PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Camera Angles

FlintAtTheFetlock
03-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Curious if others are like me and do not like the moving camera angles we are seeing today at Dubai and recently on Breeders Cup day? I fear this will become the norm on big race days . I like traditional long range spans across the infield and down the stretch where you can sense who is moving on who, how much ground is being made up and how quickly, what holes are opening up.

I find this is often the case with technology where hot shot wiz kids think they have some great new approach and industry adopts until the next genius comes along with something new.

Just my two cents. Good Luck today everyone.

ArlJim78
03-28-2015, 12:38 PM
I like the long tracking shot from the truck, the main pan shot and the overheads.

I hate the ground level shot and that sweeping fast pan. your eye does not have time to make sense of any of it.
I prefer fewer cuts.

Rex Phinney
03-28-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm with you guys on this.

I feel like I'm blocked from seeing anything but the leader on the lo level shots.

So when you go to a race a track the most expensive seats are always a few levels up, but now we want to watch races from 4 feet off the ground???:bang:

MNslappy
03-28-2015, 10:33 PM
With you 100% OP, it's arguably even more annoying than same-colored saddle cloths for the entire field. Love the moving cameras and overhead shots when the race is over and they're replaying it, but I hate it live.

Greyfox
03-28-2015, 10:49 PM
With you 100% OP, it's arguably even more annoying than same-colored saddle cloths for the entire field.

Me too.

Some_One
03-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Curious if others are like me and do not like the moving camera angles we are seeing today at Dubai and recently on Breeders Cup day? I fear this will become the norm on big race days . I like traditional long range spans across the infield and down the stretch where you can sense who is moving on who, how much ground is being made up and how quickly, what holes are opening up.

I find this is often the case with technology where hot shot wiz kids think they have some great new approach and industry adopts until the next genius comes along with something new.

Just my two cents. Good Luck today everyone.

This is the standard in Europe as they don't use cookie cutter mile ovals there.