PDA

View Full Version : Britt McHenry

Grits
04-18-2015, 01:41 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/britt-mchenry-suspension-espn-video-clip-too-easy-one-week

The social media fall out towards this one year on the job hire is overwhelming.

A one week slap on the wrist is a poor decision on ESPN's part. There should be no room in broadcast journalism for one who conducts themselves in this manner off camera. (Or in this case, camera be damned.) I don't care what the towing company's reputation is, now, or going forward, McHenry's profound stupidity and her entitlement mindset will cause her to remain lower. An unkempt, unglued, embarrassment to all women.

TJDave
04-18-2015, 02:32 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/britt-mchenry-suspension-espn-video-clip-too-easy-one-week

The social media fall out towards this one year on the job hire is overwhelming.

A one week slap on the wrist is a poor decision on ESPN's part. There should be no room in broadcast journalism for one who conducts themselves in this manner off camera. (Or in this case, camera be damned.) I don't care what the towing company's reputation is, now, or going forward, McHenry's profound stupidity and her entitlement mindset will cause her to remain lower. An unkempt, unglued, embarrassment to all women.

Sorry to disagree with you but I find the whole thing uproariously funny. Hope to see and hear much more from her.

She's not an embarrassment to all women. Just the ones with large breasts working in small TV markets as weather reporters.

mountainman
04-18-2015, 02:40 PM

Concur that suspension too short. Still cringe when folks petition and call for her job. Americans are way, way, way, too eager for somebody else to get fired. The sad, dirty little truth about human nature is we get off on the misfortunes of others.

The cynic in me suspects espn will retain her because attention of this magnitude, however negative, can only increase her celebrity.

JustRalph
04-18-2015, 04:20 PM
ESPN is the Google of the Sports world. They are the most profitable network on television. This is baby-crap to them. They don't care. I was just thinking as I watched the vid that she is the exact opposite of Stuart Scott, in the ESPN world of characters.

She sure is proud of that college degree. She's a little blonde hottie with apparently some brains. In our society she hit the DNA jackpot

She knows it too......

Stillriledup
04-18-2015, 05:20 PM

I agree, there's no place or room for this stuff, this is 2015 in America, i'm not sure what country she thinks she's living in, but you can't act like this, especially if you are a public figure, its just unacceptable.

Its amazing how "media members" have just decided on their own that they're going to be the "Stars" and not just lackeys who INTERVIEW stars (you know, people with actual talent at something) i guess its the Oprah phenomenon, society made the "interviewer" the bigger star than the "stars" that were getting interviewed, which is a baffling phenomenon how a person with no talent holding a microphone gets to be a billionaire, great country we are living in.

MutuelClerk
04-18-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't think she should lose her job. I'm sure the people working there have seen a lot worse than her behavior. Not to excuse it. We all have our moments and these days they seem to be on video. The fact she knew she was on camera and still acted like this is pretty silly. Almost as silly as McHenry thinking she's at ESPN for her intelligence and her degree. I see her leaving ESPN and joining Fox News.

Marshall Bennett
04-18-2015, 08:18 PM
ESPN is the Google of the Sports world. They are the most profitable network on television. This is baby-crap to them. They don't care. I was just thinking as I watched the vid that she is the exact opposite of Stuart Scott, in the ESPN world of characters.

She sure is proud of that college degree. She's a little blonde hottie with apparently some brains. In our society she hit the DNA jackpot

She knows it too......
I tend to agree. She has the educational qualifications, but lacks the intelligence to use it well.
The story isn't newsworthy because she's really not that smart. :)

Marshall Bennett
04-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Sort of the Tonya Harding of sports reporters. :lol:

Robert Goren
04-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Give her a break, nobody likes towing companies and their employees. I had use them sometimes in my job. I hated it when I did. They deserve every bit of abuse they get. I generally stand up for the little guy taking flack for a decision he (in this case a she)had no part in making, but towing company employees are the exception to my rule. Towing companies only hire the biggest jerks around and only the biggest jerks around would work for a towing company. I think Britt deserves a raise for what she did. In case someone thinks I am being sarcastic, I am not.

charm city whizz
04-18-2015, 10:53 PM
Give her a break, nobody likes towing companies and their employees. I had use them sometimes in my job. I hated it when I did. They deserve every bit of abuse they get. I generally stand up for the little guy taking flack for a decision he (in this case a she)had no part in making, but towing company employees are the exception to my rule. Towing companies only hire the biggest jerks around and only the biggest jerks around would work for a towing company. I think Britt deserves a raise for what she did. In case someone thinks I am being sarcastic, I am not.

Great post and great point.....towing company's and employees and bottom rung

proximity
04-19-2015, 12:17 AM
Great post and great point.....towing company's and employees and bottom rung

despair not for such evil can be overcome!!

from "that other site" (and my favorite thread :D ;) ) a member of the unwashed masses, lacking even a rudimentary platinum card has indeed defied the odds:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=46706322&postcount=2619

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Red Knave
04-19-2015, 08:55 AM
A one week slap on the wrist is a poor decision on ESPN's part. There should be no room in broadcast journalism for one who conducts themselves in this manner off camera.That video that was broadcast was highly edited and I do think she knew she was on camera. I think she was just giving back what she was getting from the clerk. It's hardly professional behavior but there is a bit more to the story.

Grits
04-19-2015, 09:20 AM
That video that was broadcast was highly edited and I do think she knew she was on camera. I think she was just giving back what she was getting from the clerk. It's hardly professional behavior but there is a bit more to the story.

Thank you. Still, if she were my daughter, as a parent, my shame would be significant. But this is just my opinion.

Robert Goren
04-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Thank you. Still, if she were my daughter, as a parent, my shame would be significant. But this is just my opinion. If I was the parent, I would not be exactly proud of my towing company employee daughter either.

Red Knave
04-19-2015, 11:12 AM
if she were my daughter, as a parent, my shame would be significant.
I get that. And I also agree that a week isn't long enough.
It just bugs me that they always go for the shock-value side of the story rather than a balance.

Robert Fischer
04-19-2015, 11:39 AM
First i've heard of her. I may have seen her picture with an online article in the past. I assume she is one of the hosts for sports news on ESPN.

I agree with Mountainman when he says:
The cynic in me suspects espn will retain her because attention of this magnitude, however negative, can only increase her celebrity.

Like I said, this is the first I've heard of her. She is currently a hot social media topic, and that can only be good when it presents in this scenario.

I really don't care what they do with her. I'd guess they will lean toward their best business decision while balancing concerns of company image.

Maybe she had a bad day. Maybe she is actually a trashy person. Maybe she gave us a glimpse and a reflection of the type of lifestyle stresses that some low-level model/host has to go through in her world? Who knows...