PDA

View Full Version : "SlimBrowser" for Windows 7 and 8?

Flysofree
04-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Has anyone tried this browser? Sounds good from the advertisement, but they all do . It's free.

upthecreek
04-12-2015, 02:18 PM
CNET gives it 3.5 stars out of 5, users give it 4 stars
I'm going to give it a try

Red Knave
04-12-2015, 02:20 PM
I tried it several years ago with Win XP. It was okay but that was about the time that Chrome became available so I never really got into it.
The one issue I would have with it now is that it requires that you have Internet Explorer installed because it uses some of it's underlying code.

Flysofree
04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
CNET gives it 3.5 stars out of 5, users give it 4 stars
I'm going to give it a try

Let me know your opinion of it please..

Dick Schmidt
04-13-2015, 05:28 AM
I'm using it right now. I like being able to set up a group of websites and open them all with one click. Easy to use and you do have access to all your IE favorites. My main browser is Chrome, but I like Slim to quickly open a bunch of sites and easily move fro one to anothe. Never had any problems with it.

Dick

"German cultural heritage is not that complex, actually. You drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of Sauerkraut and pork, and every fifty years you get the urge to kick the snot out of the French." - Marko Kloos

Flysofree
04-13-2015, 06:55 AM
Thanks for that info.

I just didn't like the feel I got from Chrome or was it Chrome +. After downloading it felt complicated.

I know eventually I must get rid of IE (sadly) but not sure which one.