PDA

View Full Version : TVG and the BIG A Blackout of live racing

NY BRED
04-18-2015, 05:46 PM
So, Golden Gate, Tampa and naturally Santa Anita trump The Big A??

Would be fitting Justice for Belmont to disallow TVG on their grounds
on Belmont day.

Again wondering if NYRA could use their AQU Insider crew +
Jeff and Aaron and do live racing on MSG /Sports Channel etc..

Even better, NYRA could bring in DRF personnel, Jerry Brown which would appeal to many of us and newbies.

Dream on???

:mad:

Tom
04-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Golden Gate gets far more coverage than NYRA.
TVG is first class.

Stillriledup
04-18-2015, 07:02 PM
they dont even show the Big A results on the scroll anymore...its like they aren't even running.

I thought at one point today "is aqueduct cancelled" TVG might not know they even raced.

PaceMasterT
04-18-2015, 08:19 PM
So, Golden Gate, Tampa and naturally Santa Anita trump The Big A??

Would be fitting Justice for Belmont to disallow TVG on their grounds
on Belmont day.

Again wondering if NYRA could use their AQU Insider crew +
Jeff and Aaron and do live racing on MSG /Sports Channel etc..

Even better, NYRA could bring in DRF personnel, Jerry Brown which would appeal to many of us and newbies.

Dream on???

:mad:

Maybe the Big A should get more than 4 or 5 horses in a race.

cj
04-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Maybe the Big A should get more than 4 or 5 horses in a race.

^^^^ This! ^^^^

The cards have been, to be kind, unappealing. NYRA is generally my number one circuit, but I've barely looked lately. I'm sure it will change when racing shifts to Belmont and a lot of the Keeneland horses head north.

Stillriledup
04-18-2015, 10:38 PM
^^^^ This! ^^^^

The cards have been, to be kind, unappealing. NYRA is generally my number one circuit, but I've barely looked lately. I'm sure it will change when racing shifts to Belmont and a lot of the Keeneland horses head north.

Races should be shown in order of amount wagered, the bigger the pool/handle, the more preference the race should get.

arno
04-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Races should be shown in order of amount wagered, the bigger the pool/handle, the more preference the race should get.

Does amount wagered mean to show Los Alamitos over the Meadowlands?
Does it mean to show replays of Happy Valley in Hong Kong at 1PM Wednesdays?

We are spoiled you must remember when the only races you saw were Win Elliot at 6PM and Stan Bergstein at 1130PM

Stillriledup
04-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Does amount wagered mean to show Los Alamitos over the Meadowlands?
Does it mean to show replays of Happy Valley in Hong Kong at 1PM Wednesdays?

We are spoiled you must remember when the only races you saw were Win Elliot at 6PM and Stan Bergstein at 1130PM

I'm just talking about the races in their "lineup" on tracks that they're regularly showing.

acorn54
04-19-2015, 06:29 AM
yeah some meet the big A had this past year. i bet maybe 5-10 races the entire meet.
i wonder if there was a huge decrease in handle? does anybody know?
i use to look forward to the big A as my primary betting track for the winter.
so from me they got about only 1% of what i would usually bet in the winter months. i am sure this must be the case for alot of bettors that look for full fields.

Grits
04-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Aqueduct's winter meet has never had appeal... not until the Wood Memorial rolls around. Still, it has never been this bad in regard to fields. There are times to take breaks, dead of winter is one of them. JMO

One can look forward to Belmont in just a few days!

NY BRED
04-19-2015, 08:21 AM

Sorry, but in my world ,if you are catering to fans, rather than whales,
I would stick to televising the large circuits on a primary basis..

I would believe Belmont Day eclipses GG, and the smaller circuits
on any one day.

All roads lead to my recommendation of a NYRA network, and if that
wish/dream will never happen, perhaps Twinspires would jump into
the mix.

Tom
04-19-2015, 09:48 AM
GG must be Golden Goose.
Both channels seem to cater to it.

I seem to always be on the wrong channel.

Watching the prattle up to the CT race yesterday, then I go get a drink and come back to find they sent you to TVG for the race and I tune in halfway through it.

They should rename the network Where's Waldo.

fmolf
04-19-2015, 12:10 PM
NYRA will not cater to any demands of tvg for a sweetheart deal?..Golden gate has taken preference over aqueduct as has turfway and just about any other small time track that aquiesces to their demands.They truly are not serving the best interests of racing in my opinion!...
P.S:....this is the same reason that Belmont does not get the breeders cup....they will not kiss their ass to do so!...i hope NYRA sticks to their guns!

Robert Fischer
04-19-2015, 12:22 PM
NYRA has a cable channel in Ny right? At least that's something, but it should be nationwide.

Racing is so myopic. Every household with basic cable should have the major tracks on TV with an integrated wagering adw platform.

someone like TVG is very smart, but they are taking advantage of a systemic inefficiency.

The idea of making cable subscribers jump through hoops or pay for additional packages in order to GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY is hilarious as far as the humor, but it's also kind of a sad statement about the business, and is frustrating when you consider that the pools would be larger and the purses better, and we'd see more racing in prime time.

cj
04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
GG must be Golden Goose.
Both channels seem to cater to it.

I seem to always be on the wrong channel.

Watching the prattle up to the CT race yesterday, then I go get a drink and come back to find they sent you to TVG for the race and I tune in halfway through it.

They should rename the network Where's Waldo.

I think it is pretty clear the Stronach tracks have gotten a huge boost from the merger, to the detriment of others.

Robert Fischer
04-19-2015, 12:51 PM
NYRA has a cable channel in Ny right? At least that's something, but it should be nationwide.

Racing is so myopic. Every household with basic cable should have the major tracks on TV with an integrated wagering adw platform.

someone like TVG is very smart, but they are taking advantage of a systemic inefficiency.

The idea of making cable subscribers jump through hoops or pay for additional packages in order to ̶G̶I̶V̶E̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶ ̶T̶H̶E̶I̶R̶ ̶M̶O̶N̶E̶Y̶ is hilarious as far as the humor, but it's also kind of a sad statement about the business, and is frustrating when you consider that the pools would be larger and the purses better, and we'd see more racing in prime time.
*GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY

JimG
04-19-2015, 05:08 PM
TVG should be streaming their network. It is 2015. The HRTV stream has improved since TVG took over. However, I have not found many other improvements yet.