PDA

View Full Version : Bastion of Liberalism ignores their moral obligation

JustRalph
03-23-2015, 02:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/23/opinions/sutter-apple-google-poverty/index.html

Moral?

GaryG
03-23-2015, 04:43 PM
I guess those who have anything are obligated to share it with everyone.

To quote Roger Waters:
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit

HUSKER55
03-23-2015, 05:50 PM
if silicon valley isn't hiring then take your skills else where. It is not the companies fault that the employees want to work. The workers are productive and no new help is needed.

Rents are high because those people don't want those who do not work around. Again,...move on.

Tom
03-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Someone used the words moral and lib in the same post? :eek:

Let's just skip down to the bottom line - if the libs want take the moral high ground and re-distribute the wealth, I will suggest that one single dollar would go to ANYONE in the US. ALL of it would have to to Africa, India, China, South America.....but that is not part of their plan is it, now?

JustRalph
03-23-2015, 11:06 PM
I think Silicon Valley is a unique place. It is the poster child for separate America's. This country is no longer one and has not been for a long time.

We are at least four different countries and possibly five. We grow more apart each day. This article isn't about plain old gentrification. This is gentrification on steroids.

The four or five countries that make up the United States share very few goals, common causes are few and far between. The residents of Silicon Valley have absolutely nothing in common with the natives. But this super-gentrification is a wholesale steamrolling of an entire region heretofore unseen in our country. Unless you count the American Indian.

I believe in a theory of inevitable occupation and conquest. It pertains to situations like the American Indians being displaced. Proven and replayed it simply means one more developed group inevitably will conquer their lesser peers.

Does this apply in an economic context? I'll have to think about that......