PDA

View Full Version : 71--64 Wisconsin stops Kentucky

Grits
04-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Hello, WISCONSIN BADGERS!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in a great championship game Monday night. :ThmbUp:

Sincerely, DUKE BLUE DEVILS

onefast99
04-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Duke by 11....

burnsy
04-05-2015, 11:14 AM
That was what I call "poetic justice" or "just Desserts" , when people run their mouths, its the curse of death. Kentucky can beat NBA teams, I had to chuckle and figured this would be the end result. The "Gomers" out there can stop a freight train. People that get paid as "experts" were saying this....they scored 64 in the biggest game of the season....college is in no way played like the pros, the worst team on a good night can score that in 24 minutes...........dream on and eat crow. I hope the game Monday is good but last night was par for the course....I'll take the Knicks and lay 25........ :lol:

Inner Dirt
04-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I listened to the game on the radio while working I could not believe how many times they used the word "student athletes" on the pre game show. I would hardly call a player killing a year at Kentucky waiting for the NBA a "student athlete". I thought it was fitting that Calipari's NBA minor league team got beat, and the most valuable player leading the beat down was a senior who wasn't originally NBA material. Even though I did pick Kentucky to win it all and they killed any chance of finishing in the money in my bracket group I am happy they lost. Kind of a win-win for me.

Grits
04-05-2015, 12:21 PM
I don't know about Justise (well, yeah, I do). I don't know about just desserts. But when you choose to conduct yourselves in this manner? You've got problems and they're not related in any way to the poor excuse of the heat of the moment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/05/kentuckys-loss-brings-arrests-with-fights-and-fires-in-lexington/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/05/kentuckys-andrew-harrison-apologizes-for-expletive-racial-slur-toward-frank-kaminsky/

Somehow, I don't believe this will happen between Duke and Wisconsin, not among their athletes or their fans.

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Love those underdogs. Have to say the losing coach all class as he gave just rewards to Wisconsin. Just goes to show they have to play the game after all.

Stillriledup
04-05-2015, 09:03 PM
This is a great website, lots of articles that make you think.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/once-duke-won-kentucky-wasnt-favored-to-go-undefeated/

onefast99
04-06-2015, 10:12 AM
That was what I call "poetic justice" or "just Desserts" , when people run their mouths, its the curse of death. Kentucky can beat NBA teams, I had to chuckle and figured this would be the end result. The "Gomers" out there can stop a freight train. People that get paid as "experts" were saying this....they scored 64 in the biggest game of the season....college is in no way played like the pros, the worst team on a good night can score that in 24 minutes...........dream on and eat crow. I hope the game Monday is good but last night was par for the course....I'll take the Knicks and lay 25........ :lol:
What experts said this? It was discussed by Charles Barkley and a few other analysts were joking around with it but any real cbb analysts all agreed third string NBA teams could beat UK by 20.

onefast99
04-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Love those underdogs. Have to say the losing coach all class as he gave just rewards to Wisconsin. Just goes to show they have to play the game after all.
He shows a lot of class just ask the good folks at Memphis!

rastajenk
04-06-2015, 11:23 AM
What experts said this? Nobody really said this. It's just burnsy's way of congratulating himself for being right after the fact.

Many said this wasn't even Kentucky's best team in the last 6-7 years.

Grits
04-06-2015, 11:28 AM
For the poster here who wrote "Dortmund can't lose".

Remember one word. Kentucky.

jross0108
04-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Quote from Larry Brown on March 18th "I honestly believe Kentucky would make the NBA Playoffs in the East". Pretty strong statement from a coach that has experience at both levels.

rastajenk
04-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Not really; just the usual coach-speak hyperbole.

onefast99
04-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Quote from Larry Brown on March 18th "I honestly believe Kentucky would make the NBA Playoffs in the East". Pretty strong statement from a coach that has experience at both levels.
Yes because Larry said it then it must be Gospel. He has put his foot in his mouth many times, at both levels!

Saratoga_Mike
04-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Nobody really said this. It's just burnsy's way of congratulating himself for being right after the fact.

Many said this wasn't even Kentucky's best team in the last 6-7 years.

From the self-laudatory nature of his post, I assume Burnsy posted Wisconsin would upset KY pre-game, no?

Grits
04-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Yes because Larry said it then it must be Gospel. He has put his foot in his mouth many times, at both levels!

I don't watch basketball until the sweet sixteen rolls around. Not the rest of the season. Still, when I read the name, Larry Brown, I recall the one player my older brother idolized--Duke's Art Heyman. No one here would remember him, but he was great!! He just had temper issues. :lol: