PDA

View Full Version : Formulator Surface Indicators?

TonyMLake
04-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Hi Programmers,

According to the Formulator user guide, field 8 of the Workout File Layout file (".CW" extension) contains the surface indicator.

The User Guide lists the surfaces thusly:

Code Description
A About Turf
B About Dirt
C About Steeplechase
D Dirt
E Hurdles
F About Hurdles
G Off the Turf with a distance change H Hunt Meet
O Off the Turf with no distance change S Steeplechase
T Turf
\ Simulcast, Cancelled, Non Thoroughbred

But there is no indication for All weather track or synthetics. Will you please tell me the correct identifier for these surfaces (or better yet, all of them, updated) ? Thank you!

classhandicapper
04-24-2015, 11:50 AM
The workout surface code table is on page 104 of this document. I think you are looking at the race surface table.

http://www1.drf.com/formulator/userguide.pdf

As far as synthetic goes, I am not familiar with the workout extract file. I know that synthetic surfaces are generally denoted with an "X" in the surface field for other Formulator data.

The way you can check is to look at the "workout track" field for a lot of records. If one was on a well known synthetic track like WO, AP, GG etc... then look in the workout surface field and see what the value is.

If this doesn't help, I can research it for you next week. Send me a note.

TonyMLake
04-24-2015, 10:27 PM
The workout surface code table is on page 104 of this document. I think you are looking at the race surface table.

http://www1.drf.com/formulator/userguide.pdf

As far as synthetic goes, I am not familiar with the workout extract file. I know that synthetic surfaces are generally denoted with an "X" in the surface field for other Formulator data.

The way you can check is to look at the "workout track" field for a lot of records. If one was on a well known synthetic track like WO, AP, GG etc... then look in the workout surface field and see what the value is.

If this doesn't help, I can research it for you next week. Send me a note.

I'd have guessed "X" is the indicator. I'll dig it up... hehe.. thanks!

TonyMLake
04-24-2015, 10:52 PM
So, yes, it's "X". Thanks!