PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Thursday, April 24

Teach
04-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Today's picks include a Cigar Mile winner's progeny. See you in a little over two hours.

Teach
04-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Race One:

:5: Sunshine Life could be “any kinda horse.” The breeding, esp. on her sire’s side, is regal. Her daddy: Daaher, won the Grade I Cigar Mile in 2007. This filly (jockey Mike Luzzi) beat the odds-on fave, Midnight Lute. Her grandpa: Awesome Again. Nuff Said. Any moisture should help. The “break” out of the gate will be all important; we might know in the first few jumps. Solid recent work at Keeneland. The Dam, Samut (IRE), had four winners from five starters. 31% Sire wins w/first-time starters. Apprentice Eric Cancel, rides for trainer Wesley Ward. Ward does well with first-time starters andmaiden-specials. Watch the tote.

Others: :4: La Nina

Race Two:

:6: Rivetto almost got the job done in his last at “The Big A”. The John Parisella-trainee got nailed in the final strides. This Raffie’s Majesty-bred faces no better than he faced in his previous start. In fact, this 4-year-old gelding has faced much better in the past. Trainer Parisella does reasonably well with second starts off a claim. The gelding should handle any residual moisture left over from yesterday’s downpours, e.g., Cormorant, Conquistador Cielo. Jeremy Rose is in the irons.

Others: :7: Sunrise Lover; :2: Charitable; :3: Larrytheeducator

Race Three:

:5: Consumer Credit looks like…appears to be…the overwhelming choice here. Don’t expect much value. This Sally Bowles- (SAF) (remember the musical Cabaret) bred could easily make your early pick-5, a pick 4. I mean second in the Grade III Florida Oaks, winner of the Grade III Sweetest Chant and earlier, the non-graded Wait A While. This Memories of Silver non-graded stakes could easily add to this Southern Halo-bred’s trophy case.

Others: :6: Colour Party; :2: Pine Needles

Race Four:

:7: S S Dixie. Is this 4-year-old gelding sitting on a win? Second in his last in this company. Turns back two panels. Should be contending out of the gate. Dixieland Band breeding says he should handle any moisture. One of the “Big A’s” top jockeys, Manny Franco. The horse’s trainer, Greg DiPrima, is not exactly having a stellar meet; yet, this gelding has back-class presence that signals a possible wake-up-call win.

Others: :6: To Erin Again; :2: Wild Freud; :1: Calhoun Hill.

Race Five:

:9: Fiery Cat gets my nod in a race is being taken off the turf and is being run on the main track at a mile. This Forestry-bred filly should relish any residual moisture. She also has some solid connections in jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. and owner-trainer Kiaran McLaughlin. Trainer McLaughlin is very good with maiden winners of their last race. This filly moves up into the winners category; yet she should handle the class hike. The filly won her last, a route in the slop at Laurel.

Others: :3: Blooper; :1: Prize Taker; :6: William’sluckygray.

Race Six:

:9: Be Bullish is a 10-year-old Storm Cat-bred gelding with earnings in excess of one million dollars. Yes, in this nondescript field in a race that has been taken off the turf, I believe this "ol’ boy" may have at least one more win in him. He is dropping today. He did win his last, but that was last January. Trainer David Jacobson does very well with winners of their last race. Angel Cruz is in the irons.

Others: :1a: The Big Deluxe; :8: Smokem’s Charm; :5: Seek To Destroy

Race Seven:

:7: Swivel is my pick in this race that’s being taken off the turf and is being run on the main track at one mile. For one, this Tiznow-bred colt has a solid wet-track pedigree. The colt can certainly get the distance. Trainer John Kimmel does reasonably well with horses making their second start off a layoff. The most capable Junior Alvarado is in the irons.

Others: :3: Beyond the Green; :1: Fleeting; :4: Bullheaded Boy

Race Eight:

:7: Bar of Gold has won two straight. The Medaglia d’Oro-bred filly is stepping up, but I believe she can handle the class hike. The filly’s last win came on a muddy track; that bodes well if there's any moisture. Her Lemon Drop Kid breeding speaks to the filly's “off” track pedigree. Junior Alvarado for John Kimmel.

Others: :6: Accomplish First; :5: Here’s Zealicious; :2: Saharan Serenade

Race Nine:

:5: Wild Ham gets my tepid nod in the finale; he finished third in a similar race last time. This Forest Wildcat-bred gelding has three third-place finishes in four career starts. Could this be the day this Grindstone-bred gelding breaks into the win column? The most capable Jim Ryerson trains; Kendrick Carmouche reprises the ride.

Others: :2: Devilish Grin; :3: Afleet’s Edge; :7: Repentful

Robert Fischer
04-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Race Four:

:7: S S Dixie. Is this 4-year-old gelding sitting on a win? Second in his last in this company. Turns back two panels. Should be contending out of the gate. Dixieland Band breeding says he should handle any moisture. One of the “Big A’s” top jockeys, Manny Franco. The horse’s trainer, Greg DiPrima, is not exactly having a stellar meet; yet, this gelding has back-class presence that signals a possible wake-up-call win.

Others: :6: To Erin Again; :2: Wild Freud; :1: Calhoun Hill.

I've got it: :7::3::2: (all useful here) and consider this a good piece of a multi-race puzzle as the 6 may be a false ml chalk.

if 6 wins i lose.

Robert Fischer
04-23-2015, 02:56 PM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp: on your :7: Teach.

The 5 was a free square from race-3 and being able to toss the 6 w/ confidence in this race was enough to give some tiny bit of value here.

We've also got some multis moving forward...

Robert Fischer
04-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Race Five:

:9: Fiery Cat gets my nod in a race is being taken off the turf and is being run on the main track at a mile. This Forestry-bred filly should relish any residual moisture. She also has some solid connections in jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. and owner-trainer Kiaran McLaughlin. Trainer McLaughlin is very good with maiden winners of their last race. This filly moves up into the winners category; yet she should handle the class hike. The filly won her last, a route in the slop at Laurel.

Others: :3: Blooper; :1: Prize Taker; :6: William’sluckygray.

in Race 5

I've got your :9: and my :8:.

(i've tossed the 1 and 3 here)

Robert Fischer
04-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Your :9: FIERY CAT

so a $1 pk3 :5:-:7::3::2:-:9::8: costs $6 and returns $32.50

that isn't bad at all. And YOU had it with all 3 'A' horses.

in Race 5

I've got your :9: and my :8:.

(i've tossed the 1 and 3 here)
I've got it: :7::3::2: (all useful here) and consider this a good piece of a multi-race puzzle as the 6 may be a false ml chalk.

if 6 wins i lose.