PDA

View Full Version : Carpe Diem

nads1420
04-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Seems like the general buzz on this horse has gone down quite a bit where as just a month ago was mentioned almost on the same tier as Dortmund and American Pharoah. Was his Blue Grass that unimpressive?

Stoleitbreezing
04-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I think for him his Ofer Storm Cat in the derby pedigree is most to blame. Although many have questions about who he beat in TB and KEE. To be fair, the others who have won the major preps also beat suspect fields. Maybe its the yearling price tag of 1.6 mil and his trainer that many horseplayers would love to beat.

f2tornado
04-14-2015, 03:33 PM
The BSF was a modest 95. I don't agree with that figure but it is what it is. Some consider the Bluegrass field to have been mediocre but I'd argue most fields were similar. The horse has Storm Cat on top which has been the kiss of death. Also, other horses looked more convincing to the eye. I do think looks can be deceiving and am not one to get that excited about blowout victories when not backed up with pace/speed figures on paper. Carpe did have a nice late pace figure so I'm not going to throw out of my exotics. Too many concerns to put on top for me however. I have him in the future wager as a saver.

BlueChip@DRF
04-14-2015, 03:47 PM
I think for him his Ofer Storm Cat in the derby pedigree is most to blame. Although many have questions about who he beat in TB and KEE. To be fair, the others who have won the major preps also beat suspect fields. Maybe its the yearling price tag of 1.6 mil and his trainer that many horseplayers would love to beat.

There are at least 6 others with that 'curse', Dortmund and American Pharoah to name a couple.

SecretAgentMan
04-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Pletcher gets his 3 year olds ready for prep races, wins them, & then is done because he doesn't do jack in the KD.......then he sends the horses off to breed.

Carpe Diem has peaked, he won't be doing anything in the KD