PDA

View Full Version : Mubtaahij

RunForTheRoses
03-28-2015, 10:10 AM
Don't know what he beat in the UAE Derby but he looked very impressive. I know history isn't on his side and that ship is tough (and I probably wouldn't bet him) but...

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/trainer-mike-de-kock-plotting-ky-derby-route-with-talented-mubtaahij/

SecretAgentMan
03-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Don't know what he beat in the UAE Derby but he looked very impressive. I know history isn't on his side and that ship is tough (and I probably wouldn't bet him) but...

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/trainer-mike-de-kock-plotting-ky-derby-route-with-talented-mubtaahij/

This horse is throwing a wrench into my capping of him in the derby. I think we will see one day a UAE horse win the roses, I hope it's not this year......but this horses times haven't been good tho in his past races, then again, Animal Kingdoms Spiral time was one of the slowest ever, so.......

thespaah
03-30-2015, 11:28 PM
While the performance of Mubtaahij was quite impressive, my concern is the travel.
As soon as the race was over I watched as much of the gallop out as the camera angle allowed. The horse looked good out and up.
As I am watching post race commentary and interviews of the connections, the trainer saying "we're going to Kentucky", I began thinking "yeah, this one has the goods. But how much will the travel take from the horse. Will he be fit and fresh come May 2nd....And the 19th"....

ReplayRandall
03-30-2015, 11:31 PM
While the performance of Mubtaahij was quite impressive, my concern is the travel.
As soon as the race was over I watched as much of the gallop out as the camera angle allowed. The horse looked good out and up.
As I am watching post race commentary and interviews of the connections, the trainer saying "we're going to Kentucky", I began thinking "yeah, this one has the goods. But how much will the travel take from the horse. Will he be fit and fresh come May 2nd....And the 19th"....
What happens on the 19th?

Sinner369
03-31-2015, 02:48 AM

I have to concur after watching the replay of the UAE Derby. Mubtaahij looks like the race did not take too much out of him. And the horse has an perfect stalking position style to be able to win the Kentucky Derby.

He has over a month to rest and workout before the Derby so the travel should not take too much out of the horse.

Mubtaahij must be considered one of the top conrenders for the KD.

ArlJim78
03-31-2015, 07:59 AM
The estimate is a 95 Beyer for Mubtaahij

SecretAgentMan
03-31-2015, 01:19 PM
This horse has a lot going for him. He resembles a derby winner, but I won't be playing him to win. He will be in my exotics tho.......

spiketoo
04-01-2015, 12:41 PM
From what I've seen to date, he's my win bet.

We'll see what transpires over the next month.

Secondbest
04-01-2015, 01:55 PM
As a Fairly unknown horse. He Should be put in all exotics top and botttom because we just don't know what he is. :confused: