PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Live!: Sat., March 28

Teach
03-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Greeting from snowy Eastern Massachusetts. Still about a foot or two of snow on the ground. Thankfully, today, not sticking to paved surfaces. As usual around here: winter to summer.

Nine-race card at "The Big A". I'm gonna to look at each race, one by one, as they come up. For one, not sure how the track is going to play.

Race One:

In order of my preference, I'm leaning toward :2: Relax. The Jimmy Jerkens trainee received attention in his second start in this company. He went off at about 7-to-2. Trouble line says "steadied". Angel Arroyo reprises ride. Solid pedigree: Mr. Prospector et al. Cleaner trip.

:5: Planar makes late-blooming first start. Purchased for 90k as a yearling. Chad Brown trainee. What catches my attention is solid work: :48 for four panels, breezing from the gate. I repeat..."from the gate". This horse might just be "on the engine". Surprise. Who knows?

:6: Avalanche Girl looks logical; yet my belief is that this filly is better suited for going long. At least seven panels, maybe a route. Just needs more real estate to get into gear. That doesn't mean she doesn't hit the tote. Solid chance of that happening.

:1: Revolve draws the rail. I must admit that concerns me with first-time starters. Might she take a left turn and compromise any chance of winning? Not sure. Erring on the side of caution. If she does get away cleanly, could contend.

The last two, :3: Susie's a Cowgirl and :4: Jitai seem remote. Yet more often than not one of those type of horses finishes fourth in a super. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Teach
03-28-2015, 01:16 PM
:1: looks "green" out there. That doesn't mean he can't do something. Just an observation.