PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan Longshots

ceejay
05-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I think that Pie's prospect and Consecrate are live lingshots today.

Pie's Prospect (Top last race beyer) just beat Alumni Hall in what may turn inot a key Race. Alumni Hall came back to win a pretty strong ALW @ CD on Wednesday. The fourth finisher returned with a "win" (but was DQ'ed). The biggest negative IMO is Zito's record with this Beyer Profile in 3yo male graded stakes.

Consecrate is more of a gut feeling that I have. It strikes me at the type of situation where he hits. Adding blinkers off of a layoff at a price. Can we overlook the Wood?

BIG RED
05-22-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm using Pie myself, along with Intimidator.

Bubbles
05-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I used Consecrate in the Wood after his strong Winstar Derby finish. He bounced badly. I see him having a say in the outcome today with a good late kick.

JustRalph
05-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BIG RED
I'm using Pie myself, along with Intimidator.

Why Intimidator? Just wondering.......I can't see it..........
would love to hear your reasoning

BIG RED
05-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I can see why you don't see it, Ralph. That's why he better be very long odds to throw him in. He's hardly raced, only horse I see on the improve, and I'm hoping he runs a big race which looks to me he's primed for. Now, will his big race beat some of these guys? Can it get him up in the mix, if the odds are right, that's what I'll hope for. I think this is a very tight race, so I'll make just a couple of bets going for a price. Exotics only. Good luck

JustRalph
05-22-2004, 04:32 PM
If there is one I like that is not a fav.........it's the 2

But I don't like him trying to go wire to wire.....which is what he might need to do.

Hammerhead
05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Amazing I was going to post pies prospect and the concentrator #8 but alas I'm to late. Hope I didn't put the kiss of death on them.

BetHorses!
05-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Intimidator 70-1 was prob one of the best bets of the year. You just knew he had to outrun those odds

JustRalph
05-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by BetHorses!
Intimidator 70-1 was prob one of the best bets of the year. You just knew he had to outrun those odds

What the hell does that mean? he was 10 back ?

How does that make him a "best bet" ?

He did run better than some horses with higher odds..........but they were all well back..........in that group. I don't see what value there was in the play.

BetHorses!
05-23-2004, 11:01 PM
JustRalph

My numbers made the horse 18-1. I took 70-1, I don't care how far back he finished after the race he was great value. By the way he had the lead at the top of the stretch bumped at the start and pressed the pace three wide.

VALUE is what the hell that means

JustRalph
05-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BetHorses!
JustRalph

My numbers made the horse 18-1. I took 70-1, I don't care how far back he finished after the race he was great value. By the way he had the lead at the top of the stretch bumped at the start and pressed the pace three wide.

VALUE is what the hell that means

ok........we can agree to disagree. My analysis showed him 10 or more back.........and that is where he was. I saw no value.......that is why they call it a pari-mutual system.

Tee
05-24-2004, 02:44 AM
This discussion regarding Intimidator reminds me of a talk I had with a buddy of mine after a golf tournament last year. He beat me by 10+ shots & was talkin chit about how poorly I had played.

I asked him one simple question - how much money did you make?

He quickly saw where I was going with my question cuz he also had finished out of the money.

The moral of the story as it pertains to Intimidator is............

U guys r smart - figure it out :) :)