PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using a P6 program to formulate tickets?

Turfday
05-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Is anyone using a P6 program that you can input an odds line into and a dollar amount of how much you want to spend on the play and then have it formulate the tickets?

Sort of a much more efficient way of playing the P6 rather than marking horses A, B or C or playing "above and below the line."

If you know of any, would you please post here or send me a private messag?

twobet
05-23-2004, 11:18 AM
I sent you an email containing a website link. It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but does contain betting line input and automated ticket construction using your straight-ticket selections.

blind squirrel
05-23-2004, 11:38 AM
RICHARD BAUER had a program to structure
tickets a while ago.i used it for tri's,i think
it also did p-6 tickets.he's a SOCAL GUY
i think.

WINMANWIN
05-29-2004, 06:42 AM
E-MAIL ME AND I WILL SEND THE EXOTIC WAGER CALCULATOR
FOR EX'S, PICK 3-4-6- TRI'S AND SUPERS. IF INTERESTED

mhrussell
05-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Bob-

I have started to develop an Excel application that will construct and optimize Pick 6 tickets given a user selected set of constraints:

1) maximize hit probability subject to a total ticket cost limit, or

2) minimize total ticket cost subject to a desired minimum hit probability; or

3) maximize the product of hit probability and expected post time odds subject to a total ticket cost limit.

The user designates horses as either "A's" <prime contenders>; "B's" <marginal contenders> and "C's" <longshots>. The application will automatically consider every combination of "backup" tickets. I may add an option so the user can select to only consider only the "A's" or "A's" and "B's" or "A's" and "C's"

My day job and life has been hell recently so I have had this project on the back burner for awhile. I hope to work on it a little this weekend. Send me a PM with your email address and I will keep you posted. I am thinking of marketing this application once I complete it. This will be a good tool and I think other players would be interested.

have a good weekend...