PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Sky

Bob S.
03-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Dubai Sky has won four straight race, including the Grade 3 Spiral Stakes, and is heading to Louisville to run in the Kentucky Derby. How will he perform on dirt?

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/03/30/can-dubai-sky-transfer-his-turfsynthetic-form-to-dirt-pedigree-analysis/

boys at tosconova
03-30-2015, 12:01 PM
i think dubai sky ran a great race in the spiral. dunno if it was because of the competition, but it was impressive on many levels

sbcaris
03-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Dubai Sky has several Derby angles going for him: He has the Raise A Native Sire Line, he has Buckpasser in the X passing position, he has the strong conduit mare, Nature, in tail-female.

One drawback: He has never raced on a dirt surface. Could be worth a wager if his odds are lucrative on Derby day. Is he similar to Animal Kingdom who never ran on dirt until winning the roses????

Parson
03-30-2015, 12:49 PM
I know the Spiral was not one of the "5" preps you use, but what were his times for the 3/8 and 1/8?

sbcaris
03-30-2015, 01:08 PM
Dubai Sky raced the last 3 furlongs in 38 1/5 and the last furlong in 13 2/5. However, because of the nature of polytracks being so different than a dirt track it is very difficult to compare times on the two surfaces. I only use the big 5 as major races for final fraction times in my angle. Handicappers must be flexible because some years the winner of the roses comes from another track (War Emblem -Illinois Derby, Mine That Bird -Sunland Derby etc.

Bob S.
04-01-2015, 04:03 AM
Keep in mind that Dubai sky was the only forward placed horse out of Conquest Typhoon, Royal Son and Wireless Future not to have weakened by race end.

letswastemoney
04-01-2015, 04:15 AM
I never bought this final fraction business.

Horses run fast or slow in the final fraction usually because they ran fast or slow in the opening half.

Sometimes the horse is slow in the final part because he can't handle the distance, but certainly not every horse.

BlueChip@DRF
04-01-2015, 02:58 PM
If someone in the 3rd generation was full European, I would give a harder look.

boys at tosconova
04-03-2015, 06:04 PM
every time i watch the spiral i like the horse more and more. i don't think people realize what an impressive race it. horse reminded me of a super charged animal kingdom/ill have another. to make those kinds of moves new to the surface...wow. i can only imagine how strong he'll be if he gets a good ride.

no way i'm not using him in all my exotics in the derby. i just hope he doesn't get post 1.

prolly get 20-30-1 on the horse as well

SecretAgentMan
04-03-2015, 06:14 PM
every time i watch the spiral i like the horse more and more. i don't think people realize what an impressive race it. horse reminded me of a super charged animal kingdom/ill have another. to make those kinds of moves new to the surface...wow. i can only imagine how strong he'll be if he gets a good ride.

no way i'm not using him in all my exotics in the derby. i just hope he doesn't get post 1.

prolly get 20-30-1 on the horse as well

Your assumption of him getting 20-30-1 on derby day is correct IMO.......I can't believe they bet him down to 8-1 in futures pool 4, that's just nuts.

I want to see how he works over Churchill first before deciding on this horse because the UAE derby horses have done terrible over the years in the KD.

SecretAgentMan
04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Forgot to mention, he also could be the wise guy choice, & if so, his odds will fall below 20-1

BlueChip@DRF
04-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Reminds me of Black Onyx, but Dubai Sky did not have to be pushed as much and was much more full of run.

letswastemoney
04-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Here was my evaluation (https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news/11846/dubai-sky-dazzling-at-every-point-in-spiral-win.html) of Dubai Sky's Spiral win.

Twirling Candy is a full sibling and won some graded stakes races on dirt. He just seemed a touch better on synthetic though.

f2tornado
04-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Your assumption of him getting 20-30-1 on derby day is correct IMO.......I can't believe they bet him down to 8-1 in futures pool 4, that's just nuts.

I want to see how he works over Churchill first before deciding on this horse because the UAE derby horses have done terrible over the years in the KD.

Dubai Sky, not Mubtaahij. Dubai Sky closed at 23-1 in DFW4.

I will definitely be using Dubai Sky in the exotics and quite possibly on top unless he is working like dung on the CD surface. He has more of my Derby handicapping angles going for him than any other horse at this point. Will pretty much have bets penciled in after Ark next week.

SecretAgentMan
04-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Dubai Sky, not Mubtaahij. Dubai Sky closed at 23-1 in DFW4.

I will definitely be using Dubai Sky in the exotics and quite possibly on top unless he is working like dung on the CD surface. He has more of my Derby handicapping angles going for him than any other horse at this point. Will pretty much have bets penciled in after Ark next week.

You're right, I was thinking of the wrong horse in the pool 4 closing.

SecretAgentMan
04-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Dubai.Sky had surgery this morning & is out for the rest of the year........