PDA

View Full Version : Dot Money- Global Currency Reserve?

ReplayRandall
04-07-2015, 03:59 PM
The expected demise of Bitcoin, brings a new Global Currency Reserve called Dot Money? A competitor has emerged and might just be a candidate for the new world's reserve currency:
http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/dot-money-a-new-virtual-currency-promising-a-new-age-of-financial-prosperity-2007075.htm

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2015, 04:04 PM
The expected demise of Bitcoin, brings a new Global Currency Reserve called Dot Money? A competitor has emerged and might just be a candidate for the new world's reserve currency:
http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/dot-money-a-new-virtual-currency-promising-a-new-age-of-financial-prosperity-2007075.htm

You're joking, correct?

ReplayRandall
04-07-2015, 04:24 PM
You're joking, correct?
Wasn't this what Bitcoin was trying to eventually be via the cyber world?

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Wasn't this what Bitcoin was trying to eventually be via the cyber world?

BitCoin was a joke - I posted that on here b/f it blew up.

ReplayRandall
04-07-2015, 04:37 PM
BitCoin was a joke - I posted that on here b/f it blew up.
Indeed, you did post that opinion. But, since an eventual worldwide currency re-set will lead us to a One World Currency, somewhere down the road, don't you see a "cyber" candidate versus a fiat currency as the eventual world's currency?

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Indeed, you did post that opinion. But, since an eventual worldwide currency re-set will lead us to a One World Currency, somewhere down the road, don't you see a "cyber" candidate versus a fiat currency as the eventual world's currency?

I don't agree with your premise. I don't envision "One World Currency" ever...unless you envision a world with no sovereign nations.

ReplayRandall
04-07-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't agree with your premise. I don't envision "One World Currency" ever...unless you envision a world with no sovereign nations.
Isn't that the original premise of the Euro? What about the World Bank and the IMF? Don't they all have the same eventual goal? Don't they ALL contribute to the world's financial stress and conflicts? What's the alternative?

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Isn't that the original premise of the Euro? What about the World Bank and the IMF? Don't they all have the same eventual goal? Don't they ALL contribute to the world's financial stress and conflicts? What's the alternative?

On the Euro, no - the US and non-EU countries were never invited in, nor was that the intention.

I don't understand the point about financial stress and conflicts.

We don't need an alternative. The current floating exchange rate system works relatively well.

ReplayRandall
04-07-2015, 05:16 PM
On the Euro, no - the US and non-EU countries were never invited in, nor was that the intention.

I don't understand the point about financial stress and conflicts.

We don't need an alternative. The current floating exchange rate system works relatively well.
We're not having much of an enlightened conversation here, are we? Sorry, it must be my fault......

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2015, 05:43 PM
We're not having much of an enlightened conversation here, are we? Sorry, it must be my fault......

I think we just view things differently. I rather enjoy your points, though.