PDA

View Full Version : What's More Significant Money?

Tara73
03-25-2015, 01:49 AM
What's more significant when viewing will pays? Money bet in the win pool or money bet in the exotics? I think we have to consider small and large handle.

Hoofless_Wonder
03-25-2015, 02:49 AM
What's more significant when viewing will pays? Money bet in the win pool or money bet in the exotics? I think we have to consider small and large handle.

I think you also need to include venue, unless that's what you mean by small and large handle.

Dog racing is all about the tris and supers, with the win pools being very small.

Some harness and medium smaller tracks tend to have larger exacta pools, but connections that bet their own horse can tilt the win pool.

The largest venues tend to provide insight from both win and exotic pools, especially with certain combinations like heavy favorites on top in exactas or in the first half of the doubles. Interestingly, in Hong Kong the quienella place pools are huge for a bet that's not popular here in NA.

It seems that the late steam money tends to be in the win pools, where there's less risk with needing just one horse to get there....