PDA

View Full Version : Nitro’s Live Selections Terminated

Nitro
03-24-2015, 02:14 AM
Hey there guys! I just wanted to let you know that I’ve decided to move on. I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a few fantasy horse players on one of the other PA forums. You know the guys who clutter those forums with fairy tales and then pat each other on the back after making ludicrous commentary about incredible success. Funny thing is when I mentioned something about sharing the information before the races and maybe gaining real credibility, all I got was a series of excuses that it was too difficult to post pre-race selections. You can take that for what its worth! Obviously making real selections is foreign to them and would in all likelihood expose them. You might also wonder how they actually play the game to begin with.

I suppose that’s about par for the course because I later realized that the majority of these guys never do post any selections. But if you’ve ever read some of their posts you’d thing they might actually be proficient handicappers. Again, it’s really all smoke and mirrors.

Yet the straw that broke the camel’s back was the attitude taken by PA himself. First of all by closing the thread and preventing me from making any form of rebuttal, and then by making a pathetically immature personal comment. And he’s supposed to be in charge around here? Well as far as I’m concerned there are just too many distractions like these here for me anyway. I may seem selfish, but I value my time and money and I don’t have the inclination to deal with this nonsense.

Otherwise it’s been fun and good luck to you all! :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
03-24-2015, 02:49 AM
Nitro, sorry to see you go....Most of the time I enjoy your posts and insights into this game of ours....And most times I, and I truly believe that most of the savvy enough players here at PA would also agree with most, if not all of what you said...I just think that in this case, the guy was just giddy with his incredible luck, is all....So, if you disagreed probability-wise, probably all you could or perhaps should have done was chuckled and just watch the thing just go bye...

Perhaps, in this case at least, you may not be as thick skinned as you think if that is what it takes to get you to abandon ship....I for one, sincerely hope you reconsider your decision..

lamboguy
03-24-2015, 08:44 AM
sorry to lose Nitro, he has been a great poster and has helped immensely with Hong Kong racing, i really can't thank him enough. i liked him because he wasn't a complainer when it came to bad beats and never made excuses.

he will be missed and i certainly hope that things remain bright ahead for him.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Good riddance to anyone who takes pleasure in raining on another's parade.

I wouldn't trust anyone who is clearly so blinded by such a force of mistrust.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Yet the straw that broke the camel’s back was the attitude taken by PA himself. First of all by closing the thread and preventing me from making any form of rebuttal, and then by making a pathetically immature personal comment. And he’s supposed to be in charge around here? Well as far as I’m concerned there are just too many distractions like these here for me anyway. I may seem selfish, but I value my time and money and I don’t have the inclination to deal with this nonsense.The thread has been reopened for many hours now...and guess what? NOBODY has yet to say you were correct with your ridiculous comments.

Greyfox
03-24-2015, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't trust anyone who is clearly so blinded by such a force of mistrust.

Hmm? Not trusting someone because he is not trusting? Hmm? :D

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Hmm? Not trusting someone because they are not trusting? Hmm? :DExactly. Classic projection on his part.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2015, 10:25 AM
I've looked over some of Nitro's recent threads...what's his overall record? His overall ROI on posted picks?

I assume he's awesome, because he seems to take a lot of pride in his selections, but I don't see where he is keeping track of his overall performance.

Surely someone so critical of others who dare describe a winning day at the track without posting their picks beforehand has enough guts to keep track of his own picks over time...I'm going to assume I missed the thread where he provides a recap...anyone have a link?

MYKE
03-24-2015, 12:06 PM
I've looked over some of Nitro's recent threads...what's his overall record? His overall ROI on posted picks?

I assume he's awesome, because he seems to take a lot of pride in his selections, but I don't see where he is keeping track of his overall performance.

Surely someone so critical of others who dare describe a winning day at the track without posting their picks beforehand has enough guts to keep track of his own picks over time...I'm going to assume I missed the thread where he provides a recap...anyone have a link?

I don't understand why Nitro needs all this information. He is not selling it but giving good information that anyone can do what they wish. Use it or pass it up, Nitro is only guilty of trying to help other horseplayers. Why judge Nitro?

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't understand why Nitro needs all this information. He is not selling it but giving good information that anyone can do what they wish. Use it or pass it up, Nitro is only guilty of trying to help other horseplayers. Why judge Nitro?Because he chose to judge someone here.

thaskalos
03-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Because he chose to judge someone here.
As boxcar says..."judge not, lest ye too be judged". :ThmbUp:

Hoofless_Wonder
03-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Nitro, in the event you lurk and read this thread, my advice for you would be to consider taking a reading for comprehension course. I don't mean that totally as a sarcastic insult, but if you seriously believe that Salty's post was in ANY way fraudulent, then that certainly casts some serious doubt on your character, and your intelligence.

When I first started to read your post in Salty's thread, I thought you were starting off with a sarcastic tone, as anyone who claims to experience an usual big win, winning streak, or abnormally high ROI is run roughshod by other posters quickly - and often needlessly. What difference does it make if someone redboards anyway? But no, your response went on to be a serious smack-down on Salty.

Granted, I can see how you might take exception to his claims, as one who regularly posts selections - and often darn good selections. But if you stopped to realize that the motivation behind your posts in selections, and Salty's post in the handicapping thread are VASTLY different, you'd maybe begin to understand it's not ALWAYS all about picking winners - the journey is part of it too, both through the lows and the highs.

Surely you have picked 7 winners in a row before, or hit a $5K tri, and just wanted to bust and tell the world?

Some of us will miss your Hong Kong threads. But your "gonna take my ball and go home " attitude speaks volumes about you......and not in a good way.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 12:25 AM
This is all BS.

I mean seriously, Nitro made a post that not many people liked.

Who hasn't?

The guy is a solid member of this board and I'll be saddened if he really does leave.

How about we give the guy a break before a complete vilification of a single post that he made?

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2015, 11:03 AM
He wasn't banned you know...he's free to post at will...he took himself out...if you can dish it out but can't take it - here - then good luck at the windows... :faint:

MYKE
03-25-2015, 11:34 AM
I wish Nitro to keep posting. I thought of him the best handicapper on the site that I followed.

Nitro and i have something in common born in October.....

Nitro, if you leave please take me with you it's all about the Presidents

Alwaysonpoint36
03-25-2015, 12:30 PM
This is all BS.

I mean seriously, Nitro made a post that not many people liked.

Who hasn't?

The guy is a solid member of this board and I'll be saddened if he really does leave.

How about we give the guy a break before a complete vilification of a single post that he made?

Eh, his threads were fun but he was feeling himself a little much. Like he was pissed people gave Salty a few attaboys. Smh

Solid handicapper? I dunno. It was fun but cmon, 5 horses picked at 5 min the post each race with no consistent structure?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Eh, his threads were fun but he was feeling himself a little much. Like he was pissed people gave Salty a few attaboys. Smh

Solid handicapper? I dunno. It was fun but cmon, 5 horses picked at 5 min the post each race with no consistent structure?

Not sure about that.

The structure was pretty simple. 2 chalks on top with the 3 next in line on the bottom and maybe a shot or two thrown in every now and then.

I've done the 2 over 3 structure in Exactas at the big tracks in big fields and it hits a ton more often than anyone would believe. Sorry, I don't have the numbers, but I'd guess it to be somewhere around 25-30%.

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Nitro should start his own picks service.

maskedmagician
03-25-2015, 02:32 PM
using $2 as a base

Exa...
two key horses With the same two horses and three others = $16

reverse = $16

Triactor...
same format as above cost.......$48 each way so that's $48 times 3 =$144

Super..
same format........$96 each way so that's $96 times 4 =$384

Then win on each top selection.......that's $2 times 2 =$4

That's alot of dough to cover those 5 horses with that format.....just sayin

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 03:33 PM
using $2 as a base

Exa...
two key horses With the same two horses and three others = $16

reverse = $16

Triactor...
same format as above cost.......$48 each way so that's $48 times 3 =$144

Super..
same format........$96 each way so that's $96 times 4 =$384

Then win on each top selection.......that's $2 times 2 =$4

That's alot of dough to cover those 5 horses with that format.....just sayin

Are you trying to say you don't wager $600 a race to win $100?

As for the 2/3 format. Do just that. 2 chalks overy the next 3 in an Exact without including the 2 chalks on the bottom.

maskedmagician
03-25-2015, 03:42 PM
;) lemon

MYKE
03-25-2015, 03:58 PM
I know a player who wins 9 out of 10 trips to the track.

He boxes 5 horses in a 10 cent super 12 bucks and a 5 horse box in a 50 cent trifecta 30 bucks...

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Tell him to come here and tell us a story about it...then watch how Nitro destroys him... :lol:

Alwaysonpoint36
03-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Not sure about that.

The structure was pretty simple. 2 chalks on top with the 3 next in line on the bottom and maybe a shot or two thrown in every now and then.

I've done the 2 over 3 structure in Exactas at the big tracks in big fields and it hits a ton more often than anyone would believe. Sorry, I don't have the numbers, but I'd guess it to be somewhere around 25-30%.

I'm familiar with how he posted his picks :lol: I meant what's the bet structure. You say key them, yet when they would come out super box or ex box he'd post the payout as if it were intended that way. Roi for boxing them as triples or supers would be outrageously negative. Just saying.

Listen if you made money off it, that's swell and I'm happy for that. His dynamic was misleading at best and he was called out on it a few times.

Ultimately, if he's gone he's gone. Childish reasoning at best.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Tell him to come here and tell us a story about it...then watch how Nitro destroys him... :lol:

I think we all need a group hug..

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=B114US105D20150202&p=i+can+see+clearly+now+the+rain+is+gone

Alwaysonpoint36
03-25-2015, 04:24 PM

:lol: :lol:

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm familiar with how he posted his picks :lol: I meant what's the bet structure. You say key them, yet when they would come out super box or ex box he'd post the payout as if it were intended that way. Roi for boxing them as triples or supers would be outrageously negative. Just saying.

Listen if you made money off it, that's swell and I'm happy for that. His dynamic was misleading at best and he was called out on it a few times.

Ultimately, if he's gone he's gone. Childish reasoning at best.

Hey. I get it. We all get it.

I just like that he was willing to post something. Anything. Before a post of a race. Not many do that on here.