PDA

View Full Version : What Drives the Bile Against Obama?

maddog42
04-20-2015, 10:11 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/opinion/what-drives-the-bile-against-obama.html

"The destructive, hate-driven personal attacks against President Obama by the Republicans that your editorial accurately describes should be contrasted with the rational, calm and statesmanlike manner in which President Obama conducts himself and manages the presidency. His professionalism brings great credit to the presidency, and Americans should be proud to have a person of this caliber as their leader."

tucker6
04-20-2015, 10:34 AM
the rational, calm and statesmanlike manner in which President Obama conducts himself and manages the presidency. His professionalism brings great credit to the presidency"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We already have a humor thread Doggy. No need to start another one.

woodtoo
04-20-2015, 10:35 AM
He built his bile.

Clocker
04-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Bile is in the mind of the beholder. Apologists for Obama reject any criticism as racist, as do most of those letters, without specifics. If anything, criticism of Obama would be a lot worse if he wasn't black. Many, especially in the media, tread lightly to avoid any appearance of racism. If you want to see bile, look at the personal attacks on Bush, continuing even 6 years later.

None of those letters, from essentially anonymous sources, cite a single objective example of criticism of Obama that is not based on long held policies and beliefs of the opposition. And most such criticism is based on undeniable facts showing Obama's failures. If Obama was white, he would have been impeached by now.

johnhannibalsmith
04-20-2015, 11:18 AM
The quote this guy included ought to tell you he isn't even trying to be serious.

horses4courses
04-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Bile is in the mind of the beholder.

I can't argue with that :lol:

horses4courses
04-20-2015, 11:23 AM
If Obama was white, he would have been impeached by now.

Pure speculation, and false.

How is it that many members of the black community
complain regularly that the man is "not black enough"?

Clocker
04-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Pure speculation, and false.

Speculation can't be true or false, or it wouldn't be speculation. :p

How is it that many members of the black community
complain regularly that the man is "not black enough"?

Because they believed his promises, and many read even more into his oratory than was there. And he hasn't delivered on what he promised, let alone what they expected.

MONEY
04-20-2015, 11:50 AM
President Obama was elected to represent the people of the U.S.A., not to rule us.

By refusing time and time again to not work with the congress and instead using executive orders and powerful agencies like the EPA to enact his agenda, he has chosen to use his position as President of the United States to rule Americans instead of servicing them.

Any logical person does not hate President Obama, we just hate the way that he wants to run the country instead of enforcing the laws, which is what he was elected to do.

boxcar
04-20-2015, 12:00 PM
He built his bile.

I think he might have actually reinvented the stuff.

woodtoo
04-20-2015, 12:06 PM
I think he might have actually reinvented the stuff.
Could be, after all he did say he invented healthcare :lol:

He's such a narcissist anything is possible.

Tom
04-20-2015, 12:09 PM
...rational, calm and statesmanlike manner in which President Obama conducts himself and manages the presidency. His professionalism brings great credit to the presidency, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where does his lying, pouting and whining fit in this? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2015, 12:24 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/opinion/what-drives-the-bile-against-obama.html

"The destructive, hate-driven personal attacks against President Obama by the Republicans that your editorial accurately describes should be contrasted with the rational, calm and statesmanlike manner in which President Obama conducts himself and manages the presidency. His professionalism brings great credit to the presidency, and Americans should be proud to have a person of this caliber as their leader."The Republicans are simply dishing out what the Democrats did during the Bush years.

They took a page from the Democrat operative handbook and ran with it...and the Dems are complaining? :lol:

What they really want to do is paint this as a racist thing...as in...this president is SO AWESOME, the only reason they are attacking him is because he is black.

Not so my friend...they are attacking him for the same reason Democrats attacked Bush and Cheney...they don't like his policies, they don't like his ideology, and they don't like the direction he has taken the USA...

That's what drives the bile against Obama. The same thing that drove the bile against Bush. It's called OPPOSITION.

Thank me very much.

classhandicapper
04-20-2015, 01:05 PM
If Obama was white, he would have been impeached by now.

I think it would have been much worse.

Track Collector
04-20-2015, 01:06 PM
President Obama was elected to represent the people of the U.S.A., not to rule us.

By refusing time and time again to not work with the congress and instead using executive orders and powerful agencies like the EPA to enact his agenda, he has chosen to use his position as President of the United States to rule Americans instead of servicing them.

Any logical person does not hate President Obama, we just hate the way that he wants to run the country instead of enforcing the laws, which is what he was elected to do.

Very true, except that in the political arena I have trouble separating the person from their actions. My contempt for Obama is based on my perceived belief of his motives, my belief that he is a narcissist, and the decisions and actions he has taken to date in the governing of this country. There is a great disconnect between what he says and what he does. Time has long passed to give him benefit of the doubt.

I have similar feelings for the many cronies and people he has appointed in key positions to execute his intended plans. Also included are those folks aligned with other political parties who are heavily ingrained in Washington with intent on the growing of government and reducing individual freedom and liberties.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2015, 01:07 PM
I think it would have been much worse.Disturbing reply...

I'm no Obama fan, but disregarding the above from class, why would Obama deserve impeachment exactly?

classhandicapper
04-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Disturbing reply...

I'm no Obama fan, but disregarding the above from class, why would Obama deserve impeachment exactly?

I can't make any legal case for impeachment, but I think the Obama "hate" runs deeper than anything I've ever experienced, including Hillary, Gingrich, Bush, and even Nixon (though I was young then). People hated those other guys, but it was about disagreements over policy and values. IMO, Obama is seen as someone whose world view is dangerous and doing damage to the country on multiple fronts from which there is no return.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2015, 01:23 PM
I can't make any legal case for impeachment, but I think the Obama "hate" runs deeper than anything I've ever experienced, including Hillary, Gingrich, Bush, and even Nixon (though I was young then). People hated those other guys, but it was about disagreements over policy and values. IMO, Obama is seen as someone whose world view is dangerous and doing damage to the country on multiple fronts from which there is no return.Then you must not have been paying much attention post 9/11 and pre-Obama...Your last sentence described the Bush-Cheney critics to a 'T'

classhandicapper
04-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Then you must not have been paying much attention post 9/11 and pre-Obama...Your last sentence described the Bush-Cheney critics to a 'T'

Yeah, I should have included Cheney in that "hate" list.

JustRalph
04-20-2015, 02:09 PM
"If they bring a knife, you bring a gun"

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2015, 02:10 PM
"If they bring a knife, you bring a gun"Good point...I had forgotten these were Obama's own words to supporters when lecturing them on fighting the good political/ideological fight against the opposition...

Now imagine if a Republican had said such a thing...how many heads would have exploded...

Robert Goren
04-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Cheney runs right up there in the depth of hatred against him, although I think there may be a smidge more against Obama. Sarah Palin runs a distant third. I don't there is anyone else close to those three in politics anyway. Certain there are more than quite a few people who dislike Hillary, and GWB, but I don't see the depth of the hatred with them as I do with the other three. There is something about those three that cause some people to get really passionate about them.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2015, 04:21 PM
The opposition hated George W. Bush far more than the opposition hates (note I said hate...I did not say opposes) Barack Obama.

Heck, someone even made a movie about the assassination of GWB...don't think it was made in the USA, but it was made...

You can't tell me Bush (while in office) was less hated by his ideological counterparts than Obama currently is by his opponents. I don't buy that for one second. I was actually paying attention from 2005-2009.

Robert Goren
04-20-2015, 04:56 PM
At one time, Janet Reno had a following with a deep hatred of her. Of course neither her, Bush, Obama, Cheney or Hillary can hold a candle to the amount hatred that was spewed on LBJ.

TJDave
04-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Of course neither her, Bush, Obama, Cheney or Hillary can hold a candle to the amount hatred that was spewed on LBJ.

Really? I can remember it clearly. Kids just didn't want to go to Vietnam. Nothing personal.

horses4courses
04-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Heck, someone even made a movie about the assassination of GWB...don't think it was made in the USA, but it was made...

He didn't even pull a Kim Jong-Un, and throw a tantrum?
Now, there's restraint. ;)

maddog42
04-20-2015, 06:36 PM
http://dakotawarcollege.com/obama-most-disliked-president-in-modern-history/

This site claims he is the most hated president in modern history. Other sites/polls claim differently, but there is real evidence he is definitely in the top 3 of the last 70 years.

maddog42
04-20-2015, 06:41 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2678005/Obama-rated-WORST-president-World-War-II-embarrassing-new-poll.html

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2014/07/02/americans-vote-obama-worst-the-president-since-world-war-ii

Much of this feeling for the president is in the "eye of the beholder".

classhandicapper
04-20-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't understand the Sarah Palin hate at all.

Maybe she wasn't qualified for the 2nd highest office in the country, but neither is our current president and he's actually doing damage. She was never even in a position of national power.

Quite honestly, I think liberals hate her because when she came on the scene she was a very attractive woman (I'd call her a "milf") who could give a great speech and rile up conservatives. It was bad enough for them that she was a popular woman inside the republican party while they were constantly trying to make the case that republicans were anti woman, but she was also a feminine and "hot" woman. That drove them crazy.

Stillriledup
04-20-2015, 07:07 PM

This site claims he is the most hated president in modern history. Other sites/polls claim differently, but there is real evidence he is definitely in the top 3 of the last 70 years.

Isn't it possible that because of the internet and social media, that the amount of people who are allowed to "render opinions" is much larger than it was a few years ago? Maybe people had the same "hate" back in the day but their voices were never heard.

classhandicapper
04-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Let me clarify my previous point.

I think there is a difference between disagreeing with a president on taxes, defense spending, education, welfare reform, healthcare, and other policies that could easily be overturned or changed by the next administration and policies that are fundamentally changing the country permanently (like illegal immigration) or for decades (like major foreign policy blunders).

There was some deep hatred for Bush on Iraq, but there's just as much hate for Obama on just about everything he's done on foreign policy and what he's allowing to happen (actually encouraging) on illegal immigration to further empower the left. These are the kinds of things that IMO can cause aggressive responses.

Greyfox
04-20-2015, 07:44 PM

I think "hate" is too strong a word for comments about Sarah.
Unfortunately, she had a Jane Russell body and an Edith Bunker mind.
Too much sizzle, too little steak.

Obama was able to go a long ways selling sizzle too.
As we've seen, there isn't much steak there either.
In his instance the "bile" has been earned by his overt incompetency in both Foreign and Domestic affairs.
As I write he's still negotiating with Iran regarding a nuclear stockpile and at the same time preparing to block Iranian ships if they enter Yemen waters. His State Department claims that these are separate issues.
Also today an American journalist has been charged with spying having spent the last 8 months in a prison in Tehran.
Obama is a living example of the Peter Principle in just about every area that he attempts to succeed.
He's over his head.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Peters_principle.svg/220px-Peters_principle.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Peters_principle.svg)

classhandicapper
04-20-2015, 07:56 PM
As I write he's still negotiating with Iran regarding a nuclear stockpile and at the same time preparing to block Iranian ships if they enter Yemen waters. His State Department claims that these are separate issues.

I read that story on my commute home from work tonight. :rolleyes:

His level of idiocy is breaking new ground weekly.

Tom
04-20-2015, 08:51 PM

1. He has earned it.
2. He has two years to make it the top.
3. Even money he will.

Tall One
04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
"If they bring a knife, you bring a gun"

And that's the Chicago way.

JustRalph
04-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Sarah Palin was called the "C" word by nationally famous entertainers and David Letterman accused her daughters (including the 14 yr old ) of having sex with the Yankees

And that was just the highlights

NJ Stinks
04-21-2015, 12:28 AM

Maybe she wasn't qualified for the 2nd highest office in the country, but neither is our current president and he's actually doing damage. She was never even in a position of national power.

Quite honestly, I think liberals hate her because when she came on the scene she was a very attractive woman (I'd call her a "milf") who could give a great speech and rile up conservatives. It was bad enough for them that she was a popular woman inside the republican party while they were constantly trying to make the case that republicans were anti woman, but she was also a feminine and "hot" woman. That drove them crazy.

Sarah Palin is foolish to put it mildly. Obama is no fool. I do not hate Palin. Once she and McCain lost everything was right with the world again.

Hank
04-21-2015, 01:59 AM

"The destructive, hate-driven personal attacks against President Obama by the Republicans that your editorial accurately describes should be contrasted with the rational, calm and statesmanlike manner in which President Obama conducts himself and manages the presidency. His professionalism brings great credit to the presidency, and Americans should be proud to have a person of this caliber as their leader."

It depends.In the south racism is the primary factor,also demographically racism is primary for older white males who despise seeing a non-white in the white house because they perceive this as evidence of the erosion of the traditional dominance of white male political power.

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/04/it_is_all_still_about_race_obama_hatred_the_south_ and_the_truth_about_gop_wins/

JustRalph
04-21-2015, 02:08 AM
It depends.In the south racism is the primary factor,also demographically racism is primary for older white males who despise seeing a non-white in the white house because they perceive this as evidence of the erosion of the traditional dominance of white male political power.

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/04/it_is_all_still_about_race_obama_hatred_the_south_ and_the_truth_about_gop_wins/

You're full of shit. I've lived in the south, the north and the middle of the country, all over the last 12 years. Your stereotype of the south is total crap.

Believe the bullshit all you want. You are wrong. Some of us have lived it.

Clocker
04-21-2015, 03:56 AM
In the south racism is the primary factor,also demographically racism is primary for older white males who despise seeing a non-white in the white house because they perceive this as evidence of the erosion of the traditional dominance of white male political power.

That is as racist a statement as any I have ever heard from any self-acknowledged, black-hating half-wit bigot dressed up in a white sheet and a hood. And just as ignorant.

And while I generally object to blanket criticism of a source, the writers at Salon seem to suffer from a particularly twisted form of dementia. They make Pelosi and Reid look reasonable. They even think that Hillary is a religious fanatic.

Aspirants to the White House, both Democratic and Republican, have, as we all know, begun “announcing,” thus initiating, from a rationalist’s point of view, a media carnival featuring, on both sides, an array of supposedly God-fearing clowns and faith-mongering nitwits groveling before Evangelicals and nattering on about their belief in the Almighty and their certainty that if we just looked, we could find answers to many of our ills in the Good Book.

Yet Hillary does believe. Not only that, she claims to have grown up in a family elbow-to-elbow with none other than the Almighty: “We talked with God, ate, studied, and argued with God.”

Reporters, to verify her truthfulness, might ask her to be more specific: what type of cuisine did God prefer? Did God use Cliff Notes while hitting the books with you? How was God in a debate? Did he, being God, simply smite with thunderbolts those he disagreed with? If she replies that she didn’t mean to be taken so literally, then what exactly constituted evidence of the Almighty’s presence in her home? Did she actually hear a voice respond as she prayed? Did she have visions? If so, did she consult a psychiatrist? Which was more likely – that she was rooming with God or that she was suffering some sort of protracted, especially vivid mental disturbance? There are meds for that.

The virtual corollary to Hillary’s belief: her “Faith Voters for Hillary” website, which axiomatically tells us her “faith is deeply personal and real.” Sadly, we have no evidence to the contrary.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/19/marco_rubios_deranged_religion_ted_cruzs_bizarre_f aith_our_would_be_presidents_are_god_fearing_clown s/

davew
04-21-2015, 06:03 AM
Sarah Palin is foolish to put it mildly. Obama is no fool. I do not hate Palin. Once she and McCain lost everything was right with the world again.

Sarah is opinionated and many dislike her opinions.

Obama is a con man that fooled many in the country and continues to do so for some. He is very good at giving campaign speeches and getting people motivated. He is very bad at managing things and getting good results. He clearly had a better election crew working for him telling him what to do than he has in his administration running the government. He is like JFK was in polished speeches / television presence, but has not been able to follow through with any of his 'good ideas'. I wonder if DEMS are going to run the next election on HOPE and CHANGE mantra.

maddog42
04-21-2015, 06:47 AM

At the very least, you are partially correct. I guess you saw a little of the bile yourself.

tucker6
04-21-2015, 06:48 AM
You are correct to say that Obama is no fool. However, he is without a shred of street smarts and common sense, and that makes him look like a fool. I mean that sincerely and with sadness.

tucker6
04-21-2015, 06:49 AM
You're full of shit. I've lived in the south, the north and the middle of the country, all over the last 12 years. Your stereotype of the south is total crap.

agree. I think their is more racism in the north these days, and shared equally with blacks.

Inner Dirt
04-21-2015, 09:50 AM

agree. I think their is more racism in the north these days, and shared equally with blacks.

Your average liberal white person believes black people are incapable of racism. Good example my friend Jeff and I (white) used to hang out with fellow college football players Issac and Lloyd who were black. If we were going somewhere they would meet us just outside their neighborhood to be picked up saying it wasn't safe for a white person to drive thru unless a black person was riding with them.

Hank
04-21-2015, 10:48 AM

Of course I am. Unfortunately I am referencing data divorced from your or my experience and or opinion.

"But 40 years of data from the General Social Survey — the gold standard of American public opinion research — say otherwise. They tell us that Southern whites overwhelmingly blame blacks for their lower economic status, ignoring or denying the role played by discrimination, past and present, in all its various forms, and that the balance of Southern white attitudes has barely changed at all in 40 years."

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Yes, the South is just SOOOOOOOO racist...that's why articles such as this are being written...on BET no less:

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2014/03/24/black-migration-is-now-from-north-to-south.html

Hank
04-21-2015, 11:06 AM
That is as racist a statement as any I have ever heard from any self-acknowledged, black-hating half-wit bigot dressed up in a white sheet and a hood. And just as ignorant.

And while I generally object to blanket criticism of a source, the writers at Salon seem to suffer from a particularly twisted form of dementia. They make Pelosi and Reid look reasonable. They even think that Hillary is a religious fanatic.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/19/marco_rubios_deranged_religion_ted_cruzs_bizarre_f aith_our_would_be_presidents_are_god_fearing_clown s/

You obviously have no idea what the word racist means.Did two gentlemen named Dunning-Kruger speak to you?"And just as ignorant"Classic Dunning-Kruger.

Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Clocker
04-21-2015, 11:20 AM
You obviously have no idea what the word racist means.

Racism also means judging or being prejudiced against a group because of their race. As in lumping "older white males" together and accusing them of hating blacks.

Tom
04-21-2015, 12:16 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=racism&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

dartman51
04-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Yes, the South is just SOOOOOOOO racist...that's why articles such as this are being written...on BET no less:

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2014/03/24/black-migration-is-now-from-north-to-south.html

Yeah, the left loves to go around telling us all how Conservatives are all racist, and the South is full of racisim.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/states-highest-interracial-marriages/

39% of all newly weds, in the South, are interracial. Only 15% of the newly weds in the Blue States in the North East, are interracial.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/top-20-states-interracial-dating-infographic_n_1959131.html

10 of the TOP 20 states for interracial dating, are RED STATES. Oh, the horrors. If the left would get their head out of their ass, long enough to see the real world, instead of just buying in to whatever the MSM, The Daily Kos, the Democratic Underground, or their Dear Leader, feeds them, they might see things in a new light. :faint:

JustRalph
04-21-2015, 12:52 PM
There are still racist places. There are still racist people. But the big bad wolf of racism is a damn joke. This country is so far beyond what Dems suggest.

screaming racism is the default answer to every problem for the Dems. It's programmed in them to nurture the black vote. They slowly are turning to the Latino/Hispanic vote. That means an immigration fight. They keep both groups down.

A permanent underclass. That's how they succeed

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Screaming racism and keeping the specter of racism alive also helps with the political donations...never forget that...

Racism be good business for the Dems...an incentive for them to make sure it remains alive forever, whether fact or fiction.

Hank
04-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Racism also means judging or being prejudiced against a group because of their race. As in lumping "older white males" together and accusing them of hating blacks.

The question was....."What Drives the Bile Against Obama?"And my answer was specific to that context. Your reply makes clear the fact that you still don't understand the definition of racist, By your tortured logic any reaction to or noting of racism is tantamount to racism itself.

Again.Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Hank
04-22-2015, 12:42 AM
Yeah, the left loves to go around telling us all how Conservatives are all racist, and the South is full of racisim.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/states-highest-interracial-marriages/

39% of all newly weds, in the South, are interracial. Only 15% of the newly weds in the Blue States in the North East, are interracial.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/top-20-states-interracial-dating-infographic_n_1959131.html

10 of the TOP 20 states for interracial dating, are RED STATES. Oh, the horrors. If the left would get their head out of their ass, long enough to see the real world, instead of just buying in to whatever the MSM, The Daily Kos, the Democratic Underground, or their Dear Leader, feeds them, they might see things in a new light. :faint:

Interesting.It appears that the vast majority of minorities live in red states in the south.Therefore its a mathematical certainty that this is where most interracial marriages and or dating must take place. :rolleyes:
Did you talk to two gentlemen named aah never-mind.

If the left would get their head out of their ass :D

Darker color denotes higher minority population.

tucker6
04-22-2015, 02:04 AM
Laugh all you want Hanky, but you didn't perform the math.

In the last census, the 11 'red' states from the deep south (VA, TN, AR, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC) had a black/hispanic population of 38,000,000.

In the last census, the 11 most prominently 'blue' states in the NE, midwest, and west (CA, CO, CT, IL, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OR, and WA) had a black/hispanic population of 35,957,000.

That's pretty close to a tie, and if you'd add the remaining blue and red states, the numbers probably come out pretty even, so there is a large statistical significance to the 39% versus 15% number. Red states marry interracially twice as much.

See what can be done when you dig into the details rather than repost a fancy picture...

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity/

edit to add that the 22 states I picked had 74M of the 92M blacks/hispanics in this country, so the numbers would be similar if you separated all the red and blues out.

Hank
04-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Laugh all you want Hanky, but you didn't perform the math.

In the last census, the 11 'red' states from the deep south (VA, TN, AR, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC) had a black/hispanic population of 38,000,000.

In the last census, the 11 most prominently 'blue' states in the NE, midwest, and west (CA, CO, CT, IL, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OR, and WA) had a black/hispanic population of 35,957,000.

That's pretty close to a tie, and if you'd add the remaining blue and red states, the numbers probably come out pretty even, so there is a large statistical significance to the 39% versus 15% number. Red states marry interracially twice as much.

See what can be done when you dig into the details rather than repost a fancy picture...

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity/

edit to add that the 22 states I picked had 74M of the 92M blacks/hispanics in this country, so the numbers would be similar if you separated all the red and blues out.

Nice try.But Slipping in Hispanics skews the numbers Hispanics are an ethnic group not a race Consequently Many white/Hispanic marriages are not even recorded as mixed. Remember the ordinal question.What Drives the Bile Against Obama?A black man. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States

tucker6
04-22-2015, 02:36 AM
Nice try.But Slipping in Hispanics skews the numbers. Remember the ordinal question.What Drives the Bile Against Obama?A black man.
Many white/Hispanic marriages are not even recorded as mixed. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States
You post a picture showing minority population and tell me, 'nice try'?? :lol:

Newsflash Clark. Hispanics are considered a minority, and were a part of the study that produced the 39% versus 15% numbers. Try to keep up sport.

Hank
04-22-2015, 02:44 AM
You post a picture showing minority population and tell me, 'nice try'?? :lol:

Newsflash Clark. Hispanics are considered a minority, and were a part of the study that produced the 39% versus 15% numbers. Try to keep up sport.

Try to keep up sport. :lol: :lol:

Hispanic is an ethnic group not a race ...sport. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

Hank
04-22-2015, 03:00 AM
Hey you're right it does say minority above the map thats a mistake it should say African American.So with respect to Black/White intermarriage what I asserted STANDS. Sport. :lol:

OMG that sport was a good one. Tucker you have got to be pushing 80 :lol: :lol:

tucker6
04-22-2015, 03:09 AM
Try to keep up sport. :lol: :lol:

Hispanic is an ethnic group not a race ...sport. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic
you do realize that we are all one species (race) correct?? Funny how you keep changing the goalposts to fit the meme. I must have struck a chord to get you in such a lather and to backpedal like you are. I didn't realize you had such thin skin. My apologies. :rolleyes: Fact remains that YOU didn't do your homework and that the pretty picture you posted means squat.

Tom
04-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Nice try.But Slipping in Hispanics skews the numbers Hispanics are an ethnic group not a race Consequently Many white/Hispanic marriages are not even recorded as mixed. Remember the ordinal question.What Drives the Bile Against Obama?A black man. :cool:

Sorry, Mr. Hanky, but is NOT the original thread question. YOU added the Black man part. Your racism is showing. You assume anyone who disagrees with him does so because he is Black, and that is racism, pal.
hate Hillary for the same reasons.

Such a narrow mind you have.

Inner Dirt
04-22-2015, 07:50 AM
How about the reverse question, who drives all the glowing undeserved praise? A Nobel Peace Prize? WTF. I hear people talk about him like Christians talk about Jesus. I have never heard any politician praised like him. That is your reverse racism or whatever you call it where people set a lower standard for minorities and rate them higher than if they were white. Kind of like what Rush Limbaugh said about Donovan McNabb. I have heard many people say he is the best president ever, when all is said and done he will not even be average. Women say how handsome he is when he is no more than average looking for his age.

fast4522
04-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Women say how handsome he is when he is no more than average looking for his age.

A very short time ago the Moonbats here were here talking about how beautiful his wife is, strange times indeed.

tucker6
04-22-2015, 08:34 AM
A very short time ago the Moonbats here were here talking about how beautiful his wife is, strange times indeed.
a simple case of over compensating to balance out the real inadequacies.

Hank
04-22-2015, 02:20 PM
you do realize that we are all one species (race) correct?? Funny how you keep changing the goalposts to fit the meme. I must have struck a chord to get you in such a lather and to backpedal like you are. I didn't realize you had such thin skin. My apologies. :rolleyes: Fact remains that YOU didn't do your homework and that the pretty picture you posted means squat.

Such a lather? Backpedal?So with respect to Black/White intermarriage what I asserted STANDS. No back pedal there :rolleyes: . I said the caption above the map should have referenced African Americans specifically not minoritys in general just a clarification nothing more.

Hank
04-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Sorry, Mr. Hanky, but is NOT the original thread question. YOU added the Black man part. Your racism is showing. You assume anyone who disagrees with him does so because he is Black, and that is racism, pal.
hate Hillary for the same reasons.

Such a narrow mind you have.

Tom read the question,
What Drives the Bile Against Obama? It does not say what drives disagreement with Obama.You are inserting a straw-man against an argument I did not make. Sorry Tommy boy, you lose yet again.

Tom
04-22-2015, 03:53 PM
You insert the incorrect comment about race.
I say that disagreeing with him is causing the bile, not his race.

YOU lose, Mr. Hanky.
This just in........Not everything is Race related. Film at 11.

Hank
04-22-2015, 05:16 PM
You insert the incorrect comment about race.
I say that disagreeing with him is causing the bile, not his race.

YOU lose, Mr. Hanky.
This just in........Not everything is Race related. Film at 11.

It just occurred to me.This matter can be cleared up very easily.The question from the General Social survey was very well chosen.If you concur with the qouted statement below you are a racist

But 40 years of data from the General Social Survey — the gold standard of American public opinion research — say otherwise. They tell us that Southern whites overwhelmingly blame blacks for their lower economic status, ignoring or denying the role played by discrimination, past and present, in all its various forms, and that the balance of Southern white attitudes has barely changed at all in 40 years

tucker6
04-22-2015, 07:14 PM
It just occurred to me.This matter can be cleared up very easily.The question from the General Social survey was very well chosen.If you concur with the qouted statement below you are a racist

But 40 years of data from the General Social Survey — the gold standard of American public opinion research — say otherwise. They tell us that , and that the balance of Southern white attitudes has barely changed at all in 40 years
Hank,

You can either read about life in a book or go out there and live it. Just because it is published does not make it true. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about because you don't live here. Just last week I fired a doorman at my club for using the N word. Guess what?? He was from the north.

Now does racism exist in the south? Sure does. Does discrimination exist in the south? Sure does. On both sides. However, whites and blacks do not seek each other out for confrontation 99.9% of the time here. There is a sort of detente these days, where each side recognizes that it is better to co-exist than to clash. Where are all the race related issues in the news?? Most are outside the south. The killing in Charleston recently was condemned by everyone here in SC where I live. There is no place for that in a civilized world. That is an anomaly.

I go into black neighborhoods every day feeding feral cat colonies. I used to get flack from the black youth for not helping out blacks in the hood until they found out that I feed their grandparents through Meals-on-wheels. It is the little things we do in life that can have a cumulative impact on race relations. What I hate about the national debate is that there is no coming together to find common ground, but a divisiveness that isn't needed to move forward. I know you will never believe that a staunch conservative like myself would stoop so low as to feed blacks at lunch, but reality doesn't neatly fit into poll data.

fast4522
05-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Another "you got to pass it to find out what is in it"?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/secrecy-eroding-support-for-trade-pact-critics-say-117581.html