PDA

View Full Version : Without Obamacare, Jobs Report Might've Been Worse-Forbes

maddog42
04-06-2015, 09:41 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2015/04/04/without-obamacare-jobs-report-mightve-been-worse/?ss=healthcare

woodtoo
04-06-2015, 09:49 AM
A little late aren't we, the savior rose yesterday not today.

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2015, 11:37 AM
This sounds like a negative to me...as far as Obama's performance as president and the economy.

If we're relying on Obamacare to prop up the employment numbers, we're on shakier ground than I thought...

maddog42
04-06-2015, 11:41 AM
This sounds like a negative to me...as far as Obama's performance as president and the economy.

If we're relying on Obamacare to prop up the employment numbers, we're on shakier ground than I thought...

There certainly is some truth in what you are saying. But remember when Forbes ran article after article saying it would be a job killer?

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2015, 11:43 AM
There certainly is some truth in what you are saying. But remember when Forbes ran article after article saying it would be a job killer?No...I don't read Forbes...

These job gains in the health care industry might be temporary, especially in the insurance arena...insurance companies are going to have a tough go of it trying to stay in business with all these sick people signing up without healthy folks as a counter-balance...

classhandicapper
04-06-2015, 03:03 PM
There certainly is some truth in what you are saying. But remember when Forbes ran article after article saying it would be a job killer?

"Intuitively", one could speculate it is or will become a job killer for some businesses if it raises their healthcare costs, but a job creator for the extra administrative tasks it causes for government and insurance companies.

It should be the other way around.

We should be trying to cut the administrative costs to make it cheaper to cover more people and employ more workers elsewhere.