PDA

View Full Version : NYRA video

jk3521
04-02-2015, 12:05 PM
I keep getting timed out while watching the NYRA video. Anyone have any suggestions to prevent this from happening ?

Spiderman
04-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I keep getting timed out while watching the NYRA video. Anyone have any suggestions to prevent this from happening ?

Are you referring to the nyrarewards website or NYRA? I use nyrarewards and usually get a pop-up message to either Extend or Logout. I do not use the NYRA website for video

jk3521
04-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Are you referring to the nyrarewards website or NYRA? I use nyrarewards and usually get a pop-up message to either Extend or Logout. I do not use the NYRA website for video
Yes, it is the NYRA Rewards site. Sometimes I miss the pop-up and was wondering if there is any way around it.

Predator35
04-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Yea, I have been having the same problem. Getting timed out about every 30 minutes or so. I emailed and asked them with no response, tried there twitter handle too. Nothing..

Canarsie
04-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Yea, I have been having the same problem. Getting timed out about every 30 minutes or so. I emailed and asked them with no response, tried there twitter handle too. Nothing..

They are just attempting to make sure someone on their opposite end is still watching and not wasting bandwidth. Since the site is free this doesn't feel like they are intruding on you. Youtube does the same thing with commercials which is far worse (they have an optional pay model is very selected beta) then asking if someone is on the other side.

They pay for bandwidth and maintenance and have a very nice updated website that I give six stars out of five. Here's their homepage lots of info right at your fingertips.

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/

If you were paying a bill and they timed you out after thirty minutes most would laud them for attempting to make their site as secure as possible. I know tvg times you out not sure about the exact time but I don't recall any complaints about it.

My two cents.

Spiderman
04-10-2015, 10:00 AM
They are just attempting to make sure someone on their opposite end is still watching and not wasting bandwidth. Since the site is free this doesn't feel like they are intruding on you. Youtube does the same thing with commercials which is far worse (they have an optional pay model is very selected beta) then asking if someone is on the other side.

They pay for bandwidth and maintenance and have a very nice updated website that I give six stars out of five. Here's their homepage lots of info right at your fingertips.

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/

If you were paying a bill and they timed you out after thirty minutes most would laud them for attempting to make their site as secure as possible. I know tvg times you out not sure about the exact time but I don't recall any complaints about it.

My two cents.

Canarsie, you referred me to the nyrarewars website, about 2-3 years ago. I use it to supplement my activity with tvg. Also, it is easier to login and watch the day's replays than with tvg

Canarsie
04-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Canarsie, you referred me to the nyrarewars website, about 2-3 years ago. I use it to supplement my activity with tvg. Also, it is easier to login and watch the day's replays than with tvg

First of all welcome back you always had interesting stuff to post. Hope all is well.

With my bad back my memory capacity had declined dramatically. If it's not too much trouble could you post the link?

I would be interested in your opinion of the new NYRA site. There are a bunch who love to criticize NYRA (sometimes rightfully so) but when they put up their cash and there are marked improvements (multiple times) most say nothing. There is so much info on the homepage without being intrusive. I have it on speed dial on my browsers (android) used for racing.