PDA

View Full Version : UAE Derby

ten2oneormore
03-24-2015, 02:03 PM
1-Mubtaahij - de Kock/Soumillion (Current fave couldn't have drew worse)

2-Motaa - B Al Shalbani/J Lezcano (First of two from Top Saudi Trainer)

3-Alnajem Alfaiz - B Al Shalbani/M Barzalona (Beat Motaa by 4 lengths last out at 8f.Both may be out of their league here)

4-Sir Fever - C Appleby/William Buick(10 wins and a 2nd from 11 starts..Good play against at around 5-1 as Appleby barn in a rut)

5-Faithful Creek - B Meehan/Kieren Fallon(Question mark trying dirt for first time while adding blinkers)

6-Tap That - Y Ikee/J Moreira(Big price on a horse with magic man Joao Moreira in saddle.Biggest price of 3 Japan has entered)

7-Golden Barrows - N Hori/Ryan Moore(Likely 2nd choice and top Japan horse is by Tapit out of Mother Russia*. Hasn't been tested much and could find himself with too much to do if taken to the rear)

8-My Johnny Be Good - E Harty/V Espinoza(Seems like a desperation move by Harty just hoping to hit the board. Which would likely be enough points to make derby field.)

9-Maftool - S Bin Suroor/P Hanagan(Bin Suroor is high on this horse and so am I.Candidate for best bet on card but won't know until they draw the big races Wednesday.Right now is 3rd choice in the betting)

10-Dear Domus - Y Takahashi/K Mura(Last of the Japan horses who are the keys to this race. Are they a notch above or below the locals?)

*The same Broodmare who combined with Union Rags last year to produce a giant colt under dire circumstances.One to look for on the trail in 2016 if all goes well.

SecretAgentMan
03-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Good luck betting this race to everyone, I'm staying far away.

nads1420
03-24-2015, 08:27 PM
what is the post time on this race?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-24-2015, 08:46 PM
what is the post time on this race?

Posted at 10:25 AM EST last year.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/race/2014_UAE_Derby

nads1420
03-24-2015, 09:27 PM
just watched some races of Mubtaahij and i gotta that is a pretty solid looking horse.

Tall One
03-24-2015, 10:07 PM
Good luck betting this race to everyone, I'm staying far away.

They're in Dubai...how much further away you want to get? :D

I'll throw a few bucks on the card..pretty wild they get that turnout for the races and not be able to bet. Looking forward to the pp draw.

horses4courses
03-24-2015, 10:19 PM

I'll throw a few bucks on the card..pretty wild they get that turnout for the races and not be able to bet. Looking forward to the pp draw.

Me too.
I'll probably play a few PK3s for low stakes.
Find a couple of keys, or two horse legs, and spread some in other races.

Bennie
03-24-2015, 10:44 PM
for those interested, I just looked at the schedule for the Meadowlands and they are showing gates open at 8:30 and the first race at Dubai is for 8:40.
That is eastern time. Those farther West have to get up early. I think the race for Mubtaahij is the 3rd which should be around 10:00 eastern.
I always play a few when pools are only win/place and you get part of the place pool if you run third.

SecretAgentMan
03-25-2015, 01:38 AM

Haha, good luck man.......I will wake up & watch the races on Tvg just for fun.

Start time is 8:30am thru 1:30pm.....

I believe they're back to dirt over there from poly.

nads1420
03-25-2015, 07:33 AM

they arent allowed to bet? thats crazy

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Me too.
I'll probably play a few PK3s for low stakes.
Find a couple of keys, or two horse legs, and spread some in other races.

Pick 3?

I'm just hoping to hit a pick 1.

Bennie
03-25-2015, 05:48 PM
nads1420 - there is no pari-mutuel wagering, that's not to say they don't make personal wagers amongst themselves. Besides we don't want their money in the pools. Not that I wouldn't enjoy "taking" some of their money, but the Sheiks would probably be throwing millions into the pools and killing any odds you might get. Would make for some interesting show pools though. Bridge jumpers would love it.

ten2oneormore
03-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Mubtaahij on to Kentucky for de Kock/Soumillion after crushing the UAE Derby field in hand.

horses4courses
03-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Mubtaahij on to Kentucky for de Kock/Soumillion after crushing the UAE Derby field in hand.

Horse has little chance of winning at Churchill, imo.
Yet to see a really good 3yo on the dirt from there.

SecretAgentMan
03-28-2015, 12:03 PM
I wish Mubtaahij didn't win, but he did, & won impressively, & now throws a wrench into the KD for me because we know that UAR horses have done terrible in the past, they're due for a KD win.

I hope they scratch him KD day, I don't know how to cap this horse.

f2tornado
03-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Final time of 1:58.35. Not sure how that surface compares to CD but if on par then might be a second or two too slow if you figure at least another six seconds for another 1/16th.

lamboguy
03-28-2015, 02:01 PM
CHROME ran as big a race as you can run and still lost. after watching the race replay 15 times already, i couldn't figure out a different way for him to go. the 3 horse kept him wide and he must have blown about 10 lengths running wide around those 2 turns.

SecretAgentMan
03-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Final time of 1:58.35. Not sure how that surface compares to CD but if on par then might be a second or two too slow if you figure at least another six seconds for another 1/16th.

Yes, I believe his final 1/8 fractions were a bit slow. I just dont like those horses from over there, i dobt know how to cap them for the KD.

Bennie
03-28-2015, 05:16 PM
I read somewhere yesterday that the track has been playing to early runners but was also tiring. Not sure how this will play out as far as pace figures , beyers or other race ratings.

horses4courses
03-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Yes, I believe his final 1/8 fractions were a bit slow. I just dont like those horses from over there, i dobt know how to cap them for the KD.

When you see a "push button" dirt runner from over there,
who runs good fractions with ease, and beats reasonable
horses for fun, then they may have a live one.

We haven't seen that type of 3yo in the UAE Derby up to now,
and I doubt that we did today.

Some day they might have one.
Chances are, it will be from Godolphin, or Coolmore.

Some_One
03-28-2015, 06:01 PM

UAE Derby 6f leaders split 74.31 - finish 118.353
DWC 6f leaders split 72.77 - finish 123.241

The big variable is the sun, the UAE Derby was run under it, the DWC wasn't. In both races the early pace seemed similarity frantic so it's a tough call.

ten2oneormore
03-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Big day for Dubawi as a sire taking UAE Derby and Dubai World Cup.

nearco
03-28-2015, 10:28 PM

Races in Dubai, like pretty much everywhere outside of North America, are timed from a standing start, i.e no run-up. So take a couple of seconds off that.

f2tornado
03-28-2015, 11:49 PM
Races in Dubai, like pretty much everywhere outside of North America, are timed from a standing start, i.e no run-up. So take a couple of seconds off that.

Good point. Perhaps a wash as I failed to do some metric conversion. The race was 1900 meters which is 1.1800 miles. A 1 3/8 mile race is 1.1875 miles in decimal notation. That 0.0075 mile difference might seem negligible but it is almost 40 feet shorter than a true 1 3/8 mile race. That's five lengths or roughly a second needed to be tacked on the final time for a true comparison to a 1 3/16 mile race. At this point I'm not using the horse anyway. It got bet down to 8-1 in the Future Wager and there is no handicapping angle to go on other than it was a pretty finish. Will likely get better odds Derby day should I be inclined to utilize then.

nads1420
03-29-2015, 01:06 PM

well said, thats the biggest problem either you toss them and let them stick it to ya or you use them and let them stick it to ya. very hard to determine how good they really are.