PDA

View Full Version : CBS chief Moonves is a racing handicapper!!

andicap
05-20-2004, 09:55 AM
(Yes, I'm on deadline and procrastinating)

At yesterday's presentation to advertisers introducing its new fall shows at Carnegie Hall, CBS TV head Leslie Moonves made a horse racing handicapping metaphor that I thought people would find funny, especially Karl and Ranchwest
-------------------------------

The star of Wednesday afternoon's program was really Moonves himself, who, if he didn't spend as much time on stage as his rival Zucker--who was master of ceremonies for most of the two-and-a-half-hour NBC event at Radio City Music Hall--gave the hard sell as to why CBS was the place to spend money. He compared CBS to a horse that is a sure thing and said that the other networks weren't, no matter what they said.
"What good is getting a good price on a horse you know is going to lose?" he asked.

------------------------------------------------------

But Les, does that mean CBS is 1-5 and everyone else is just 10-1 and above. Or are you an adherent of Steve Fierro who says if one horse figures to be 3-2 or above in your odds line, longshots in the race are false overlays??

:D

Kappa
05-20-2004, 11:56 AM
I think I have a new tagline ..."What good is getting a good price on a horse you know is going to lose".

Thanks

BeatTheChalk
05-20-2004, 11:59 AM
You may like this one .. in the same general "" genre "" ...

"All of the Insurance in the World....wont do you any good...if
you can't pay the premiums ..."

kenwoodallpromos
05-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I thought CBS was the network for 4+ups non-winners of 1 and those that should be retired to the pasture.

andicap
05-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
I thought CBS was the network for 4+ups non-winners of 1 and those that should be retired to the pasture.

More like 7-year-old geldings.

Fox is for young sassy colts and fillies who do whatever they want.

NBC is the classy 3-5 yr olds. along with the high-priced horses who never broke their maidens or are racing at Sunland Park.

ABC are the cheap claimers in the 3-5 yr range.

UPN is everyone at say, Beulah Park or Blue Ribbon Downs.

WB is like Fox, but at Hawthorne instead of Churchill and Belmont.