PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Best breeding info

andicap
05-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Tomlinson, Helm, BRIS, HTR, or one of the others?

andicap
05-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Lee,
you can only vote once!

:)

andicap
05-21-2004, 12:59 PM
OK,
'I see two votes for "others."

who did I miss?

ceejay
05-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Turfday, for one.

Jeff P
05-21-2004, 07:28 PM
I voted other. In reality, I don't utilize breeding info at all. I've tried to but just haven't found a way to bring it into my game in a way where it makes a meaningful difference.

andicap
05-21-2004, 10:15 PM
OK, thanks Jeff for the clarification.

FYI, if you DON"T use breeding info. there is no need to vote.

I'm interested just in people who do.

(That will be the next poll: Do you use breeding info?)

:D

So far very interesting in how few people use Tomlinson even though he's in the DRF. I found BRIS to be the worst of all I've used and I liked Mike Helm's quite a bit (along with Lee's.)

I've never used Serra's and I used McCormick's for one year and they weren't bad, but I switched to Helm and found them very very effective. Horses stretching from 8.5f to 10f with 1's really did do better than horses with 3's. And they were great for those marathon turf routes too.

Lee puts a lot of work into his figures and they're also on the money I've found.

Recently I haven't bought any breeding figures because I wasn't playing many maiden races and turf and 2 yr old sire figures are available at the Blood-horse site.

I read Lauren Stich in the DRF Simulcast Weekly and she has a good rep, but haven't tracked whether her predictions come true.

I use HTR but haven't studied the breeding figures enough to make a judgement.

kenwoodallpromos
05-22-2004, 02:24 AM
You did not specify online. I get the yearly Bloodstock Journal (Bris) for the sire lists. % winners, ITM, etc I find useful. Really I note names of good recent ITM and win % sires as a capping plus, especially for longshots.

andicap
05-22-2004, 03:24 AM
Uh,
wouldn't that come under BRIS?

I presume the figures they print on their PPs are similar to the ones you get from them. BRIS is BRIS, wherever you get it from, right?

schweitz
05-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by andicap
I found BRIS to be the worst of all

Are you talking about just the info that comes with the pp's ? There are many breeding reports that can be purchased separately .

kenwoodallpromos
05-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Yes, I use Bris offline so i still voted for them.

Valuist
05-22-2004, 12:37 PM
On our local racing show on Fox Sports Net, they gave a brief demo of the Brisnet Maiden Stats 2004 CD-Rom. Very impressive. I'm ordering it today.

andicap
05-22-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm talking about the PPs, not the maiden stats CD-ROM, so that might be better.

cj
05-22-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't really understand "better" in this context. Either the stats are accurate, or they are not accurate. How you use the information is up to you. I'd rather have the hard stats like BRIS gives than the Tomlinson's ratings. I'm not saying they are not good, but I like the hard data better. Are you saying the BRIS data is inaccurate?

andicap
05-22-2004, 01:28 PM
CJ
Well there are degrees of accuracy as you know. I have just found in personal experience that the BRIS breeding figs I see on the past performances are not as predictive as the others. Now i've done zero research so it's entirely subjectie and doesn't mean much, but since I'm just asking for people's subjective opinions here -- not the definitie word or the results of a research project -- that's OK.

schweitz
05-22-2004, 04:39 PM
I always thought that BRIS was the "definitive answer" on breeding info. They were doing breeding info long before they got into handicapping products.