PDA

View Full Version : Is that all there is?

fast4522
04-12-2015, 08:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRZZC-DH7M

Can't America do better?

johnhannibalsmith
04-12-2015, 10:07 AM

Can't America do better?

Pick a year and stop voting for a party instead of a person and maybe someday the rhetorical question will have an alternative answer.

Tom
04-12-2015, 10:13 AM
I think Lower Slobovia could do a lot better. :eek:

I thought at first this was a caption thread - mine was..."Time of death?"

Tom
04-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Pick a year and stop voting for a party instead of a person and maybe someday the rhetorical question will have an alternative answer.

Problem is, the parties have taken over.
THEY decide who we will vote for.
The system has failed and it will never get better.
The country has been stolen.

Clocker
04-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Some people on Twitter don't seem to be taking this announcement very seriously.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/10/twitter-mocks-hillarys-big-announcement/

Marshall Bennett
04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Change the color and gender and you've got the same shit we've got now. :ThmbDown:

Clocker
04-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Change the color and gender and you've got the same shit we've got now. :ThmbDown:

Like Obama, she has no executive or private sector experience and an undistinguished history as a part time Senator.

Unlike Obama, she does have extensive experience in foreign affairs, with a with a long list of diplomatic accomplishments. :rolleyes: (Note to humorless libs: yes, that was a joke.)

I have read speculation by some political analysts that given her lack of experience and her lack of accomplishments as a Senator and as Secy. of State, it appears that her campaign will focus mainly on social issues, particularly the GOP War on Women.

DJofSD
04-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Come on Condi, doesn't this make you change your mind?!

Robert Goren
04-12-2015, 12:58 PM
While she is not all that great, she is miles ahead of any republican who is or is likely to run. What is really sad is once again the GOP has good chance to win, but won't, because they can't or won't put up someone that the majority of Americans can vote for.
The only republican that is running or likely to run that has enough decent stands on the issues to have chance to win is Rand Paul. But he won't because he crazy and at some point he will get caught up in one of his more far out stands and will crash and burn. I am somewhat of an expert on crazy people because I have had so many crazy girlfriends. Besides I heard that several conservative super pacs are going to go after him.

Hank
04-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Problem is, the parties have taken over.
THEY decide who we will vote for.
The system has failed and it will never get better.
The country has been stolen.

Problem is, the parties have taken over. :ThmbUp:
THEY decide who we will vote for. :ThmbUp:
The system has failed and it will never get better. :ThmbUp:
The country has been stolen.[/QUOTE] :ThmbDown: Correction it was purchased :cool:

Dave Schwartz
04-12-2015, 01:57 PM

Where is the "Give that man a cigar" emoticon?

:ThmbUp:

(Although we are probably beyond the point of no return. That is, the country is too polarized to change their ways.)

Tom
04-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Problem is, the parties have taken over. :ThmbUp:
THEY decide who we will vote for. :ThmbUp:
The system has failed and it will never get better. :ThmbUp:
The country has been stolen. :ThmbDown: Correction it was purchased :cool:[/QUOTE]

It was sold by those who stole it from us.

fast4522
04-12-2015, 02:31 PM
While she is not all that great, she is miles ahead of any republican who is or is likely to run. What is really sad is once again the GOP has good chance to win, but won't, because they can't or won't put up someone that the majority of Americans can vote for.
The only republican that is running or likely to run that has enough decent stands on the issues to have chance to win is Rand Paul. But he won't because he crazy and at some point he will get caught up in one of his more far out stands and will crash and burn. I am somewhat of an expert on crazy people because I have had so many crazy girlfriends. Besides I heard that several conservative super pacs are going to go after him.

RG, what you see inside the square is what got Obama nominated. Do not be so quick to be right, it is a very long time before the primary.

Clocker
04-12-2015, 02:32 PM
:ThmbDown: Correction it was purchased :cool:

It was sold by those who stole it from us.[/QUOTE]

And now we can be proud that we have the best politicians money can buy. :p

fast4522
04-12-2015, 02:47 PM

To be honest I'll be serious as a heart attack, I vote against everything our current President embodies. Why in Gods green earth would I vote for the mediocrity and just pure stupidity of the left ?

Hoofless_Wonder
04-12-2015, 03:07 PM
If Hillary is elected President, it will be time to emigrate.

I'm not planning on packing my bags.

fast4522
04-12-2015, 03:26 PM
She gets her nomination and everyone else is in better physical condition than she is. Maybe the VP spot might be Not worth a bucket of warm spit.
Ask Joe.

johnhannibalsmith
04-12-2015, 04:13 PM
To be honest I'll be serious as a heart attack, I vote against everything our current President embodies. Why in Gods green earth would I vote for the mediocrity and just pure stupidity of the left ?

What are you talking about?

fast4522
04-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Every single bad move made off the golf course johnhannibalsmith, everyone saw them coming. You personally must have way more going on than I do in order to support such a party.

johnhannibalsmith
04-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Every single bad move made off the golf course johnhannibalsmith, everyone saw them coming. You personally must have way more going on than I do in order to support such a party.

What are you talking about?

fast4522
04-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Your post #2 in this thread.

johnhannibalsmith
04-12-2015, 04:49 PM
It was one sentence and I thought to the point. No clue where this angle that I'm trying to get you to vote for a party at all comes from since no matter how I tilt the screen it still is saying quite the opposite. If you want to know why these people are the best that we can do, there's the swindle.

fast4522
04-12-2015, 05:00 PM
The race is early, lets look at some nice green polyester, fast forward to frame 520.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGg0VNLIgWs

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2015, 12:14 PM
The only republican that is running or likely to run that has enough decent stands on the issues to have chance to win is Rand Paul. But he won't because he crazy and at some point he will get caught up in one of his more far out stands and will crash and burn. I am somewhat of an expert on crazy people because I have had so many crazy girlfriends. Besides I heard that several conservative super pacs are going to go after him.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Same old crap emanating from the left...whoever the GOP nominates is crazy...blah blah blah..."someone the majority of Americans can vote for"...what you really mean is someone the LEFT (you) can vote for...which in the end, equals NOBODY who isn't a Democrat...

Just stop already...it's like the sound of one hand clapping...

acorn54
04-13-2015, 12:25 PM
i wish ross perot was around
he was really the only presidential candidate in my voting lifetime that told it like it is. gave a good try to be elected.
winston churchill said the citizenry gets the politicianst they deserve.

JustRalph
04-13-2015, 01:06 PM
i wish ross perot was around
he was really the only presidential candidate in my voting lifetime that told it like it is. gave a good try to be elected.
winston churchill said the citizenry gets the politicianst they deserve.

Ross Perot is the reason things are the way they are in the Repub party. He gifted B.Clinton the White House. The Repubs changed tactics after that. This is why a true conservative can't win the Repub nomination.

TJDave
04-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Ross Perot is the reason things are the way they are in the Repub party. He gifted B.Clinton the White House. The Repubs changed tactics after that. This is why a true conservative can't win the Repub nomination.

That's because it's the republican, not conservative party. If a conservative wants to be president they should get their own party. I suspect a liberal/progressive would have just as much trouble from the left.

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2015, 02:14 PM
That's because it's the republican, not conservative party. If a conservative wants to be president they should get their own party. I suspect a liberal/progressive would have just as much trouble from the left.Nothing to suspect. It has been playing out in real time since January 2009.

Tom
04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Can't get get enough real conservative to have a party.
Being a conservative requires personal responsibility and accoutnability.
Not many of those left in America.
The hope is that conservative can periodically capture enough of the repub party to react to some gross cluster-funk by the dems.

The repubs cannot win without the conservs. One would think it would dawn on them eventually, but as long we have idiots like Boehner in the party, the dems have hope.

How long after the huge win in the last election did it take for the mainstream repubs to roll over and play dead? They had a huge public mandate and were too chicken-shack or too stupid to take advantage of it.

Boehner could not lead flies to a pile of poop.

The only hope of the repubs is the Tea Party wing. Without the TP, the repubs are nothing more than democrats-lite.

reckless
04-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Personally, I am looking forward to a Hillary Rodham presidential run.

Level headed citizens know she is an abject failure and unworthy of being president. Dumb as water too and corrupt to no end, but that's for another time.

Hillary Rodham is absolutely the easiest Democrat candidate around for the GOP to defeat.

Go, girl, go!

Marshall Bennett
04-13-2015, 07:39 PM
She knows they'll rip into her past and expose a sickening picture. She's such a power-hungry bulldog, she's willing to subject herself and her family to that knowing she'll likely get elected. After all, they elected Obama.
The democrats have mastered a voting block that's massive enough to counter any real threat. These voters, like Hillary, do not care what the picture looks like, or the consequences of enduring another 8 years of garbage in the white house. These voters keep counting on all their promised gifts and prizes in return for votes, when in truth they're too fkn stupid to realize they're really in worse shape than when it all started. How sad.

NJ Stinks
04-13-2015, 07:59 PM
She knows they'll rip into her past and expose a sickening picture. She's such a power-hungry bulldog, she's willing to subject herself and her family to that knowing she'll likely get elected. After all, they elected Obama.
The democrats have mastered a voting block that's massive enough to counter any real threat. These voters, like Hillary, do not care what the picture looks like, or the consequences of enduring another 8 years of garbage in the white house. These voters keep counting on all their promised gifts and prizes in return for votes, when in truth they're too fkn stupid to realize they're really in worse shape than when it all started. How sad.

I seriously doubt the majority are worse off than they were six years ago.

JustRalph
04-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Personally, I am looking forward to a Hillary Rodham presidential run.

Level headed citizens know she is an abject failure and unworthy of being president. Dumb as water too and corrupt to no end, but that's for another time.

Hillary Rodham is absolutely the easiest Democrat candidate around for the GOP to defeat.

Go, girl, go!

I'll say it again. Dems have no problem electing "their guy" no matter what. These are voters who will re-elect a child molester. Multiple times. No morals, no values, it doesn't matter.

reckless
04-13-2015, 08:45 PM
I'll say it again. Dems have no problem electing "their guy" no matter what. These are voters who will re-elect a child molester. Multiple times. No morals, no values, it doesn't matter.

You just described Bill Clinton and Hilary Rodham!

Clocker
04-13-2015, 09:11 PM
You just described Bill Clinton and Hilary Rodham!

There is no evidence that any of the women Bill Clinton molested were underage. :rolleyes:

reckless
04-13-2015, 09:59 PM
There is no evidence that any of the women Bill Clinton molested were underage. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are right once more, there is no evidence. Actually, there is never any evidence in any Clinton wrongdoing, whether it's the Bill or the Hilary brand of wrong doing, anyway.

But, it should be noted, again, that the impeached Bubba does cavort with well-known bon vivant billionaire and child molester, Jeffrey Epstein.

As for Hilary? Well it is near my bedtime as I type this so since there's this entire presidential campaign of hers just getting started, we'll go there at another date and time.

Clocker
04-13-2015, 10:57 PM
But, it should be noted, again, that the impeached Bubba does cavort with well-known bon vivant billionaire and child molester, Jeffrey Epstein.

Guilt by association. So Epstein, a registered sex offended, regularly flies his private plane, the "Lolita Express", to his private island, perhaps occasionally employing under-aged "flight attendants". And so some of those highly talented under-aged flight attendants are also highly accomplished "massage therapists". And so Bill Clinton occasionally does a ride-along, just to enjoy the peace and quiet of the island.

Based on this flimsy evidence you would cast doubt on the character and morals of a great American like Bill Clinton? :eek:

Clocker
04-13-2015, 11:04 PM
As for Hilary? Well it is near my bedtime as I type this so since there's this entire presidential campaign of hers just getting started, we'll go there at another date and time.

Ah yes, Hillary. A woman whose greatest personal accomplishment was getting elected First Lady. A woman who constantly enabled, and covered up, Bill Clinton's personal war on women. And now she presents herself as presidential material based on her record as a feminist? :D

NJ Stinks
04-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Ah yes, Hillary. A woman whose greatest personal accomplishment was getting elected First Lady. A woman who constantly enabled, and covered up, Bill Clinton's personal war on women. And now she presents herself as presidential material based on her record as a feminist? :D

You forgot U.S. senator and U.S. Secretary Of State.

I'm not a fan of hers but you guys will make me one sooner than later.

Clocker
04-14-2015, 12:33 AM
You forgot U.S. senator and U.S. Secretary Of State.

I was talking about accomplishments. She accomplished little as a Senator. As Secy. of State she implemented and enabled Obama's disastrous foreign policy, greatly diminishing America's status and influence in the world.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/70/a1/18/70a1188842142a31c9ffe5a0a3f89332.jpg

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2015, 01:04 AM
She knows they'll rip into her past and expose a sickening picture.Who's they? The same people who ripped into Obama? :lol:

We see how well that did.

When will people rid themselves of the illusion that the mainstream media treats liberals as harshly as they do conservatives?

When was the last time a major left-leaning politician was painted as DUMB or CRAZY by the powers that be...incessantly...

NJ Stinks
04-14-2015, 01:15 AM
I was talking about accomplishments. She accomplished little as a Senator. As Secy. of State she implemented and enabled Obama's disastrous foreign policy, greatly diminishing America's status and influence in the world.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/70/a1/18/70a1188842142a31c9ffe5a0a3f89332.jpg

Most sane people consider being elected U.S senator or being appointed U.S. Secretary of State to be distinctive honors....noteworthy achievements, etc. But not the Clocker! :jump:

NJ Stinks
04-14-2015, 01:20 AM
When was the last time a major left-leaning politician was painted as DUMB or CRAZY by the powers that be...incessantly...

Howard Dean was bashed pretty hard by just about every media company after his "Hooray" speech.

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2015, 01:27 AM
Howard Dean was bashed pretty hard by just about every media company after his "Hooray" speech.True. And it was over a decade ago...

Clocker
04-14-2015, 01:43 AM
Most sane people consider being elected U.S senator or being appointed U.S. Secretary of State to be distinctive honors....noteworthy achievements, etc. But not the Clocker! :jump:

I said nothing about attaining those positions, I pointed out her singular lack of achievement while serving. She accomplished nothing of note as a Senator, and she aided and abetted serious damage to America's position in the international arena as Secy. of State.

As to attaining the positions, a Clinton being elected Senator from NY on the Dem ticket is even easier than making big bucks on insider trading. It is not an honor, it is machine politics. Chelsea Clinton could have won that election on the Dem ticket.

Her appointment as Secy. of State by Obama was certainly no distinctive honor, it was the epitome of cheap politics at its finest, and one of Obama's more astute moves. With Hillary at State, he eliminated possible criticism of his foreign policy by Hillary, and more importantly, by Bill. As a much higher level artist of politics, LBJ, used to say, it's always a lot better to have someone inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

Stillriledup
04-14-2015, 03:56 AM
What it comes down to is that the candidates that you're voting for are "presidenting" for the richest 1 percent, big companies and certain special interest groups, they're not "presidenting" for you and your family and that's why no matter who's elected, you feel like you're getting the shaft.

Marshall Bennett
04-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Who's they? The same people who ripped into Obama? :lol:

We see how well that did.

When will people rid themselves of the illusion that the mainstream media treats liberals as harshly as they do conservatives?

Right wingers. Fox news isn't a tiny media outlet. If it's really newsworthy the others will pile on just to compete. Money means everything to these ghouls and partisan politics isn't going to cheat them out of their share.

reckless
04-14-2015, 06:51 AM

Most sane people -- and not the typical knuckleheads that call themselves Democrats, left wingers and progressives -- judge an elected or appointed official by their accomplishments.

Hilary's record and legislative accomplishment as a Senator should be analyzed... but wait, I forgot, she has no such record or accomplishment.

Well, then, let's go to her accomplishments as a Secretary of State -- and we're talking Hillary's accomplishments and not that of the TV character on NBC, right?

So, looking at Secretary of State Hilary, we have her handling of dictator Vladimir Putin and the Russia reset: check...

And, we have her support for the Muslim Brotherhood in their overthrow of our former US ally Mubarak: check...

Also, we have Hilary going against brave and young freedom fighters in their 2009 Iran election, putting the USA imprimatur and support behind murderer, Islamo terrorist and overall thug, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: check.

We also have Benghazi, of course, but what difference does that one make: check.

Hilary Rodham, you go, girl!

rastajenk
04-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Don't forget about the courage on display during her barrel-roll landing into a military hot zone once upon a time! :ThmbUp:

dartman51
04-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Don't forget about the courage on display during her barrel-roll landing into a military hot zone once upon a time! :ThmbUp:

Oh yeah, when she was taking enemy fire.....NOT!! :liar:

dartman51
04-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Hillary's biggest obsticle will be TRUST. Not only do the majority of Americans, 52 percent, not trust Hillary Clinton, but 57 percent of Independents either somewhat distrust or greatly distrust her. A plurality of voters believe that Clinton intentionally withheld information and 68 percent believe that she risked American security. … Among those polled, 55 percent of respondents believe that the email controversy is either somewhat or very likely to have an impact on the 2016 presidential race.

The minority that claim to trust Hillary trust her in the same way Obama’s supporters trust him: they know she’s lying, they just don’t think she is lying to them. :lol:

Clocker
04-14-2015, 11:02 AM
The woman who has been charging universities $250,000 for a speech is now slamming CEOs and other top corporate officials for their high pay. :rolleyes:

But she knows all about income inequality, because she and Bill were broke and in debt when they left the White House and had to go live in their own houses.

http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-surprises-early-attack-ceo-pay-190527044--finance.html

johnhannibalsmith
04-14-2015, 11:28 AM
There's probably only one way the hag doesn't get elected and I don't think it is by expecting the voters to sift through an endless point/counter-point to her accomplishments or lack thereof. She needs to be the most establishment, Washington insider, politics-trumps-all, stereotype Hill lifer parlaying tax dollars into her own ivory tower.

And she is. Which is why she's trying to pretend that she drives a Dodge Caravan to pick potatoes and caulk the windows with toothpaste. Nobody squarely on the right will vote for her. Almost everyone squarely on the left will vote for her. There's a lot left in the margins up for grabs and more than anything I think those people just want anything but the usual party flunky out to write the last chapter in a bestseller.

Expose her as the Abe Froman cog that she is. And try to run someone that isn't exactly the same thing with a different mascot.

highnote
04-14-2015, 11:42 AM

Joe Biden comes to mind.

Tom
04-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Best way to campaign again Hillary.....post the photo of here at the start of this thread EVERY-freaking PLACE!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom
04-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Joe Biden comes to mind.

Biden would be tolerable as a POTUS.
One of the very few on the left.

Not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I think he has some integrity and could do a better job than Hillery or Barry.

fast4522
04-14-2015, 02:11 PM

Picture it like this RG, on the television for four long years.

Tom
04-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Hill and Bill...a couple old hillbillies driving around in their Winnebago, eating tacos, not committing......left hand turn signal on the entire trip. What difference does it make by Ohio anyway?

They call the bus "Scoby."
I say....rut-row!

Touring the country, making only left turns.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round......

Robert Goren
04-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Same old crap emanating from the left...whoever the GOP nominates is crazy...blah blah blah..."someone the majority of Americans can vote for"...what you really mean is someone the LEFT (you) can vote for...which in the end, equals NOBODY who isn't a Democrat...

Just stop already...it's like the sound of one hand clapping...Actually I sometimes vote for a real pro small business republican. I would do so more if so many republican candidate did not sell their souls to the religious right. The first question I ask republicans these days is where they stand on gambling. That gets rid of a lot of them. The second I ask them is about where they stand on gay rights. If they support anti business laws like the Indiana law, they lose me. I can not vote for someone who thinks using the Bible to justify bigotry is ok. If you are in business, you must stand up for your employees. My employees should be able to do business with everyone I can. End of story. Once I get a republican candidate who gets past those two issues, I get down to how real pro business they really are. I want to know how are they going to help create demand. A business is nothing without customers. Then I want to know how they stand on interest rates. Every small business I ever worked for had a loan for operating expenses. In my earlier years I was in the bar and liquor store business. They required large amounts of inventory and fairly large loan. I never even heard of business except for a few start ups that did not have at least a line of credit. Most borrow money to buy the business. Low interest rates are a must. If a candidate is really pro business, they have to favor low rates. I could careless what they are willing to do for the big boys. I want to know what they are going to for the Mom and Pops and the guys who employ 10 people or less. There are not a whole lot of republican candidates who really care about them. And there are even fewer who care about their employees. I admit I generally vote democratic because their candidates at least give lip service to the guy who cashes a paycheck.

Robert Goren
04-14-2015, 04:55 PM
One more thing. There is big difference between who I think can win and who I vote for. It is unlikely I would vote for any of the likely (or unlikely) GOP candidates, but there are couple who I think might have a fighting chance, if they run the correct campaign. For instance, I have said several times that I think Huckabee has a chance in the general election although I would never vote for him. There are couple of others. There is even a couple of republicans who I think might make a decent president but I would vote for Hillary over them because I believe she would do a better job.

fast4522
04-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Well RG, you better help the gal out by Facebook.

http://www.vocativ.com/usa/us-politics/the-top-google-searches-for-hillary-clinton-and-marco-rubio/

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2015, 12:14 PM
Joe Biden comes to mind.He's been painted as quirky or folksy or just "Joe being Joe."

It hasn't been anywhere near the vicious character assassination we've seen towards certain people with the scarlet (R) pinned to their chest.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Actually I sometimes vote for a real pro small business republican. I would do so more if so many republican candidate did not sell their souls to the religious right. The first question I ask republicans these days is where they stand on gambling. That gets rid of a lot of them. The second I ask them is about where they stand on gay rights. If they support anti business laws like the Indiana law, they lose me. I can not vote for someone who thinks using the Bible to justify bigotry is ok. If you are in business, you must stand up for your employees. My employees should be able to do business with everyone I can. End of story. Once I get a republican candidate who gets past those two issues, I get down to how real pro business they really are. I want to know how are they going to help create demand. A business is nothing without customers. Then I want to know how they stand on interest rates. Every small business I ever worked for had a loan for operating expenses. In my earlier years I was in the bar and liquor store business. They required large amounts of inventory and fairly large loan. I never even heard of business except for a few start ups that did not have at least a line of credit. Most borrow money to buy the business. Low interest rates are a must. If a candidate is really pro business, they have to favor low rates. I could careless what they are willing to do for the big boys. I want to know what they are going to for the Mom and Pops and the guys who employ 10 people or less. There are not a whole lot of republican candidates who really care about them. And there are even fewer who care about their employees. I admit I generally vote democratic because their candidates at least give lip service to the guy who cashes a paycheck.Are you trotting out the gambling thing again? I keep asking you why gambling didn't flourish during the years Obama was president AND CONGRESS WAS CONTROLLED BY DEMOCRATS.

You never have an answer, other than, well, that's just the way it is...both parties suck when it comes to gambling.

But here you are again, pinning it on Republicans and the religious right.

And what is it with the "religious right?" They have become so much LESS powerful over the years, I'm surprised you don't stop laughing long enough to actually type out the words "religious right." It's NOT a serious issue.

Is there still anyone ALIVE today who actually thinks if a Republican is elected, Roe v. Wade might actually be overturned, even by a Supreme Court stacked with conservatives. You know and I know it's never going to happen.

So why all the hand wringing and dredging up the "religious right." It's not a valid argument against Republicans any longer.