PDA

View Full Version : Longines enters race tracking market

Grits
04-10-2015, 11:56 AM
The LPS tracking provides instant data on the exact position of horses during a race, race rankings, the distance between horses and speed. It boasts accuracy down to 5 centimeters and features up to 1,000 measurements per second.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91187/longines-to-enter-in-race-tracking-market#ixzz3WvEvEuP2

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Anything exciting and new and beneficial to the game will take at least 10-20 years to be utilized by the industry.... :lol:

Man am I jaded today...

Gentz
04-10-2015, 12:25 PM
The DRF asked them if they could please use fifths of a second when they record their data.

Cratos
04-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91187/longines-to-enter-in-race-tracking-market#ixzz3WvEvEuP2

Thanks Grits for posting this info and if the system produces accuracy as claimed to about 2 inches between horses this industry will have taken a quantum leap into the 21st century of handicapping.

The next major step will be compatible application software.

Grits
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks Grits for posting this info and if the system produces accuracy as claimed to about 2 inches between horses this industry will have taken a quantum leap into the 21st century of handicapping.

The next major step will be compatible application software.

You're welcome, Cratos. I thought it was interesting. The key is to bring it to North America after its debut in Australia. Who knows, it may prove more accurate than Trackus.

Cratos
04-10-2015, 04:17 PM
You're welcome, Cratos. I thought it was interesting. The key is to bring it to North America after its debut in Australia. Who knows, it may prove more accurate than Trackus.
From what I read, it sounds more accurate than Trakus at approximately 2" between horses and at 1000 measurements/second, but from my engineering experience with sensor technology I would believe that Trakus could duplicate or exceed those parameters.

However all of this would be for naught if someone doesn't develop the application software for such sophisticated data acquisition.

Excel and some of the other existing software packages might work to a certain extent, but I think an application package designed for horserace handicapping and compatible with the data would be better.