PDA

View Full Version : Cozmic One makes debuts Friday

Kash$
04-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Finally Cozmic One will make his debut Friday at SA in the 2nd.

tanner12oz
04-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Will be even money or worse

Fager Fan
04-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Will be a good betting race with this horse taking the money off those with legit chances. This horse's works have been slow. Wish I could bet him for finishing last.

classhandicapper
04-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Only a field of 7, but that's a pretty tough spot for a debut. There are a couple of runners in that field. If he runs a good 3rd that would be nice debut.

ten2oneormore
04-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Moe Candy and D' Church are pretty fast and Volume could be a lot better on dirt.

If Cozmic One gets hammered with all Zenyatta fan money I could box those 3. If he wins that would be a very good debut even in such a smallish field.Wondering if they just drop back immediately Zenyatta style and try to make a late run or they send from the rail.

RacingFan1992
04-13-2015, 04:39 PM
My thinking is this race is going to be blown out of proportion because they are going to peg it as a Battle of the offspring of Blame Vs. Zenyatta. A rematch if you will. You never know this might turn into a vicious rivalry. How much you want to bet that all the fair weather fans of Zenyatta are going to propose a match race between CO and Volume? I think the same thing might be hatched with the colt of Zenyatta and Rachel Alexandra like a Battle of the Broodmares. We don't need that.

Mystic
04-13-2015, 04:44 PM
John will probably scratch.. :bang:

letswastemoney
04-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Tried and True looks best there, although I'd prefer to read the Timeform numbers before I definitively pick him.

FantasticDan
04-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Bloodhorse article detailing how he's been a challenge to train:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91234/cozmic-one-approaches-long-awaited-debut

Stillriledup
04-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Will be even money or worse

With virtually no chance to win.

letswastemoney
04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
With virtually no chance to win.I don't see why he has no chance.

Debuting in a route fits his pedigree.

Shirreffs tends to win with short priced maidens. Even Eblouissante won at first asking.

Stillriledup
04-13-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't see why he has no chance.

Debuting in a route fits his pedigree.

Shirreffs tends to win with short priced maidens. Even Eblouissante won at first asking.

He would have to be a superhorse to win first time out vs horses running 90s beyers. Is the "rumor" that he's a superhorse? I'm sure we would have heard by now if he's a once in a lifetime freak.

Right?

letswastemoney
04-13-2015, 09:47 PM
He would have to be a superhorse to win first time out vs horses running 90s beyers. Is the "rumor" that he's a superhorse? I'm sure we would have heard by now if he's a once in a lifetime freak.

Right?Superhorse? I don't know about that, but he certainly has plenty of workouts for a decent foundation.

Zenyatta's siblings tend to win. Balance was a stakes winner and most of the rest were competitive at the allowance level. The fact that both Zenyatta and Eblouissante won 1st time out for the same exact trainer is a good sign.

This is Zenyatta's son, but I'm guessing she will follow in her dam's footsteps and become a productive mare.

bks
04-17-2015, 04:19 PM
He's getting the expected overbetting treatment at 1/2 with abt 10 mins to post. At SA.

Kash$
04-17-2015, 04:33 PM
Dead Last.

menifee
04-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Michael Jordan's kids were not that great at basketball either.

codysakic
04-17-2015, 04:34 PM
well that was unimpressive. Dead last.

BlueChip@DRF
04-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Maybe they are trying to get better odds for next time out.

Greyfox
04-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Ran like Zenyatta, but without the closing kick.

BlueChip@DRF
04-17-2015, 04:40 PM
well that was unimpressive. Dead last.

The horse ran great! It took the entire field to beat him!

OTM Al
04-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Nothing like having a poster giveaway for a horse that may never win a race....

098poi
04-17-2015, 04:55 PM
The horse ran great! It took the entire field to beat him!

That's a good one!

Fager Fan
04-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Will be a good betting race with this horse taking the money off those with legit chances. This horse's works have been slow. Wish I could bet him for finishing last.

Wasn't too hard to call.

chadk66
04-17-2015, 05:02 PM
He's getting the expected overbetting treatment at 1/2 with abt 10 mins to post. At SA.And......

DeltaLover
04-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Ran like Zenyatta, but without the closing kick.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exotic1
04-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Tried and True looks best there, although I'd prefer to read the Timeform numbers before I definitively pick him.

Very good call. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
04-17-2015, 08:30 PM
It's hard to take anything positive away from that performance, but it wasn't as bad as it looks. That pace was very slow. He didn't have much of chance from that far back unless he was a superior horse.

I thought he went out fairly well after the wire and I doubt Shirreffs had him fully cranked. So I'd expect him to run better next out if he's stretched out and gets some kind of pace. I just hope they run him and allow him develop properly instead of giving him a million works and no races like they did with Ebby.

Stillriledup
04-17-2015, 10:11 PM
It's hard to take anything positive away from that performance, but it wasn't as bad as it looks. That pace was very slow. He didn't have much of chance from that far back unless he was a superior horse.

I thought he went out fairly well after the wire and I doubt Shirreffs had him fully cranked. So I'd expect him to run better next out if he's stretched out and gets some kind of pace. I just hope they run him and allow him develop properly instead of giving him a million works and no races like they did with Ebby.

Funny how the public bet him as if he was fully cranked even though they knew he wasn't.

PoloUK6108
04-17-2015, 10:37 PM
She was the queen...he's the prince. Young, confused..perhaps he'll find his way :D :cool:

Cholly
04-18-2015, 12:09 AM
I hope he turns it around next race, and certainly wish well to all on his team--Owners, Trainer, & Jock are class acts....but I myself am living proof that sometimes very ordinary issue can spring from the most exceptional breeding.

RacingFan1992
04-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Maybe he is the exact opposite. He needs 18 more losses before he can tie his mom's streak and then he wins the Breeders' Cup as a maiden. :lol:

nijinski
04-18-2015, 01:08 AM
She was the queen...he's the prince. Young, confused..perhaps he'll find his way :D :cool:

He's lucky she's the queen or he could well be gelded otherwise in the
near future . ;)

nijinski
04-18-2015, 01:56 AM
He had to come to the paddock with a rider on hid back . Issues !

Cozmic One entered the paddock before the race with rider Victor Espinoza aboard to keep the colt calm after he had some issues schooling April 16.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91332/cozmic-one-lacks-late-kick-in-debut#ixzz3Xda0qeq1

classhandicapper
04-18-2015, 10:26 AM
He's lucky she's the queen or he could well be gelded otherwise in the
near future . ;)

You are probably right.

When I started reading all the articles about how difficult he is to handle that was the first thing I thought. :eek:

By the way, he earned a 68 Beyer, which is in line with the Beyer
one his regular workmates earned recently. So they worked similarly and ran similarly.

lamboguy
04-18-2015, 10:43 AM
years ago if the big people in racing had this type of expensive horse flopped like this one, they would have never run him and, instead just send him to the breeders shed.

this just shows you how classy the Moss family is, they are not in this game for the money, they are in it for the love.

i hope that this horse bucks the odds and wakes up somewhere down the line.

johnhannibalsmith
04-18-2015, 11:05 AM
It was a complete non-race but I get the sense that everything is a non-something the first ten times he does it. They're probably just thrilled he made the course and they got him unsaddled on the racetrack.

DeltaLover
04-18-2015, 11:10 AM
years ago if the big people in racing had this type of expensive horse flopped like this one, they would have never run him and, instead just send him to the breeders shed.

this just shows you how classy the Moss family is, they are not in this game for the money, they are in it for the love.

i hope that this horse bucks the odds and wakes up somewhere down the line.

Someone might say that it is fair to see another start still given the late debut and the extensive workout pad, chances are that this is a mediocre horse.

It seems that he will have trouble to even break his maiden unless he drops into the claiming ranks...

Retiring him early and giving him a shot as a stallion might not be a good (longshot) idea..

RacingFan1992
04-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Wasn't John Henry an example of gelding a horse to ease his temperament that did not work? I think the mean ones run harder cause they are pissed all the time and exert all that energy on the track. Case in point, War Admiral. Mean and temperamental but could run like a bullet.

DeltaLover
04-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Wasn't John Henry an example of gelding a horse to ease his temperament that did not work? I think the mean ones run harder cause they are pissed all the time and exert all that energy on the track. Case in point, War Admiral. Mean and temperamental but could run like a bullet.

Keslo was the same story..

RacingFan1992
04-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Yeah but Kelso wasn't anything special. Just a cheap claimer. :rolleyes:

classhandicapper
04-18-2015, 01:23 PM
This is a tough audience.

One mediocre performance in a totally paceless race for a trainer that doesn't do very well with first time starters and he's being totally written off as a bum already?

Take a look at the PPs of the horse that beat him after one start.

He may turn out to be a one paced plodder and be retired early, but it's WAY TOO EARLY to know that for certain.

cj
04-18-2015, 01:32 PM
This is a tough audience.

One mediocre performance in a totally paceless race for a trainer that doesn't do very well with first time starters and he's being totally written off as a bum already?

Take a look at the PPs of the horse that beat him after one start.

He may turn out to be a one paced plodder and be retired early, but it's WAY TOO EARLY to know that for certain.

I still remember the days he trained for 505 and was a 40% + first out trainer. I agree it is too early, but the delayed debut and lack of any real foot isn't promising. I did enjoy Trevor's silly over call..."rolling now"...LOL.

whodoyoulike
04-18-2015, 07:22 PM
I watched the replay and he reminded me of his mother's running style. He just hasn't figured it out yet.

He needs to run along side his mother in company with other horses and maybe she can show him how it's done. If they do, the connections should Youtube it. They probably took him away too soon before she could explain what it's all about.

Most of you are part of a tough crowd.

PaceMasterT
04-18-2015, 08:28 PM
He had to come to the paddock with a rider on hid back . Issues !

Cozmic One entered the paddock before the race with rider Victor Espinoza aboard to keep the colt calm after he had some issues schooling April 16.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91332/cozmic-one-lacks-late-kick-in-debut#ixzz3Xda0qeq1

They better hire the "Horse Whisperer"

whodoyoulike
04-19-2015, 06:19 PM
They better hire the "Horse Whisperer"

I speak a little horse.

Now, if the connections want to put me up (or is it are they willing to put up with me?), I'd be willing to whisper in his ear that he'd better start performing because several posters are already thinking he may be a better race horse sans his nuts.

Speaking as another male, I'd rather the connections try my suggestion first.

I can recall when I was a 3yo following my mother and trying to keep up with her on her errands. I was usually able to stay within a length of her. Now, if Cozmic One was able to do this with his mom, he just may be a good one.