PDA

View Full Version : Carpe Diem has website

minethatbird08
04-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Carpe Diem has his own website: www.SeizeTheDerby.com

Has some workout videos and is going to document his progress leading up to the Derby.

OTM Al
04-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Does it look impressive but run just a little too slow as well?

horses4courses
04-20-2015, 04:54 PM

:lol:

Heisenberg
04-21-2015, 03:49 AM

Nice one OTM, that was funny!

SandyLoam
04-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Why did the fourth tab, "Merchandise," catch my immediate attention? Seems smart to have the goodies.

And if Carpe Diem wins the Derby and "captures the hearts of all Americans as no other horse in perhaps a generation has," they're set!

And at $32.95, such a bargain.

My American Pharoah hat search yielded this: http://tinyurl.com/lycjs3q

minethatbird08
04-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Why did the fourth tab, "Merchandise," catch my immediate attention? Seems smart to have the goodies.

And if Carpe Diem wins the Derby and "captures the hearts of all Americans as no other horse in perhaps a generation has," they're set!

And at $32.95, such a bargain.

My American Pharoah hat search yielded this: http://tinyurl.com/lycjs3q

Great hat for the derby for American Pharoah. I think Baffert should wear it derby day.

nads1420
04-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Great hat for the derby for American Pharoah. I think Baffert should wear it derby day.

thats great. if my brothers wedding wasnt the next day i was going to go to Belmont last year and rock a nose strip

minethatbird08
04-22-2015, 08:31 PM
thats great. if my brothers wedding wasnt the next day i was going to go to Belmont last year and rock a nose strip

How is the Belmont? I have been to Travers, Derby Day, Breeders Cup at CD, and quite a few trips to Keeneland. Someday I will make the Belmont and Preakness. I think Belmont would be great with the triple crown on the line.

nads1420
04-22-2015, 08:35 PM
How is the Belmont? I have been to Travers, Derby Day, Breeders Cup at CD, and quite a few trips to Keeneland. Someday I will make the Belmont and Preakness. I think Belmont would be great with the triple crown on the line.

i actually never been to Belmont. I usually go to the Preakness every year. Will be there again this year. Which is fun assuming you get into the track in one piece. The place is a horse track in the middle of the movie 'Boyz In The Hood'

minethatbird08
04-23-2015, 07:10 AM
i actually never been to Belmont. I usually go to the Preakness every year. Will be there again this year. Which is fun assuming you get into the track in one piece. The place is a horse track in the middle of the movie 'Boyz In The Hood'

That is what I have heard.

OTM Al
04-23-2015, 07:26 AM
That is what I have heard.
You've heard wrong. The area's seen better days but has been improving again of late. You won't have any issues unless you act very foolishly.

minethatbird08
04-23-2015, 07:43 AM
You've heard wrong. The area's seen better days but has been improving again of late. You won't have any issues unless you act very foolishly.

Thanks for the info. Honestly, even if it was really bad I would still go.

BlueChip@DRF
04-23-2015, 08:06 AM

Belmont is HUGE! That is my home track. I first started going there with family in the summer of 1977 and every other Saturday until 1981 when it was open. I was just a kid back then and being bored and the bookworm that I am, I learned how to read the PPs on my own. One thing I did notice was that if a horse's last race had a circled or squared 'T', it won in the mud next start out. Most of the time anyway.

But now I only go there when the Crown is on the line.

I recommend taking the LIRR from Penn Station instead of driving. Save yourself the headache.

delsully
04-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Belmont is HUGE! That is my home track. I first started going there with family in the summer of 1977 and every other Saturday until 1981 when it was open. I was just a kid back then and being bored and the bookworm that I am, I learned how to read the PPs on my own. One thing I did notice was that if a horse's last race had a circled or squared 'T', it won in the mud next start out. Most of the time anyway.

But now I only go there when the Crown is on the line.

I recommend taking the LIRR from Penn Station instead of driving. Save yourself the headache.

Thanks for the advice, I will be headed to the Belmont this year to complete my triple crown!

nads1420
04-23-2015, 01:10 PM
i think i cool on Carpe Diem more and more everyday. And I think its gonna bite me inm the ass more and more everyday

minethatbird08
04-23-2015, 02:27 PM
i think i cool on Carpe Diem more and more everyday. And I think its gonna bite me inm the ass more and more everyday

I feel the opposite if that helps. I have been on him since I saw him at Keeneland as a 2yo and its hard for me to get off a horse that hasn't done anything wrong. Personally, I think he is sitting on a big race but at the same time I have Pletcher and Storm Cat dancing in the back of my mind.

Right now I have Carpe Diem and Frosted in my top spots.

nads1420
04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
I feel the opposite if that helps. I have been on him since I saw him at Keeneland as a 2yo and its hard for me to get off a horse that hasn't done anything wrong. Personally, I think he is sitting on a big race but at the same time I have Pletcher and Storm Cat dancing in the back of my mind.

Right now I have Carpe Diem and Frosted in my top spots.

do the low Beyers concern you? i thought the Tampa Bay derby was more impressive then the Bluegrass

minethatbird08
04-23-2015, 03:41 PM
do the low Beyers concern you? i thought the Tampa Bay derby was more impressive then the Bluegrass

I use Bris but am aware he had like a 95 Beyer compared to Materiality who had like 110, right? I used to use DRF but switched when I got my twinspires acct., fwiw.

Regardless, his last Bris speed figure is at 102 (same as AP) Frosted had the highest at 107. Carpe Diem did have a decent 101 LP last race which is a positive angle for the Derby. I think in a smaller field his lack of speed would play a bigger factor but I think in this race he has a good chance of hitting the board, He will need a good ride. Also, as a side note JV taking him over Materiality gives me a little more confidence that we haven't seen the best of this horse yet.