PDA

View Full Version : Purgenality

Cholly
04-11-2015, 02:46 PM
This 7yo gelding ran in Saturday’s 3rd @ Keeneland, a c50/n2l at 8.5f on the dirt. He hasn’t seen the winners circle since breaking his maiden in March of 2012, but you can’t say he hasn’t learned a thing or two in his 33 career starts.

He gave himself a perfect ride, executing his game plan perfectly. Out of the gate, give it the old neck twist and dump the dummy, get rid of the dead weight. Having broken from the outside in the 8-position, he lost no time in getting over to the rail, tucking behind the field. He saved ground perfectly on the first turn, then advanced between horses. Coming out of the first turn he moved to the outside and gained the lead, then tucked back in to hug the rail around the 2nd turn. Notice that Purgenality didn’t need any French-speaking whip-wielder to maintain a perfectly straight course through the stretch, repulsing the challenge by Javier Castellano on Eton Blue to record the win for which he won’t be credited.

My only criticism of his self administered ride: During the stretch run I was hoping he would herd Castellano out toward the grandstand and give that #%# some of his own medicine.

woodtoo
04-11-2015, 03:29 PM
He breezed that workout, maybe a jockey change is in order.

Definitely use in exotics. :D

minethatbird08
04-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Had him in my super. When he "won"... I said to myself "I knew that mf'er was going to win."

Frost king
04-11-2015, 09:22 PM
That was a masterful ride!