PDA

View Full Version : Please Correct Me If I Am Wrong - Tank Job

FlintAtTheFetlock
04-21-2015, 06:08 PM
TUP: R4 4/21/15:

BRAVADO (L) Guerra, Vince J121 lbs.
ML: 12/1 Current: 21 Tr: Rumsey, Jack

This horse had a great start at a big price , showed a lot of early interest, jock seemed to be caught by surprise and started breezing like he was giving the horse a light workout. I think I need to add this jock to my list of never plays. To me it is inexcusable to compromise a horse that had a chance to hit the board. I am hoping I am just reading too much into an otherwise routine losing ticket.

Comments? :bang:

SG4
04-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Looked to me like a horse who had speed for an 1/4 of a mile & then was outclassed in every way. Not really sure what else you were looking for from the jockey, not that they seemed to be the smoothest of individuals in the saddle, but I didn't see anything that constituted a bad ride. If you saw something that I missed then all the power to you betting this horse back.

appistappis
04-21-2015, 08:45 PM
the 3 there was a steal at 2-1....not sure what you were expecting from the 1, he comes out and backs up every race.

Tall One
04-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Looked to me like a horse who had speed for an 1/4 of a mile & then was outclassed in every way. Not really sure what else you were looking for from the jockey, not that they seemed to be the smoothest of individuals in the saddle, but I didn't see anything that constituted a bad ride. If you saw something that I missed then all the power to you betting this horse back.

Ran dismal twice at today's level albeit on the grass, and was coming back to it again off a six week breather. Small field/big price angle didn't favor this one.

nijinski
04-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Agree with most here and to moved up a bit in company .
Looks overmatched .

Some_One
04-22-2015, 01:11 AM
TUP: R4 4/21/15:

BRAVADO (L) Guerra, Vince J121 lbs.
ML: 12/1 Current: 21 Tr: Rumsey, Jack

This horse had a great start at a big price , showed a lot of early interest, jock seemed to be caught by surprise and started breezing like he was giving the horse a light workout. I think I need to add this jock to my list of never plays. To me it is inexcusable to compromise a horse that had a chance to hit the board. I am hoping I am just reading too much into an otherwise routine losing ticket.

Comments? :bang:

Did you have any financial interest in the race?

FlintAtTheFetlock
04-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Did you have any financial interest in the race?

Yes, a small amount. Probably a few tough beats coming into this race had me looking for excuses. I normally see jocks more animated than this when others come to challenge. I guess nothing to see here based on comments.

Thanks...

dnlgfnk
04-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Did what he could to the turn with intermittent urging...the two challengers swooped by so fast on the turn that I think Guerra briefly hoped for a duel that he could maybe stalk into the stretch. That quickly dissolved and he roused Bravado entering the stretch, drew the whip for one tap, but was clearly done upper stretch, yet continued rousing and some taps of the whip through mid stretch.

To me, nothing you don't see everyday.

johnhannibalsmith
04-22-2015, 11:34 AM
There probably isn't a duo out there less likely to be trying to pull one over than Vince Guerra and Jack Rumsey. Vince looks like he's just breezing one pretty much every one he rides these days. He's a gate jock that has never had any sort of finish and now he's a senior gate jock that seems to more or less just stay out of their way late. I guess that's why 90% of the thoroughbreds he rides anymore are maidens and two-year-olds. He's still great to have get one ready in the mornings.

Jack is all out just trying to win a race. Probably on the top ten nicest guy list at the racetrack, definitely not on the top ten list of guys to always take a closer look when he runs one.

Anything is possible I suppose, but this looks like about 95% of all of Vince's rides in the last half-decade. This one acted like he was wanting out just a bit in the turn and then once everyone was clear of him he turned him loose leaving the turn and spread, uncorked the classic 400 yard crooked arm beat down that probably wouldn't get me out of a walk, and let him roll in.

I don't see anything I wouldn't expect going in and I surely don't blame you for thinking twice about Vince with a pile of money after that with me telling you that's protocol - and honestly these last few days of the meet you have to tread carefully in general unless your sure that your rider's head isn't off at the next track already. Some of these things add up almost exponentially, but it's not always bad. That one may not have fit an ideal profile but it can be a great time to take some shots like you did.