PDA

View Full Version : Christian persecution

JustRalph
04-21-2015, 01:26 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/04/21/christians-religious-persecution-migrant-ship-italy-column/26083829/

I'm not a big fan of this gal, but she gets it right here. For the record: I am not a fan of anybody who used to date Anthony Weiner. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Yup, I saw that yesterday...another story about Muslims lining up Christians and beheading them...

And they even borrowed a page from Obama's playbook...their "convert or be taxed" motto was lifted directly from Obamacare....

Radical Muslims have a free pass for some reason...but if a white guy shoots a black man, all bets are off...Obama's all over that one...

classhandicapper
04-21-2015, 02:26 PM
I don't think there's any question that no matter what his professed beliefs (which could easily just be for political purposes), Obama identifies more closely with Muslims than either Christians or Jews. That in and of itself is not really relevant, but if your bias is so strong you have to be dragged kicking and screaming to even call groups that are purging people terrorists and you keep explaining it all away as isolated cases, IMO there is a problem.

TJDave
04-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Since the state of Israel was established in 1948 it has made a conscious effort to gather in all Jews from Arab/Muslim lands, where they had endured persecution for centuries. Today, thankfully, most Arab countries are Judenrien. Those few Jews who remain are mainly held political/economic hostage.

It is long past time for the Christian community to do likewise.

Clocker
04-21-2015, 02:49 PM
That in and of itself is not really relevant, but if your bias is so strong you have to be dragged kicking and screaming to even call groups that are purging people terrorists and you keep explaining it all away as isolated cases, IMO there is a problem.

Obama explains it away by stating that "radical Muslims" are not actually Muslims.

Interestingly, Turkey is about to open a grand new mosque and culture center in Maryland. Obama is attending the opening with his buddy, Turkish president Recep Erdogan.

Erdogan has repeatedly objected to the term "moderate Islam" as insulting, saying that Islam is Islam. Period.

Dave Schwartz
04-21-2015, 02:56 PM

I am not understanding your meaning here.

Are you saying that Christians should go find a place?

Clocker
04-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Today, thankfully, most Arab countries are Judenrien. Those few Jews who remain are mainly held political/economic hostage.

So you are recommending that "we" ship all of "our" Jews to Israel?

classhandicapper
04-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Obama explains it away by stating that "radical Muslims" are not actually Muslims.

Yeah, all 100-200 million of them. ;)

boxcar
04-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Since the state of Israel was established in 1948 it has made a conscious effort to gather in all Jews from Arab/Muslim lands, where they had endured persecution for centuries. Today, thankfully, most Arab countries are Judenrien. Those few Jews who remain are mainly held political/economic hostage.

And should the borderless church universal attack Israel to take over the Holy Land to establish its own physical nation? Just exactly where should all the Christians throughout the world "gather in"?

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2015, 03:42 PM
He's not saying Christians should find their own Israel...he's saying they should just get out of predominately Muslim countries...

Which says a lot about these Muslim countries... :faint:

Robert Goren
04-21-2015, 03:48 PM

Interestingly, Turkey is about to open a grand new mosque and culture center in Maryland. Obama is attending the opening with his buddy, Turkish president Recep Erdogan.

Erdogan has repeatedly objected to the term "moderate Islam" as insulting, saying that Islam is Islam. Period.In a way he is right. A radical terrorist Muslim is about as close to Islam as the WWII NAZIs were to Christianity. Like the NAZIs, we must deal with the Islamic terrorists. Exactly how we deal with them is what the debate is all about. Bush tried sending troops into places where he thought they were. 12 years later, we can see that did not work. If anything, it created more of them. I wish I had an answer as to what to do. I don't. I just have seen what does not work and do not want to go on doing something that has not worked and even whose biggest supporters say will take many decades to work. I am a firm believer that nothing takes 50 years to work.

Tom
04-21-2015, 03:48 PM
What about those Mulsims that in Christian countries?
Give 'em the boot?

Maybe we should just deal with those ding the killing and make the world safe for people who are not mad dogs.

TJDave
04-21-2015, 03:49 PM
And should the borderless church universal attack Israel to take over the Holy Land to establish its own physical nation? Just exactly where should all the Christians throughout the world "gather in"?

I have no idea what you're talking about nor do I care. I do know that if Jews faced the same persecution of late that we have seen perpetrated on Christians the IDF would be there in about 15 seconds.

It's time Christians started taking care of their own. Pass the collection plates and get them out of harm's way.

Tom
04-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Better yet, put their attackers IN harm's way.

Robert Goren
04-21-2015, 03:51 PM
He's not saying Christians should find their own Israel...he's saying they should just get out of predominately Muslim countries...

Which says a lot about these Muslim countries... :faint:I know some Christians who feel that Muslims should get out of the United States. I do not believe their numbers across the country to be all that small.

boxcar
04-21-2015, 03:51 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about nor do I care. I do know that if Jews faced the same persecution of late that we have seen perpetrated on Christians the IDF would be there in about 15 seconds.

It's time Christians started taking care of their own. Pass the collection plates and get them out of harm's way.

You're comparing apples with oranges, which apparently you missed. Israel is a political entity with physical borders. The Church is not.