PDA

View Full Version : Race results

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Anyone aware of a site that gives thoroughbred race results going back three or four years? Thanks in advance

CosmicWon
04-10-2015, 08:28 PM
If the PDF charts will suffice, you can use the Historical Charts area of Equibase to find what should be every US race chart back to 1991. And it free :)

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbRaceChartCalendar.cfm?SAP=TN

That's where I went to gather the data for my masters degree since Jockey Club wanted to charge a poor student for the same stuff I could get myself with a little work. Hope that helps!

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-10-2015, 08:35 PM
If the PDF charts will suffice, you can use the Historical Charts area of Equibase to find what should be every US race chart back to 1991. And it free :)

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbRaceChartCalendar.cfm?SAP=TN

That's where I went to gather the data for my masters degree since Jockey Club wanted to charge a poor student for the same stuff I could get myself with a little work. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much

Ocala Mike
04-10-2015, 09:11 PM
That's where I went to gather the data for my masters degree

Not to be a wise guy, but what the hell did you get a masters in, Handicapping? Guess I should have gone to graduate school.

CosmicWon
04-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Lol I wish! Handicapping with a concentration in Super Hi 5s would be right up my alley! Instead I went for a much more boring financial route instead.

My thesis was an econometric look at KY handle that used intrarace pool totals to serve as the proxy by which to analyze consumer betting demand for synthetic track surfaces.

Was so proud of my research at the time but it's since been rendered moot for the most part since Kee switched back to dirt.

I used the free Equibase historical charts to pull my race and handle data samples (WPS, ex, tri, super, & Hi 5) to conduct my demand econometrics. Sounds totally dull and much of it was, but seemed worth it at the time. :)

Tall One
04-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Not to be a wise guy, but what the hell did you get a masters in, Handicapping? Guess I should have gone to graduate school.

We'd be some of the smartest dumb asses to ever walk the earth :D