PDA

View Full Version : Soylent Black, anyone?

Clocker
03-24-2015, 10:50 PM
In their eternal struggle to identify, own and control new social crises, some moonbats have come up with the latest defining issue of our time: the world is running out of burial grounds. The solution, of course, is eco-friendly: composting.

The problem of what to do with the bodies of our deceased will mushroom rapidly as the baby boom generation ages. And why should country dwellers be the only ones who can return their loved ones' bodies to the earth in a personal, gentle way?

The Urban Death Project is developing a new option which may appeal to those among us who want to minimize environmental harm and give something back to the earth when we die. It is a system designed for urban settings in which human bodies are transformed into a soil-enriching substance. This choice can also provide a deeply spiritual element for those who see something sacred in the cycles of life and the processes of decomposition and regeneration.

Brilliant. Not only do the libs not consume any more precious of Mother Earth's precious land for their final resting place, they can ease their guilt and atone for their sins against nature, such as driving SUVs to green rallies or owning mansions that consume more energy than a strip mall, by improving the actual earth itself.

This may be an elaborate spoof, but it appears to be real. The story was in the HuffPo, which takes Mother Earth seriously.

http://www.urbandeathproject.org/

johnhannibalsmith
03-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Hell, I'd do it. Makes as much sense as putting it in a box or a dish.

Clocker
03-24-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm a knee-jerk rebel against doing anything that is politically correct, and I certainly don't like the idea of aiding the cultivation of food that Michelle Obama would approve of (for other people).

I want to be cremated and have my ashes tossed on the home stretch of some minor track where the cheap claimers can continue to pound me into the ground, just like in real life. :p

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2015, 12:13 AM
Did you know that you can donate your body to science and have your organs harvested (not for transplant), the remainder cremated, then returned to your relatives. All this is at no cost.

http://www.sciencecare.com/

Hoofless_Wonder
03-25-2015, 01:57 AM
Did you know that you can donate your body to science and have your organs harvested (not for transplant), the remainder cremated, then returned to your relatives. All this is at no cost.

http://www.sciencecare.com/

Dave, that's a good idea, but doesn't that assume the organs must be in decent working condition?

Being, old, broken down and not earning my feed bill, something tells me there's a rendering plant in my future....soylent black, indeed..... :D

iceknight
03-25-2015, 04:00 AM

I want to be cremated and have my ashes tossed on the home stretch of some minor track where the cheap claimers can continue to pound me into the ground, just like in real life. :p :ThmbUp: :) Nice one! I am trying to save up money to buy a ticket on Mars One (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3004338/Mars-One-not-scam-red-planet-CEO-Bas-Lansdorp-insists.html)

Steve 'StatMan'
03-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Great. Soon one can be composted and used to fertilize ground used for plants and food. Gives new meaning to the term "Eat Me."

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Dave, that's a good idea, but doesn't that assume the organs must be in decent working condition?

No. From what I understand, although many diseased organs are tossed aside, even they have teaching value.

Understand that the ashes that come back are... well, let's just say that the box will be the heaviest part of the package.

The point is that those who want to avoid spending thousands on the process, it is a viable alternative.

My mother-in-law had this in place. She handed us a card that says, "Call this number to set things in motion." They come to the hospital in just a few hours, pick up the body, ship it to wherever, and the ashes come back.

Truthfully, it really eased the burden of the time.

therussmeister
03-25-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't care what they do with me after I die as I won't be there, but if I were forced to choose, I would ask that my corpse be donated to the body farm.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/body-farm.htm

Steve 'StatMan'
03-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Green Acres is the place to be.....

GaryG
03-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Wherever it is located it will bring down property values, especially those down wind. Imagine what kind of freaks they would get for caretakers....:eek:

Tom
03-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Wherever it is located it will bring down property values, especially those down wind. Imagine what kind of freaks they would get for caretakers....:eek:

reckless
03-25-2015, 01:37 PM

What all this sounds like to me is that there's at least three more years of Law and Order episodes in the making.