PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim Duncan a human being?

Stillriledup
04-23-2015, 03:00 PM
I wasn't sure, but last night i think we have our answer. No, he's not human.

What he did last night was probably the most incredible thing i've ever seen in sports. I might have seen something more crazy, but i just can't remember it.

This guy made titanium look like warm butter.

He was guarding Jordan and Griffin, two of the most athletic big men the game has ever seen in an intense, high paced, up and down game, he played like he had never won a championship and was fighting for his first, he played like he had 0 dollars in the bank and didn't know when he was going to be able to afford to eat his next meal and he played like this was the last time anyone would ever play an NBA game.

When teams like this, who are "satisfied" can go toe to toe with a great young team with prime of their career star players, on the road, when that prime of career team is as hungry as they'll ever get, that was as good as it gets, you probably won't ever see a 39 (in 2 days) year old player do what he did given the context of the situation.

cj
04-23-2015, 03:07 PM
That was an incredible performance. I love the "Old Man Riverwalk" nickname, almost as good as "The Big Fundamental."

Inner Dirt
04-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Unmatched considering how physically demanding basketball is, any sport where you have to move around quickly and collide with people demands so much more than sports that just require a lot of running.

burnsy
04-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Agreed, don't know that much about NBA but love the playoffs. The guy played 44 minutes and closed out the game. I have insomnia so I've been staying up for these western games. That was a great game, but Tim Duncan at his age still teaches them how its done. The posts are dead on, the guy is great and how many people can run around for that long, playing mostly inside, against bodies, for so many years?

Valuist
04-26-2015, 02:36 PM
I wasn't sure, but last night i think we have our answer. No, he's not human.

What he did last night was probably the most incredible thing i've ever seen in sports. I might have seen something more crazy, but i just can't remember it.

This guy made titanium look like warm butter.

He was guarding Jordan and Griffin, two of the most athletic big men the game has ever seen in an intense, high paced, up and down game, he played like he had never won a championship and was fighting for his first, he played like he had 0 dollars in the bank and didn't know when he was going to be able to afford to eat his next meal and he played like this was the last time anyone would ever play an NBA game.

When teams like this, who are "satisfied" can go toe to toe with a great young team with prime of their career star players, on the road, when that prime of career team is as hungry as they'll ever get, that was as good as it gets, you probably won't ever see a 39 (in 2 days) year old player do what he did given the context of the situation.

I'm a big fan of Duncan, but I don't think that was more impressive than what Madison Bumgarner did in last year's World Series.

burnsy
04-28-2015, 12:33 AM
I have to disagree. That kid is 25 years old not 39. Baseball is no where near basketball on using energy (running), collisions and jumping. These pitchers today only play every 4 days and have some pathetic 100 pitch count. Part of the reason no one can hit is because they just keep throwing fresh guys on the mound. Yeah, he pitched on 2 days rest, then they make it sound like some kind of a miracle. Baseball is the only thing I played and was any good at, the biggest risk is your arm and it won't last another 15 years. There's tons of "down time" in baseball and I'll bet it all that this kid won't be around at age 39. There are few people in the history of any sport that play like Duncan does at his age. SRU is right, he's a piece of titanium. I don't know how old you are but have you played a full court game lately? This guy is approaching "the over 40 league" and he plays championship quality ball in the NBA. 44 freaking minutes after a full season. I'll admit that I can't, I'm 52, too dangerous, but I can still throw, catch and hit a ball, then run a few feet and I'm not even 100% being ill and all. Basketball at that level is multiple times more demanding physically than baseball at any level.