PDA

View Full Version : Private Emails Reveal Ex-Clinton Aide’s Secret Spy Network

DJofSD
03-27-2015, 08:36 PM
http://www.propublica.org/article/private-emails-reveal-ex-clinton-aides-secret-spy-network

Starting weeks before Islamic militants attacked the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya, longtime Clinton family confidante Sidney Blumenthal supplied intelligence to then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gathered by a secret network that included a former CIA clandestine service officer, according to hacked emails from Blumenthal’s account.

One memo was sent on August 23, 2012, less than three weeks before Islamic militants stormed the diplomatic outpost in Benghazi. It cites “an extremely sensitive source” who highlighted a string of bombings and kidnappings of foreign diplomats and aid workers in Tripoli, Benghazi and Misrata, suggesting they were the work of people loyal to late Libyan Prime Minister Muammar Gaddafi.

While the memo doesn’t rise to the level of a warning about the safety of U.S. diplomats, it portrays a deteriorating security climate. Clinton noted a few days after the Benghazi attack, which left four dead and 10 people injured, that U.S. intelligence officials didn’t have advance knowledge of the threat.

On September 12, 2012, the day after the Benghazi attack, Blumenthal sent a memo that cited a “sensitive source” saying that the interim Libyan president, Mohammed Yussef el Magariaf, was told by a senior security officer that the assault was inspired by an anti-Muslim video made in the U.S., as well as by allegations from Magariaf’s political opponents that he had CIA ties.

Some one cue the fat lady.

RunForTheRoses
03-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Some of these hackers do some real good work. If not for them it would be down the memory hole.

So, we know Cruz is terrible but if Hillary bites the dust (not saying she will because there are many sycophants out there) who do the Dems put up?

JustRalph
03-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Some of these hackers do some real good work. If not for them it would be down the memory hole.

So, we know Cruz is terrible but if Hillary bites the dust (not saying she will because there are many sycophants out there) who do the Dems put up?

Speak for yourself

Not a damn thing wrong with Cruz

I haven't found much I disagree with when it comes to Cruz

RunForTheRoses
03-28-2015, 01:06 AM
Speak for yourself

Not a damn thing wrong with Cruz

I haven't found much I disagree with when it comes to Cruz

I like Cruz, I started the Cruz in 2016 thread. I was being facetious as there were so many naysayers left and right there.