PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping Seminar at Mahoning Valley

rrpic6
03-25-2015, 05:34 PM
I'll be the guest host this Saturday March 28 for the Handicapping Seminar to be held on the 2nd level Simulcast area at MVRC. Its from 11:30 Am to 12:15. I'll be joinging Track Announcer John McGary and longtime Horseracing Sportswriter Bob "Railbird" Roberts. If you are in the Youngstown area this weekend, I hope you can make it.

RR

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 05:59 PM
I'll be the guest host this Saturday March 28 for the Handicapping Seminar to be held on the 2nd level Simulcast area at MVRC. Its from 11:30 Am to 12:15. I'll be joinging Track Announcer John McGary and longtime Horseracing Sportswriter Bob "Railbird" Roberts. If you are in the Youngstown area this weekend, I hope you can make it.

RR

If you see Bo Pelini, can you punch him in the face? :)

Great stuff rrpic6. Always enjoy reading your MVRC selections.

Will there be a podcast that the rest of us can enjoy outside of the Youngstown area?

rrpic6
03-25-2015, 06:50 PM
No love for Bo? YSU fans grew tired of the annual November foldo by his predecessor. Sorry no podcast. The big boss AKA Mark Loewe did say he would have someone film it so he could critique me, as he will be out of town Saturday. Joking of course. Looks like a nice 75K Stakes on the card too.

RR

PIC6SIX
03-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Bob Randazo has not been in print with selections since he and the Plain Dealer parted ways. He is a nice guy and I am sure you and he will have some fun bantering over pics.

rrpic6
03-26-2015, 03:23 AM
"Railbird" was hired by the Youngstown Vindicator when MVRC opened. He writes 4 days a week. His articles are similar to ones he wrote for the Plain Dealer, including mythological wagers. I've just spoken to him in passing, but caught part of a previous seminar there. He does like to tell stories from days gone by. I'm sure he could fill 3 hours let alone 45 minutes.

RR