PDA

View Full Version : Bris Monthy plan for Single file data gone?

Flysofree
04-21-2015, 09:25 PM
I thought they advertised a $75 per month unlimited plan, but I can't find it on their website now. Did they stop offering it?

Speed Figure
04-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Here it is! http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=ppplan

Flysofree
04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm referring to DATA files, not PP's.

PhantomOnTour
04-21-2015, 10:08 PM
I thought they advertised a $75 per month unlimited plan, but I can't find it on their website now. Did they stop offering it?
The data plan is $125/month and it's still available.
Bottom of the home page on the right under the heading It's Finally Here

Speed Figure
04-21-2015, 10:25 PM
No wonder you couldn't find it! where did you get $75 from?

Flysofree
04-21-2015, 10:30 PM
I guess I had forgotten they wanted that much... Anyway thanks for your help.

JimG
04-22-2015, 07:58 AM
I guess I had forgotten they wanted that much... Anyway thanks for your help.

And they do not even include the results file in that $125

#getacluebris

Flysofree
04-22-2015, 08:22 AM
And they do not even include the results file in that $125

#getacluebris

It's depressing for the little players like me... But that's not their target audience in asking that price.

raybo
04-22-2015, 09:27 AM
You can get JCapper cards and results monthly unlimited, in the same format as the Bris .drf and .mcp card file, and the same as the Bris .xrd results file for $89 per month, and it has more fields populated with data than Bris does. Run-up is a big addition that Bris doesn't offer in theirs. JCapper's power rating hits about the same win percentage as Bris' Prime Power but with a slightly better ROI than Prime Power.

Brisnet/CDI needs to wake up and smell the roses. :eek:

Flysofree
04-22-2015, 10:31 AM
That's good to know if I ever decide to stop using my current software programs which all require the Bris Data file. That is except for Quick Horse, which I am not renewing. Nothing wrong with it for those truly computer knowledgeable, but I am back to what I am most comfortable with.

MitchS
04-22-2015, 11:34 AM
That's good to know if I ever decide to stop using my current software programs which all require the Bris Data file. That is except for Quick Horse, which I am not renewing. Nothing wrong with it for those truly computer knowledgeable, but I am back to what I am most comfortable with.

I recently acquired a few .jcp files to test this very thing out. I own numerous Bris powered handicapping programs. Interesting enough the .jcp and Bris data files are almost identical. I've been able to run every handicapping program I own that requires Bris files using this .jcp file except one program. In most cases, all you need to do is change the file extension from .drf to .jcp and that's it. Your Bris powered handicapping program will work with this .jcp file in most cases. The only problem I had is with one program. Charles Carrolls Speed handicapper (Best speed figures in the business, IMHO) but he's recently updated his program to include these files as well.

Hope this helps,
Mitch

Actor
04-22-2015, 05:14 PM
The data plan is $125/month and it's still available.
Bottom of the home page on the right under the heading It's Finally HereI don't see it. Are you certain it's on the home page?

Speed Figure
04-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't see it. Are you certain it's on the home page?
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=ppdataplan

TraderX
05-17-2015, 04:18 PM
I have never understood why they offer totally free past performance data at Twinspires (who owns BRIS) if you bet just a single race on the card; yet they charge you for the single data files no matter how many races you bet! That simply makes zero sense to me whatsoever! Someone please feel free to attempt to explain this, or come up with a reason for it? I have literally called BRIS and bitched about this and asked them why they discriminate against computer users?

I am surprised that no enterprising individual on this site has not thought of starting a partnership or club for BRIS single file data users. I mean geez, if a bunch of guys got together to pay the monthly unlimited data file fee, you could get all get the files from every track each month for $10 bucks a month or so, depending on the amount of guys who participated. Maybe even $5 if enough guys joined the "data file club".

Am I the only guy who has even considered this idea?:confused:

raybo
05-17-2015, 04:29 PM
I had it out with Brisnet about the data files years ago, it all fell on deaf ears. Even when they took in the TSN data file users Brisnet wouldn't give Brisnet data file users the same deal, people who had been loyal Brisnet members for years. That right there told me what Brisnet had on their minds, money, to heck with the customer. And all that took place before the Twinspires/CDI thing.

Even now that they finally offer an unlimited file plan, it's too expensive compared to other like plans, and it doesn't include the results files.

I left them several years ago, without a single look back!

Flysofree
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't know if it's true as companies have a way of stretching the truth if not an outright lie. But when I asked them about 2.5 years ago why the data files could not be free if the player made a wager at Twinspires, the answer i got was: "those files are not free for us". I think she mentioned Equibase, but it cost them something is what I was told.

raybo
05-18-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't know if it's true as companies have a way of stretching the truth if not an outright lie. But when I asked them about 2.5 years ago why the data files could not be free if the player made a wager at Twinspires, the answer i got was: "those files are not free for us". I think she mentioned Equibase, but it cost them something is what I was told.

I'm pretty sure that the data they get from Equibase comes to them as a delimited file, so they have to pay for that file anyway, in order to create all of their PPs, not just the data files.

So, they charge nothing for their PDFs which require no further manipulation by the end user, but they charge for the data files which does require further manipulation by the end user. :bang:

KPMats10
06-29-2015, 10:27 PM
I have never understood why they offer totally free past performance data at Twinspires (who owns BRIS) if you bet just a single race on the card; yet they charge you for the single data files no matter how many races you bet! That simply makes zero sense to me whatsoever! Someone please feel free to attempt to explain this, or come up with a reason for it? I have literally called BRIS and bitched about this and asked them why they discriminate against computer users?

I am surprised that no enterprising individual on this site has not thought of starting a partnership or club for BRIS single file data users. I mean geez, if a bunch of guys got together to pay the monthly unlimited data file fee, you could get all get the files from every track each month for $10 bucks a month or so, depending on the amount of guys who participated. Maybe even $5 if enough guys joined the "data file club".

Am I the only guy who has even considered this idea?:confused:

I'm not sure that I'm going to be using Brisnet for my future needs, but it's an option. And if so, I'm interested in setting up a file sharing system for data files.

Been wondering myself why no one else has posted something similar!

Flysofree
06-29-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure that I'm going to be using Brisnet for my future needs, but it's an option. And if so, I'm interested in setting up a file sharing system for data files.

Been wondering myself why no one else has posted something similar!

If you can get enough players together to pay only $10 a month, count me in. The question that comes to my mind is how and who pays the fee to Bris and so forth... Your idea is excellent, but working it out could be difficult.

headhawg
06-29-2015, 11:14 PM

Been wondering myself why no one else has posted something similar!Probably because it violates the Bris membership agreement. Ever hear of copyright or protection of Intellectual Property?

Flysofree
06-29-2015, 11:18 PM
Probably because it violates the Bris membership agreement. Ever hear of copyright or protection of Intellectual Property?

Ahh...There it is... My brain must have taken a nap.. You are correct. :bang:

PhantomOnTour
06-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Probably because it violates the Bris membership agreement. Ever hear of copyright or protection of Intellectual Property?
I'm sure that somewhere out there some folks are doing just that, regardless of BRIS or the law.

headhawg
06-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Probably, but I don't think that PA appreciates site members posting stuff like that. I could be wrong...