PDA

View Full Version : Borel to ride El Kabier

depalma113
04-19-2015, 09:57 PM
That will kill his odds.

SecretAgentMan
04-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Build a wall of horses against the rail & don't let him thru.......

boys at tosconova
04-20-2015, 12:10 AM
yes...this only means better odds on other horses with better chances.

http://www.phelpssports.com/content/photos/35072.jpg

minethatbird08
04-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Borel has some Derby magic that is for sure. However, that trip he gave Ride On Curlin last year was horrible.

OCF
04-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Who rides Madefromlucky? I'm guessing Castellano.

AlBundy33
04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Borel has some Derby magic that is for sure. However, that trip he gave Ride On Curlin last year was horrible.

That's why I'm waiting for the post position draw to determine if I can use him underneath in exotics or not. That 90 degree angle to the rail last year was ridiculous.

BlueChip@DRF
04-20-2015, 11:01 AM
That's why I'm waiting for the post position draw to determine if I can use him underneath in exotics or not. That 90 degree angle to the rail last year was ridiculous.

Why don't they fix that during the off-season?

AlBundy33
04-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Why don't they fix that during the off-season?

With the points determining the post draw? Sure because why have a point system in the first place aside from earning enough points to get in the gate?

Back to the topic, aside from whoever gets stuck in the 1 hole and the weather, where El Kabeir draws affects what I spend in my main exacta/trifecta.

minethatbird08
04-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Who rides Madefromlucky? I'm guessing Castellano.

I think castellano takes whoever JV doesn't between Carpe Diem and Materiality.

OCF
04-20-2015, 11:49 AM

Good point, I had forgot about Materiality. So who rides Madefromlucky? I'm out of guesses.

Grits
04-20-2015, 12:14 PM

You may want to rethink the idea of Javier settling for JR's seconds. Or anyone else's. His Eclipse Award, 2013 & 2014, indicates he hasn't become the top jockey in the U.S. with this habit.

BlueChip@DRF
04-20-2015, 12:26 PM
With the points determining the post draw? Sure because why have a point system in the first place aside from earning enough points to get in the gate?

Back to the topic, aside from whoever gets stuck in the 1 hole and the weather, where El Kabeir draws affects what I spend in my main exacta/trifecta.

I mean the tail of the main track here they start the 1-1/4 miles race. They could widen that tail or shift it over to make it a fair start for all.

minethatbird08
04-20-2015, 03:41 PM
You may want to rethink the idea of Javier settling for JR's seconds. Or anyone else's. His Eclipse Award, 2013 & 2014, indicates he hasn't become the top jockey in the U.S. with this habit.

I don't think Javier is settling for JV's seconds. However, given Castellano's strong relationship with Pletcher and the fact that Carpe Diem and Materiality are two of the best horses available one of those is the most logical choice. The only horse currently in the Derby that Castellano has been on is Stanford and he didn't travel with him for the Louisiana Derby.

OCF
04-20-2015, 04:26 PM
I don't think Javier is settling for JV's seconds. However, given Castellano's strong relationship with Pletcher and the fact that Carpe Diem and Materiality are two of the best horses available one of those is the most logical choice. The only horse currently in the Derby that Castellano has been on is Stanford and he didn't travel with him for the Louisiana Derby.

I'm with you, Castellano could do a lot worse than settling for JV's seconds, such as settling for another jockey's seconds or skipping the Derby altogether. If you want to look at it in those terms, that's his choice. I suppose it's possible he won't be offered a mount, but well, please.

IMHO you don't get to be an Eclipse Award-winning jockey by engaging in petty ego battles at the expense of potentially damaging relationships with leading trainers. In this case it might be THE leading trainer.