

charm city whizz
04-25-2015, 07:56 PM
protest?

Things are getting ugly in Baltimore with the Freddie grey incident

ronsmac
04-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Things are getting ugly in Baltimore with the Freddie grey incident
I hope they don't use a big event like the Preakness to make another statement next weekend.

ronsmac
04-25-2015, 09:24 PM
I hope they don't use a big event like the Preakness to make another statement next weekend.I'm stupid, I'm thinking the Preakness is next week when it's in 3 weeks.

tanner12oz
04-25-2015, 10:10 PM
I'll be there again..think this is my 11th year. Apron box 44 I think we are in without going to get the tickets

nads1420
04-27-2015, 12:41 PM
hope they get these baltimore riots under control before the Preakness... its so ****ing stupid

WP1981
04-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Looks like it may get worse before it gets better.

From twitter:http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/263262264?width=980

tanner12oz
04-27-2015, 06:06 PM
I'm waiting to see pimlico on tv..

charm city whizz
04-27-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm waiting to see pimlico on tv..

When I first came to Maryland for my job interview I wanted to go to pimlico afterwards that day the gps sent me through north ave which is where the cvs is/was.....its was as scary a ride I ever took...

nads1420
04-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Could they move the Preakness? They would have to make that call by this weekend.

tanner12oz
04-27-2015, 09:54 PM
We'll be ok by then. You'll have the damn army there on patrol but they won't move it. Security will be to the point of being uncomfortable but no way in hell it ain't running at old hilltop

depalma113
04-27-2015, 11:50 PM
Its been moved before.

nads1420
04-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Its been moved before.

hypothetically if they were to move it where do you think they would put it? Monmouth?

charm city whizz
04-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Could they move the Preakness? They would have to make that call by this weekend.

There's no chance that the race won't be run at pimlico but if it had to move laurel would host it, really no apron space but would be able to host a makeshift Preakness lololo

nads1420
04-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Pimlico is kinda right where everything was going down yesterday. If its a warzone 3 weeks from now are they really gonna add 100k people to it?

NJmom64
04-28-2015, 02:50 PM
I live in a quite suburban town in NJ but I'm watching the news from Baltimore with great interest. Every year for Preakness week, I stay with a friend in MD and we work Wed-Sun in the Horsemen's Relations Dept at Pimlico. As a racing fan, it's always been an exciting "working getaway" for me.... not so this year. Two weeks from tomorrow I am supposed to leave and right now, I have my very concerned family (husband, 4 kids, mom) asking me not to go!!
So I am following any conversation on this subject (like this one) with hopes of gaining, and possibly adding, some insight.
I've been "mapping" the violence and initially it was all taking place nearer to the downtown Harbor area, about 7 miles or so from Pimlico. The violence last night though, including the CVS burning, took place 3-3.5 miles from Pimlico. So, is it possible for violence to breakout in the immediate Pimlico area? I believe it could. That's not to say that it will.
During racing times my responsibility is in the winner's circle handling the trophies but during non-racing hours, I work in the Horsemen's Relations office and part of our duties is to make hotel arrangements, etc for the connections (owners/trainers/jockies) of the stakes-entered horses. Many of these hotels ARE in the downtown area. If this violence continues, will the horsemen feel safe coming to Baltimore and staying in these hotels?
Additionally, the barn area, particularly the Stakes Barn, is very close to the street. I'm talking, barn....several feet..... tall hedge next to a fence and then bam! there's the street! I worry about this close proximatey and the threat of mob-started fires.
As far as my personal safety goes- Wed, Thur, and Fri nites it's common for us to be in the office until 1-2am. So we are drving out of Pimlico and through some "iffy" areas between the track and the interstate, very late at night.....just two women in a car!
Knowing what I know now about how much prep goes into Preakness weekend at Pimlico... sooo much "behind the scenes" stuff!!.... I can't imagine it could be picked up and moved to another venue. But at the same time, IF the violence is still taking place and in the news as Preakness draws closer, I wonder how many horsemen will be unwilling to bring their high-priced horses, their families and themselves into an area the media is currently calling "a war zone"?
Hoping.... really hoping that the presence of the National Guard, the curfew, and the announcement (supposedly this Fri) of the results of the investigation into Freddie Gray's death all make a difference and peace is restored to this city!

cj
04-28-2015, 02:56 PM

Tough to predict right now, but I wouldn't go at Pimlico. Even if things calm down a huge crowd could stir things up again.

lamboguy
04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
i was going to make my plane reservations yesterday when this whole thing broke lose. the fare price was $170 per person roundtrip, this morning i decided that i am not going to let these lowlifes effect having a great time. i went to punch the airline tickets and they doubled overnight, i decided i will now miss this great event for the first time in 25 years.

nads1420
04-28-2015, 05:13 PM
im sure they will have the army there if there is any concern. the riots yesterday were 2 miles away from pimlico...

reckless
04-28-2015, 05:15 PM
i was going to make my plane reservations yesterday when this whole thing broke lose. the fare price was $170 per person roundtrip, this morning i decided that i am not going to let these lowlifes effect having a great time. i went to punch the airline tickets and they doubled overnight, i decided i will now miss this great event for the first time in 25 years.

If these rioters are allowed to continue this violence with the Orioles playing their games to an empty stadium, just maybe you'll be able to buy those air fare tickets for a ham sandwich by Preakness week.

SecretAgentMan
04-28-2015, 05:41 PM
The national guard & security will be insane in 2 weeks at Pimlico, they will host it there, nothing will happen.

SecretAgentMan
04-28-2015, 05:45 PM

I live 45 minutes away from Pimlico, but I'm.not going down. Not because of the riots, but because they got rid of the infield bring your own alcohol, etc.....& I don't drink, but everyone else that use to go every year drink.

tanner12oz
04-28-2015, 06:23 PM
The national guard & security will be insane in 2 weeks at Pimlico, they will host it there, nothing will happen.

just remember they are not allowing ladders or scaffolding. I always find this rule specifically worded out on the tickets amusing

charm city whizz
05-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Gonna bump this thread

revised list of people going, looks like great weather and city looks calm...

Was out pimlico last week place looks ready to go

To people who are from out of town you'll see a difference in the lower clubhouse with new flat screens and the sports palace now looks over the track

Safe travels to everyone here I'll be in apron box 12.....see you guys in a few days!!

PhantomOnTour
05-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Leave tomorrow morning...arrive in Baltimore around 2pm.
Probably going to the Orioles game tomorrow night and then it's Pimlico for Thurs Fri Sat.

Staying downtown so I'm sure to sample the Charm City nightlife. We are celebrating my older brothers' 50th birthday this year, should be a blast.

TheGarMan
05-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Leaving from the middle of Pennsylvania on Friday morning and driving down.

Saturday looks wet. We have seats inside the glass, but I will be disappointed if I can't make my once a year walk through the infield to "see the sights" :D

Rain, shine , or a 7 horse field wont dampen my mood.

Gar