PDA

View Full Version : Leilani's Ticket

Cholly
04-08-2015, 07:36 PM
This veteran 5yo New York-bred was contesting the lead in the stretch in an open N1X on Saturday when something went wrong and he was pulled up. Does anybody know his status?

He's been a staple in New York allowance races the past three years, logging 34 starts and hitting the board in 21 of those. Hope there's some good news about this one.

horses4courses
04-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Good news, Cholly :ThmbUp:

Gary Contessa ‏@GaryContessa Apr 4
Leilani's Ticket pulled up today after Jose Ortiz said he took a misstep. Happy to report he looks great and returned perfect.

Twitter has it's critics.
I have to say that I find it invaluable as a resource for racing information.

Cholly
04-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the response, H4C...and glad the news is good!

Leilani's Ticket is one of those horses who makes the show go.

cutchemist42
04-09-2015, 12:00 AM
I know it might be a sad site to see the many deaths, but a guy who hates horse racing covers all of the deaths. If you ever have questions, this guy is usually on it quickly.

http://horseracingwrongs.com/

ReplayRandall
04-09-2015, 12:10 AM
I know it might be a sad site to see the many deaths, but a guy who hates horse racing covers all of the deaths. If you ever have questions, this guy is usually on it quickly.

http://horseracingwrongs.com/
Pretty harsh site to read through:

A Plea to Bettors
To those who wager on horseracing, we implore you to reconsider. And ultimately, you hold all the cards: no more bets, no more races; no more races, no more kills. And, no more separating foals and moms, no more abusing unformed bodies, no more confining, no more whipping, no more drugging, no more doping, no more buying and selling and trading and dumping. No more auctions, no more kill-buyers, no more transport trucks, no more abattoirs. No more pain, no more suffering. No more.

cutchemist42
04-09-2015, 01:01 AM

A Plea to Bettors
To those who wager on horseracing, we implore you to reconsider. And ultimately, you hold all the cards: no more bets, no more races; no more races, no more kills. And, no more separating foals and moms, no more abusing unformed bodies, no more confining, no more whipping, no more drugging, no more doping, no more buying and selling and trading and dumping. No more auctions, no more kill-buyers, no more transport trucks, no more abattoirs. No more pain, no more suffering. No more.

Very harsh with a strong bias, but have to admit his death watch is accurate in case anyone is wondering about a horse's status after a race.

tucker6
04-09-2015, 07:55 AM

A Plea to Bettors
That's all well and good, but without bettors and races, no more need for racehorses. So in the end, his intentions are to kill the breed with kindness. I am all for eliminating many of the things he rails against, but there are methods between the two extremes that he seems to miss.

Cholly
05-15-2015, 12:31 PM
He's racing today in the 5th @ BEL. He's dropping to a 25K tag, but I don't consider that a dump-price. Contessa has worked him 3 times since he was eased in his last race, so that looks OK. Glad to see this one come back!

tucker6
05-15-2015, 05:10 PM
He's racing today in the 5th @ BEL. He's dropping to a 25K tag, but I don't consider that a dump-price. Contessa has worked him 3 times since he was eased in his last race, so that looks OK. Glad to see this one come back!
... and won easily.