PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Calumet Farm silks?

RacingFan1992
04-10-2015, 05:31 PM
This has been driving me nuts for a long time. I know Bluegrass Hall switched the Calumet colors to their own. Please if there is any one who knows what happened to them it would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere that a place in Brazil is in possession of them and didn't want to give them up. Does anyone know the name of the people who own them.

chadk66
04-10-2015, 06:13 PM
there are probably a dozen or more sets laying around the country

castaway01
04-10-2015, 06:14 PM
This has been driving me nuts for a long time. I know Bluegrass Hall switched the Calumet colors to their own. Please if there is any one who knows what happened to them it would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere that a place in Brazil is in possession of them and didn't want to give them up. Does anyone know the name of the people who own them.

What does this question mean? By the silks, do you mean the rights to use the colors or an actual physical garment? Because I'm sure there was more than one pair of actual physical silks with those colors, as Calumet once was a huge operation. If you mean the right to use the colors, I don't think any of the descendants who still own horses in this country, if there are any, use the old Calumet colors, so I don't think you'll see them again.

Ocala Mike
04-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Yeah, devil's red and blue; famous colors.

RacingFan1992
04-10-2015, 06:18 PM
What does this question mean? By the silks, do you mean the rights to use the colors or an actual physical garment? Because I'm sure there was more than one pair of actual physical silks with those colors, as Calumet once was a huge operation. If you mean the right to use the colors, I don't think any of the descendants who still own horses in this country, if there are any, use the old Calumet colors, so I don't think you'll see them again.

I was referring to the rights to the colors.

tanner12oz
04-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Saw calumet farms bourbon at the ABC today

SG4
04-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Believe TNT Stud has the rights to the silks now, they've had a few good runners over the years, Cara Rafaela comes to mind as one of them.

RacingFan1992
04-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Believe TNT Stud has the rights to the silks now, they've had a few good runners over the years, Cara Rafaela comes to mind as one of them.

Oh WOW! Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it.

sandpit
04-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Stud TNT it is indeed. Their website is here: http://www.studtnt.com/ You can see the old Calumet silks up in the corner of the page.

Stud TNT's owner also owns Three Chimneys Farm.

River11
04-10-2015, 10:48 PM
http://www.kyforward.com/billy-reed-a-calumet-jockey-not-wear-devils-red-and-blue-horse-racing-blasphemy-i-say/

RacingFan1992
04-10-2015, 11:01 PM
I saw that article. Pretty much placing a guilt trip on the owners of both places. Even if the silks were not active and belonged to a place like the Kentucky Horse Museum or something would be fine for me.

Tall One
04-10-2015, 11:09 PM
I saw that article. Pretty much placing a guilt trip on the owners of both places. Even if the silks were not active and belonged to a place like the Kentucky Horse Museum or something would be fine for me.

Similar to retiring a player's jersey. You don't wear it again; Jordan excluded, lol.

RacingFan1992
04-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Similar to retiring a player's jersey. You don't wear it again; Jordan excluded, lol.

EXACTLY! To bring those silks home and have the rights owned by the International Museum of the Horse and forever remain in their custody.

Grits
04-21-2015, 09:49 AM

A photo essay with comments on today's Calumet Farm operation. Too, a note on the famous Calumet silks...asked about, here, in the thread.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/features/calumet-farm-the-rebirth-of-a-legend-735

chadk66
04-21-2015, 10:37 AM
A photo essay with comments on today's Calumet Farm operation. Too, a note on the famous Calumet silks...asked about, here, in the thread.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/features/calumet-farm-the-rebirth-of-a-legend-735this is great news