PDA

View Full Version : PA posters who are "MIA" (RIP SRU)

Pages : [1] 2

Stillriledup
03-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Posters who have posted very little recently or not at all:

CJ
The Little Guy
Whiffleball Whizz
EDM4ME

Anyone else?

These 4 posters have probably less than 10 posts between them in the last week or so.

Are you guys alive? :D

badcompany
03-21-2015, 06:01 PM
I saw Andy on TV the other day. :)

OTM Al
03-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Some people have lives.

Tom
03-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Goren has been gone, but I did see one post by him the other day, so he must be ok. That's good news.

JustRalph
03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
CJ is tweeting, and probably busy as hell making numbers ......

thaskalos
03-21-2015, 08:23 PM
I haven't seen Robert Fischer posting lately...and he has reported that he has been facing serious health problems. I hope everything is OK...

Dave Schwartz
03-21-2015, 08:31 PM
I'll tell you who I went looking for the other day was Swope.

Does anyone know anything about Chuck Swope of Las Vegas? I'd say it has been years since he has posted and I fear the worst.

banacek
03-21-2015, 08:31 PM
SRU?? Hasn't posted in the last 10 minutes!

Tall One
03-21-2015, 08:35 PM
SRU?? Hasn't posted in the last 10 minutes!

At least in this thread...I understand it's open season at Woodbine as well as wherever McGary will be announcing.. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
03-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Goren has been gone, but I did see one post by him the other day, so he must be ok. That's good news.Was in rehab again. been back at assisted living for a week. my desktop died, so I am using a 10 year laptop. just trying to get back to normal right now.

Grits
03-21-2015, 10:56 PM
I haven't seen Robert Fischer posting lately...and he has reported that he has been facing serious health problems. I hope everything is OK...

He hasn't been here, and yes, I recall he does have some very serious health problems.

EMD4ME? ... Thask, I just read his post in your thread. His mother was injured--critically so--5 days ago. Its a miracle, remarkable that she is still alive and fighting.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121201&page=2&pp=15

Godspeed... EMD. Prayers for your dear mom, your ailing aunt, and for you.

Take care of yourself.

mostpost
03-22-2015, 12:11 AM

Does anyone know anything about Chuck Swope of Las Vegas? I'd say it has been years since he has posted and I fear the worst.
Lefty's last post was Aug. 11, 2014. I ran of search of the obits in the Las Vegas Review Journal for the past year and happily did not find anything. I also hope he is okay.

proximity
03-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Posters who have posted very little recently or not at all:

CJ
The Little Guy
Whiffleball Whizz
EDM4ME

Anyone else?

These 4 posters have probably less than 10 posts between them in the last week or so.

Are you guys alive? :D

whizz got a new phone and can't remember his password.

I think he signed up for a new account.

charm city wiffleball or something? :confused:

Stillriledup
03-22-2015, 01:02 AM

charm city wiffleball or something? :confused:

This place isn't the same without him.

Stillriledup
03-22-2015, 01:04 AM
Some people have lives.

VBBdyVQchWQ

lamboguy
03-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Was in rehab again. been back at assisted living for a week. my desktop died, so I am using a 10 year laptop. just trying to get back to normal right now.its real nice to see you back, i hope we hear from some of the other missing people here soon. i wish everyone the very best.

Hoofless_Wonder
03-22-2015, 08:54 PM
Hate to say it, but the trend is clear - unless you want to leave behind puzzled friends for years, you should have some instructions in your will to notify the social media sites you're active on to post a message about you're passing, as well as your email contacts.

A friend of mine in Alabama passed away a couple of years ago over Labor Day weekend, and I didn't find out until Breeder's Cup, through a mutual friend on my "horse racing" email list. He was active on a couple of online forums though, and the outpouring of grief and condolences for one was quite moving (Allman Brothers Band forum).

The alternative is to speculate, the way we do about whales....

Steve 'StatMan'
03-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Couldn't find anything from toetoe since 2012. Also, Chickenhead must have flown the coop.

Not trying to push anyone back onto social media if they are busy or temporarily/permanently fed up. I'm even thinking of banishing myself from all social media for a while - I get too upset and fed up with everything, and the stupidity of the masses, while also realizing that ignorance might just be bliss after all.

johnhannibalsmith
03-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Couldn't find anything from toetoe since 2012. Also, Chickenhead must have flown the coop.

Chickenhead has come out of his shell now and again, I think.

I think he was more into the funny/stupid/ridiculous things that we all share in common type off-topic threads rather than the mundane things that make us allegedly different (very, very, very different, allegedly) type threads that seem more the norm these days.

Zaf
03-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Some people have lives.

:lol:

NJ Stinks
03-23-2015, 01:11 AM
One guy I miss is Jay Trotter. I just checked and he hasn't posted since last August.

Hope all is well with this Royal Canadian.

GaryG
03-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Chickie is a very smart guy and I enjoyed some of his insights. Two of the best handicappers that have not been seen recently are Rook and Richie P. I told Rook once that I admired his intensity as it reminded me of myself as a young man.

tucker6
03-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Elysiantraveller??

classhandicapper
03-23-2015, 09:23 AM
CJ is still recovering from a procedure on his eyes. I checked in with him over the weekend. All is well.

Greyfox
03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
One guy I miss is Jay Trotter. I just checked and he hasn't posted since last August.

Hope all is well with this Royal Canadian.

Yes. He was a great contributor to the management of several contests on this board.
Also, Jay offered very level headed advice in the political off topics threads from time to time.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2015, 01:08 PM

Hope all is well with this Royal Canadian.Jay hates my guts because he thinks I'm a right-wing jackbooted thug.

I hope that clears at least this MIA up... :lol: :faint:

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2015, 01:10 PM

charm city wiffleball or something? :confused:There is a lost password function on this board...right where you log in... :lol:

Based on your vouch, I approved charm city...let's hope it's really him... :lol:

thaskalos
03-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Jay hates my guts because he thinks I'm a right-wing jackbooted thug.

Where could he possibly have gotten THAT idea...? :)

OTM Al
03-23-2015, 01:21 PM

And even if you are a right-wing jackbooted thug, you are still a nice guy and quite likable :)

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2015, 01:23 PM
Where could he possibly have gotten THAT idea...? :)I don't know...anything even remotely right of Al Franken is considered a right-wing jackbooted thug these days, so you tell me.

thaskalos
03-23-2015, 01:28 PM
I don't know...anything even remotely right of Al Franken is considered a right-wing jackbooted thug these days, so you tell me.
I, for one, have revised my opinion of you. If a person insists on holding erroneous political views...then who am I to stand in his way? None of us is perfect...

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2015, 01:39 PM
That last part is so true.

NJ Stinks
03-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear that if that's the case with Jay. Although it sure beats health issues.

My thoughts on the subject go something like this. I don't hold somebody's political beliefs against them. In fact, I enjoy political debate and there wouldn't be any around here if there weren't different opinions. So if somebody gets upset about something posted, it's no big deal. But when somebody gets really nasty or mean with another poster because of a stated political belief, I'm no longer amused.

Marshall Bennett
03-23-2015, 03:41 PM
I'll agree with that. :)

charm city whizz
03-23-2015, 05:51 PM
There is a lost password function on this board...right where you log in... :lol:

Based on your vouch, I approved charm city...let's hope it's really him... :lol:

Yes it's the whizz.......lost password and forgot old email password to log on!!!!

Thanks for approving me I won't let you down!!!!!

Lost numbers of Dennis and a few others over here glad to be back

Rookies
03-23-2015, 06:17 PM

Other than that, what's the REAL issue, Mike? :lol:

RunForTheRoses
03-23-2015, 06:21 PM
When I first signed up at PA I mainly lurked and usually in the On topic forums. I remember there was a guy who posted a lot with a Jaco Pastorius avatar who seemed pretty knowledgeable and posted a lot. I could be mistaking for a current poster but don't think so.

RunForTheRoses
03-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Yes it's the whizz.......lost password and forgot old email password to log on!!!!

Welcome back, hows the March Madness going for you?

Rookies
03-23-2015, 06:26 PM
When I first signed up at PA I mainly lurked and usually in the On topic forums. I remember there was a guy who posted a lot with a Jaco Pastorius avatar who seemed pretty knowledgeable and posted a lot. I could be mistaking for a current poster but don't think so.

Correct, sir! Dangerous Dan ? He batted on the Left side of the plate, je pense.

Zydeco
03-23-2015, 06:35 PM

The Whizz is back!!

RunForTheRoses
03-23-2015, 06:38 PM
Correct, sir! Dangerous Dan ? He batted on the Left side of the plate, je pense.

I didn't know that. Back then I just looked at the Horsey stuff.

GameTheory
03-23-2015, 07:35 PM

DanG

proximity
03-23-2015, 09:36 PM

speaking of which, haven't seen a dennis post in a week or two.

hope he's ok....

Tom
03-23-2015, 09:41 PM

You mean Lefty?

Track Collector
03-23-2015, 11:26 PM

Nice to have you back!

It is only about 5 months until TIMONIUM!!! :jump:

charm city whizz
03-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Welcome back, hows the March Madness going for you?

Survived.......for the thurs-sun

Buried from week 12 of nfl-last weds....true story

charm city whizz
03-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Nice to have you back!

It is only about 5 months until TIMONIUM!!! :jump:

It's amazing time flew that quick.....even saw Ronsmac and proximity hit and run blackjack hahahahahahahaha

horses4courses
04-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Welcome back, whizz! :ThmbUp:
Place wasn't the same without you.

One guy who I think has been missing a long time is bet_horses
He posted mostly in OT Sports, and he put up picks through much
of last year's MLB season. The opening of this year's season is
noticeable by his absence. Hope he's doing okay.

Stillriledup
04-07-2015, 07:56 PM
It's amazing time flew that quick.....even saw Ronsmac and proximity hit and run blackjack hahahahahahahaha

Cmon now Whizz, 11 posts? Pick up the pace man! :D

Grits
04-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Robert Fisher was back posting yesterday, having been away for several weeks.

He told me that he's scheduled for heart surgery on June 1.

"Prayers and good thoughts in these coming days for you, Robert."

Tom
04-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Sad to hear that, Grits.
Prayers and good thought to you, Robert.

Your friends here will be pulling for you like a 50-1 shot turning for home in front by 5!

fast4522
04-08-2015, 04:51 PM

I seriously doubt Jay Trotter has hate for you, to be mild folks tend to run with their own circles. When he gets bored he will be back.

Robert Fischer
04-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Thanks Grits and Tom.

Family has been a big help, and this will be my 2nd operation with this 'Grade 1' surgeon. Hopefully it all goes smoothly. :ThmbUp:

maddog42
04-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Maybe this is more of an appropriate place to ask this question than the other thread. I don't wish to invade anyones privacy but I AM curious:

All this talk of "Entropy" reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. On another gambling website one of the members said that Entropy was the name that Benters old partner Alan Woods used on this forum. Looking up that name, he did claim to be Woods. Of course Woods is deceased now and Entropy no longer posts. Any Opinions?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2015, 12:21 AM
I seriously doubt Jay Trotter has hate for you, to be mild folks tend to run with their own circles. When he gets bored he will be back.I seriously doubt this. Sad but true.

Saratoga_Mike
04-09-2015, 08:51 AM
I seriously doubt this. Sad but true.

I always viewed Jay as one of the more reasonable liberals on the board. Surprised he left.

maddog42
04-09-2015, 07:50 PM

I don't think you wear Jackboots, and are probably not a thug. So only 33% of that is true.

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2015, 11:54 AM
The sad part is, I'm not nearly as right-wing as you or Jay think I am, but you're so programmed, the reality escapes you...

I would love to hear the assumptions you have about my political and social beliefs...I bet more than a few are way off...

Stillriledup
11-03-2015, 01:29 AM
Posters I haven't seen in quite some time:

The Big Guy

Rewlob Owner

Check your milk cartons.

thaskalos
11-03-2015, 02:29 AM
There was a poster that I remember having some very interesting conversations with, whom I haven't seen here in a few years. I believe he went by the name...BluegrassProf.

Another conspicuous absence has been the once-frequent contributor Traynor.

My best wishes go out to both of them.

Kash$
11-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Trifecta Mike

lamboguy
11-03-2015, 09:30 AM
i haven't seen Melman or the Little Guy here for quite some time.

andtheyreoff
11-03-2015, 10:37 AM
There was a poster that I remember having some very interesting conversations with, whom I haven't seen here in a few years. I believe he went by the name...BluegrassProf.

Another conspicuous absence has been the once-frequent contributor Traynor.

My best wishes go out to both of them.

BluegrassProf was a 2010 exclusive, posting during the height of the Zenyatta hype. I enjoyed his posts, too.

One guy who recently returned after a three-year hiatus is FenceBored. Happy to have him back. :ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
11-03-2015, 11:08 AM
DJofSD and Badcompany......One more, Sapio.

FantasticDan
11-03-2015, 11:15 AM
BlueShoe was a regular contributor since 2006. Suddenly stopped posting in January 2015. I think he was an older gentleman, so you have to be concerned..

Tom
11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Sweaty John.
I always remember him at BC.

Vetscratch.....:jump:

_______
11-03-2015, 12:21 PM
DJofSD and Badcompany......One more, Sapio.

Ditto BC. I miss his posts on financial markets.

Rise Over Run
11-03-2015, 12:53 PM
i haven't seen Melman or the Little Guy here for quite some time.
Per this thread, Melman passed away in February 2014.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117851

lamboguy
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Per this thread, Melman passed away in February 2014.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117851very sorry to hear that

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2015, 02:00 PM
I really want to know what's up with Badcompany. He hasn't been here since the market tanked in August...Met him up in Saratoga a few times over the years...seriously hope he is OK.

thaskalos
11-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I really want to know what's up with Badcompany. He hasn't been here since the market tanked in August...Met him up in Saratoga a few times over the years...seriously hope he is OK.
With his diet and exercise regimen fully in force, the odds say that he is still going strong. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
11-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Where's the legendary Imrilledup?

Can you imagine having Imrilledup and Stillriledup together on the board?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Ken Woodal

FantasticDan
11-03-2015, 03:32 PM
I really want to know what's up with Badcompany.I can't deny I thought Badcompany would be here til the day I die.. :cool:

thaskalos
11-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I can't deny I thought Badcompany would be here til the day I die.. :cool:
Why would you even say that? You still look like a young man in the prime of his life.

proximity
11-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I can't deny I thought Badcompany would be here til the day I die.. :cool:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, wasn't badcompany the poster here that just took up driving again??

Track Collector
11-03-2015, 10:14 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, wasn't badcompany the poster here that just took up driving again??

I hope he is ok. Brett is one of those folks I enjoy meeting up with when the PA group gets together at Saratoga (even if he seems to like the harness races better!). :)

BTW I have not seen Warren Henry and pktruckdriver post of a while.

myhorse1
11-04-2015, 02:46 PM
markgoldie

Overlay
11-05-2015, 12:23 PM
BTW I have not seen Warren Henry and pktruckdriver post of a while.
Patrick (pktruckdriver) just posted on Dave Schwartz's Talking Handicapping Facebook page at the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/605708732808780/permalink/961206653925651/

LottaKash
11-05-2015, 02:34 PM
markgoldie

I agree, I miss his posts....He was one of my faves... :)

Richie
11-06-2015, 06:22 AM
How about DanG

he had that jaco pastorious avatar, he was big here and on the htr site?

Saratoga_Mike
11-06-2015, 08:57 AM
I agree, I miss his posts....He was one of my faves... :)

MG - incredible insights into handicapping

Stillriledup
12-23-2015, 02:06 AM
Havent seen 'thebigguy' or 'relwob owner' around recently.

Tom
01-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Detective Goren has been missing recently.
Hope all is well with him.

NorCalGreg
01-05-2016, 05:41 AM
I'd like to get serious here for a minute, if I may:

Sadly, extreme poster, thread-starter, and overall sh*t stirrer SRU..has not posted in at least 2 hours.

He's not known to have a girlfriend, job, hobby, doesn't sleep at night, or even have an ADW acct...one can only assume the worst.

There's no other explanation, at this point.

Except, of course...he's in jail. Here's to hoping that's the case :eek:

To SRU---come back safe, little buddy.

proximity
01-05-2016, 06:33 AM
I'd like to get serious here for a minute, if I may:

Sadly, extreme poster, thread-starter, and overall sh*t stirrer SRU..has not posted in at least 2 hours.

He's not known to have a girlfriend, job, hobby, doesn't sleep at night, or even have an ADW acct...one can only assume the worst.

There's no other explanation, at this point.

Except, of course...he's in jail. Here's to hoping that's the case :eek:

To SRU---come back safe, little buddy.

:lol:

i've heard rumors that he's currently in negotiations with kraft and belichick to become quarterbacks coach for the 2016 new england patriots!! :)

EMD4ME
01-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Hope Grits is ok. Or maybe I missed her posts.

johnhannibalsmith
01-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Hope Grits is ok. Or maybe I missed her posts.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Grits is fine and that she's just sick of a lot of us. :)

fast4522
01-05-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Grits is fine and that she's just sick of a lot of us. :)

I will go further out on a limb and agree with you, life has a way of setting the priorities. But might add that that gal is more active before the Kentucky derby.

whodoyoulike
01-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Detective Goren has been missing recently.
Hope all is well with him.

I've also noticed RG hasn't posted in quite a while. I hope he's okay.

Also, DJofSD hasn't posted in months. Based on some of his posts, I think he used to have a radio handicapping weekend show which I listened to for over 10 years. He and his team were very informative in helping others understand and follow horse racing just as he's been in providing helpful info on this site's off topic computer threads. I hope he's doing well.

thaskalos
01-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Bad Company is another guy whose absence here has become noteworthy...at least to me. He is still a young guy in apparently great health...so, I hope he has withdrew from here by choice.

Tom
01-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Also, DJofSD hasn't posted in months.

He left with Ralph and Gary.

whodoyoulike
01-06-2016, 05:41 PM
He left with Ralph and Gary.

Didn't know this. Was it for the same reason?

Thanks for the info.

Kash$
01-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Slew101
Wiffleball whizz

Stillriledup
01-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Slew101
Wiffleball whizz

Whizz is around, he just pulled an 'imliledup' and changed his name. :D

proximity
01-06-2016, 11:03 PM
saw whizz the other night and he was betting against scott zeron and doing well. and he was doing even better when ore-tcu went to ot and kept scoring! ;)

mountainman
01-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Big Mack

johnhannibalsmith
01-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Big Mack

Told Dahoss90210 he would never post again if Romney lost. Romney lost.

mountainman
01-07-2016, 01:46 AM

Indeed, sir. I'll leave it at that.

myhorse1
01-07-2016, 06:40 PM
husker55

Stillriledup
01-07-2016, 08:57 PM

90210?

fast4522
01-07-2016, 09:06 PM
husker55

I thought he touched a third rail in OT and got banned, I could be wrong though.

cj's dad
01-08-2016, 04:53 AM
Didn't know this. Was it for the same reason?

Thanks for the info.

Had to do with the Confederate flag BS

charm city whizz
01-08-2016, 07:10 AM
Slew101
Wiffleball whizz

Hey kash......

About a month and a half ago I suffered a mini stroke (tia) while up in Connecticut......had the Classic symptoms and didn't realzie it

I got off the plane and over the next few hours lost feelings in my left arm and hand was dropping everything and just couldn't talk or get the words out of my mouth what I wanted to say and was having the worst tension headache of my life

Over the next 6 or so hours I became a Google doctor and diagnosed myself with a brain tumor and broke out in sheer panic, it was then I went to the emergency room and was there about the better part of 3.5 days and the MRI and ct scan came back clear as far as brain tumor was concerned

After a few neurological dr visits I had a clot and that's what caused this with a severe lack of sleep over a month span, on some good medication now eating different and Prob feeling best I have in years

As to anybody here it's true the worst thing you could ever do is Google your symptoms on Google and diagnose yourself it will drive you crazy!!

As proximty said I did see him the other night was Gonna play cards just not as mentally sharp as I need to be, hope to see some posters here in the 2016 year!!

thaskalos
01-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Hey kash......

About a month and a half ago I suffered a mini stroke (tia) while up in Connecticut......had the Classic symptoms and didn't realzie it

I got off the plane and over the next few hours lost feelings in my left arm and hand was dropping everything and just couldn't talk or get the words out of my mouth what I wanted to say and was having the worst tension headache of my life

Over the next 6 or so hours I became a Google doctor and diagnosed myself with a brain tumor and broke out in sheer panic, it was then I went to the emergency room and was there about the better part of 3.5 days and the MRI and ct scan came back clear as far as brain tumor was concerned

After a few neurological dr visits I had a clot and that's what caused this with a severe lack of sleep over a month span, on some good medication now eating different and Prob feeling best I have in years

As to anybody here it's true the worst thing you could ever do is Google your symptoms on Google and diagnose yourself it will drive you crazy!!

As proximty said I did see him the other night was Gonna play cards just not as mentally sharp as I need to be, hope to see some posters here in the 2016 year!!

Take care of yourself, Whizz...and watch what you eat. I had serious health problems of my own several years ago...and the quacks were suggesting extensive treatments and life-long prescription medications. I turned my back on their advice, and completely overhauled my diet. Not only have I regained my health...but, for the last 4-5 years...I have the energy level of a 20-year old.

I have lived my entire life recklessly...and it took me forever to realize life's most important lesson: When it comes to our health...NOTHING is more important than what we put in our mouths. We literally dig our graves with our forks and our knives.

charm city whizz
01-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Take care of yourself, Whizz...and watch what you eat. I had serious health problems of my own several years ago...and the quacks were suggesting extensive treatments and life-long prescription medications. I turned my back on their advice, and completely overhauled my diet. Not only have I regained my health...but, for the last 4-5 years...I have the energy level of a 20-year old.

I have lived my entire life recklessly...and it took me forever to realize life's most important lesson: When it comes to our health...NOTHING is more important than what we put in our mouths. We literally dig our graves with our forks and our knives.

Agree thaskalos......looking to take advantage of this life lesson....in the month I've been active for some reason and don't know how to explain shot my best round of golf and bowled my highest series, really looking forward to the summer

PhantomOnTour
02-07-2016, 12:15 PM
I miss Big Sal...
Dougie Salvatore

Kash$
02-07-2016, 12:34 PM
I miss Big Sal...
Dougie Salvatore

Married in December he's doing fine according to Byk

Stillriledup
02-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Posters I haven't seen in quite some time:

The Big Guy

Rewlob Owner

Check your milk cartons.

Calling Rewlob Owner, come in Rewlob Owner!!!

I know I owned this guy in many threads but I didn't think it would drive him from the site. Unless he's a ghost who is still at PA. SHOW US A SIGN RO! :lol:

ReplayRandall
02-10-2016, 03:31 PM
What happened to that sharpshooter known as Fantastic Dan?

Tom
02-10-2016, 03:35 PM
He is a refugee in Syria now.
They vetted him and took him in.

Or was it Canada?

NorCalGreg
02-10-2016, 03:35 PM
What happened to that sharpshooter known as Fantastic Dan?

Was wondering where the hell you were, Randall.

ReplayRandall
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Was wondering where the hell you were, Randall.

I've been busy fighting Socialists.....

NorCalGreg
02-10-2016, 03:38 PM
He is a refugee in Syria now.
They vetted him and took him in.

Or was it Canada?

Oh I meant to tell you, Tom......I bumped one of your old threads, from 2002 about 5.5F fractions. You only had like, 12 posts back then.

kingfin66
02-10-2016, 06:51 PM
I miss Big Sal...
Dougie Salvatore

Do you remember way back when he posted under this name?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=1838

\

Stillriledup
03-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Dilan ESP check in sir!

Zydeco
03-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Agree thaskalos......looking to take advantage of this life lesson....in the month I've been active for some reason and don't know how to explain shot my best round of golf and bowled my highest series, really looking forward to the summer

Good health to you!

proximity
03-07-2016, 09:54 PM
haven't heard from manu918 for awhile? :confused:

a couple big eagles trades today. alonso and maxwell to miami. murray to tenn.......

NorCalGreg
03-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Wonder what happened to Delta? Very intelligent...lot of good things to say. He called out the "experts" that talk a good game.
This guy was the real deal.

Zaf
03-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Oh I meant to tell you, Tom......I bumped one of your old threads, from 2002 about 5.5F fractions. You only had like, 12 posts back then.

I laughed :D

Z

proximity
03-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Wonder what happened to Delta? Very intelligent...lot of good things to say. He called out the "experts" that talk a good game.

delta lover is logged in isn't he?? :confused:

real good poster and i believe he even knows emd!! :cool:

NorCalGreg
03-07-2016, 10:42 PM

Yeah, think he is EMD's buddy.

EMD4ME
03-08-2016, 03:45 AM

SUPER SUPER SUPER Intelligent and very good soul. I saw him a couple of weeks back at the BIG A. He was doing just fine (killing his select races).

EMD4ME
03-08-2016, 03:47 AM

It's more like EMD4ME is lucky to know Delta Lover :)

When I disappeared abruptly last March, he found me in ICU at a major NYC hospital.

Delta introduced me to PA a handful of years back. It's all HIS fault ;)

DeltaLover
03-08-2016, 06:54 AM
Thanks you for your good words and exaggerations (!).

I have been very busy with my work during the last months and this is why I do not post often.

EMD you probably will see me this weekend, I am missing your expert replays input and trip notes so please be prepared...

mountainman
03-08-2016, 09:45 AM
I think plenty of "mia" posters are very much with us here, and not just in spirit. Especially trolls.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2016, 12:22 PM
One day we're going to have to have a mini-get-together in NY at either Aqueduct or Belmont...I want to see EMD and Delta in person...they can talk in Greek behind my back! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if we can fly thaskalos out...wow...would that be a toga party!

Ocala Mike
03-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Or SAR - I plan to be there sometime in August.

DeltaLover
03-08-2016, 12:37 PM
One day we're going to have to have a mini-get-together in NY at either Aqueduct or Belmont...I want to see EMD and Delta in person...they can talk in Greek behind my back! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's do it then...

Tom
03-08-2016, 12:39 PM
If we are flying Gus here, we HAVE to have mostie tag along with him.
Maybe he could hide in a large suitcase. :p

mostpost
03-08-2016, 02:28 PM
If we are flying Gus here, we HAVE to have mostie tag along with him.
Maybe he could hide in a large suitcase. :p
They don't make suitcases that big.

Tom
03-08-2016, 02:46 PM
OK, you and Gus rent this costume, see, and then we book you guys on a horse trailer heading to NYRA.....I'll be nice and allow you guys to decide who gets the REAR end! :D

EMD4ME
03-08-2016, 06:00 PM

That would be my pleasure! Let's make it a PA paaaaaaarrty!

EMD4ME
03-08-2016, 06:02 PM
OK, you and Gus rent this costume, see, and then we book you guys on a horse trailer heading to NYRA.....I'll be nice and allow you guys to decide who gets the REAR end! :D

Can I practice using the crop when they unload this van :lol:

I want to see if I whip them 3 times, if there is a response, if not I will wait 10 seconds and whip 3 more times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
04-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Thaskalos. Been gone since late March.....

Grits
04-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Thaskalos. Been gone since late March.....

Tom, I had noticed, too. :(

Tom
04-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Maybe the pressure of anticipating SRU's 25,000th post got to him and he needs a break. :rolleyes:

Hope he is OK.

Clocker
04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Maybe the pressure of anticipating SRU's 25,000th post got to him and he needs a break. :rolleyes:

That was a good time to be in a safe space. :p

NorCalGreg
04-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Winger suddenly disappeared, and Replay Randall hasn't posted in quite a while. For some reason I notice when he doesn't post for a week....sorta like when an hour goes by and SRU hasn't posted.

proximity
04-09-2016, 11:06 PM
i haven't been on here too much myself, but it's been awhile since i've seen manu918 on here or "that other site." hope everyone is well.

Kash$
04-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Winger suddenly disappeared, and Replay Randall hasn't posted in quite a while. For some reason I notice when he doesn't post for a week....sorta like when an hour goes by and SRU hasn't posted.

Thask and Replay Randall both are the vet list

whodoyoulike
04-10-2016, 04:52 PM
i haven't been on here too much myself, but it's been awhile since i've seen manu918 on here or "that other site." hope everyone is well.

Isn't manu918 one of the moderators?

Grits
04-17-2016, 06:44 PM
THASK, where are you???

R2, same goes for you, where are you???

Both of you, please, please, come back.

There's a huge hole at this place without you.

:( :( :(

boxcar
04-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Haven't seen Foxy around lately either. Earth calling The Fox. Fox, are you receiving?-

NorCalGreg
04-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Isn't manu918 one of the moderators?

He didn't realize the absolute power that comes with being a moderator.

Without thinking, in a fit of rage (he did have a temper)---he may have accidentally banned himself.

whodoyoulike
04-18-2016, 07:29 PM
He didn't realize the absolute power that comes with being a moderator.

Without thinking, in a fit of rage (he did have a temper)---he may have accidentally banned himself.

Feeling brave with that comment if they're able to ban posters. Just checked and he's still listed as a moderator on a couple of forums. This banning power sounds interesting but I'd probably want to improve upon it to include extermination from the internet.

stuball
04-18-2016, 07:39 PM
I lost track of Hammerhead -- anyone have an update on him?

Stuball :confused:

hcap
04-18-2016, 09:59 PM
I lost track of Hammerhead -- anyone have an update on him?

Stuball :confused:Bill passed away a few months ago.

Greyfox
04-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Haven't seen Foxy around lately either. Earth calling The Fox. Fox, are you receiving?-

I've gone political. :D

Valuist
04-18-2016, 10:08 PM
BetHorses. Haven't seen him post in a few months.

Light
04-18-2016, 10:16 PM
I find it odd that both Thaskalos and ReplayRandall's last posts were on the same day from the same thread from the same page.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129854&page=2&pp=15

EMD4ME
04-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Many times, the message from silence is dead clear......Glad someone (you) picked up on it.

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Many times, the message from silence is dead clear.I must be the biggest dope around then...even when it was explained to me (sort of), I still don't get it.

EMD4ME
04-19-2016, 12:48 AM
If I read this right, SRU has not posted in 27 hours and 1 minute. I am genuinely worried

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2016, 12:54 AM
They're dropping like flies.

(PS. SRU posted about 3 hours ago...I know...for him this seems like more than a day)

EMD4ME
04-19-2016, 01:01 AM

(PS. SRU posted about 3 hours ago...I know...for him this seems like more than a day)

Whew....was hoping I read that wrong ! :)

Hopefully he's just charging his batteries. Vic for one, can't live without SRU :cool: , so hope he's fine.

Stillriledup
04-19-2016, 02:40 AM

My posts are in dog years, this is correct, 3 hours = 1day for normal people. :D

stuball
04-19-2016, 08:45 AM
I communicated with him many times and I knew he was in trouble but he must have got bad real fast because lhe said he lwould let me know if it got worse...RIP Bill aka (Hammerhead)

JimG
04-19-2016, 09:19 AM
Very sorry to hear that about Hammerhead. A good guy that really enjoyed the races. Unfortunately that is the sad part about being around here a long time.

Jim

boxcar
04-19-2016, 11:52 AM
I've gone political. :D

And I have converted to apolitical. :D

Good to see that you're still amongst the living, though.

Tom
04-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Hey, where is Lottakash?
Gone since early March.

cj
05-17-2016, 11:28 PM
ManU? Where'd he go. He was even a moderator the last few months before he went MIA. I sent him a few texts but no response.

proximity
05-18-2016, 12:02 AM
ManU? Where'd he go. He was even a moderator the last few months before he went MIA. I sent him a few texts but no response.

he also hasn't posted on 2+2 since january. he could be in a prop bet or something? idk? he did text me last month when my mom died. likable guy though, got to meet him before at parx.

Stillriledup
05-18-2016, 12:22 AM
R
E
W
L
O
B

OWNER

Valuist
05-18-2016, 01:36 PM

I think the Sixers got to him.

Saratoga_Mike
05-18-2016, 01:38 PM
R
E
W
L
O
B

OWNER

I think he just purchased his 25th bowling (spell that name backwards) alley ... too busy, but well. I'll tell him you sent your regards.

Stillriledup
05-18-2016, 05:19 PM
I think he just purchased his 25th bowling (spell that name backwards) alley ... too busy, but well. I'll tell him you sent your regards.

Not a surprise you two get along.

EMD4ME
05-31-2016, 07:42 PM
I see he is now a Veteran.

I haven't been posting a lot lately. Did I miss something? I PM'd PA a few minutes ago.

Now starting to get worried. Is he simply banned? Or worse? Like deceased/ill? :(

tucker6
05-31-2016, 08:54 PM
Last posted 12 days ago. That is a long time for him. Hope he is just on vacation.

PaceAdvantage
05-31-2016, 09:36 PM
I think this sums it up perfectly:

vW4NuPFF5SI

MutuelClerk
05-31-2016, 09:38 PM
Maybe he and Thask had a secret rendezvous. Not that's there anything wrong with that.

EMD4ME
05-31-2016, 10:32 PM

vW4NuPFF5SI

Out of respect to you, I PM'D my thoughts. Simply, please reconsider. Glad SRU is alive and well (if you read this SRU).

proximity
05-31-2016, 10:35 PM
could someone please bring me a cutty and water? ;)

EMD4ME
05-31-2016, 10:38 PM
I could see SRU's brain working now....He wants credit for all the posts on here added to his overall post count :)

Sorry to make light SRU. It was a compliment.

proximity
05-31-2016, 10:59 PM
used to call him "spit shine" sru.

friggin' kid could shine up ten year old threads; make 'em look like mirrors. :)

Zaf
05-31-2016, 11:36 PM
I guess now he is an average nobody. He gets to live the rest of his life like a schnook.

Z

ronsmac
05-31-2016, 11:41 PM
I miss SRU. You might love him, might hate him, but you couldn't ignore him.

proximity
05-31-2016, 11:45 PM
he really was a funny guy....

Relwob Owner
06-01-2016, 12:58 AM

vW4NuPFF5SI

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

HuggingTheRail
06-01-2016, 01:10 AM
SRU got DQ'ed???

menifee
06-01-2016, 06:06 AM
He was annoying. He said a lot of idiotic things. He probably violated the posting guidelines a few times. He saw bad rides or conspiracies in races when there was nothing out of the ordinary. In essence, he was a pain in the ass with no filter. We've all seen or known guys like him at the track.

However he was not a bad person. People are too sensitive today. If he annoyed you, ignore him. He was funny sometimes and had an interesting thought once in awhile. He was passionate about horse racing. To ban him is a mistake and makes the Board less interesting.

EMD4ME
06-01-2016, 06:17 AM
How about bringing SRU back as a moderator?

Hear me out. Empowering people who sometimes push the line , puts them in a position to manage the line. We all need a freshening once in a while. This could be his freshening before his PEAK figure.

proximity
06-01-2016, 07:13 AM

Hear me out. Empowering people who sometimes push the line , puts them in a position to manage the line. We all need a freshening once in a while. This could be his freshening before his PEAK figure.

he was kinda like family (a crazy relative or something) so hopefully the ptb reconsider but your recommendation is office space (promote peter) and this is a goodfellas themed thread.

i agree with a lot of what menifee wrote in that his strength here was his passion but he had a big weakness in what i call "context." this is a big problem with the internet in general and it is only magnified when you don't share any of your background so other posters can relate better to where you're coming from. also when you bump ten year old threads the words are still there but some of the context (what was going on at the time and around the thread) is gone. hope this makes sense. :)

jk3521
06-01-2016, 07:27 AM
He'll probably come back as "Riledupagain"

EMD4ME
06-01-2016, 07:34 AM
I'd like that!

Which begs the question. What happened to Imriledup? How was SRU born?

barahona44
06-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Doesn't PA provide a "safe space" for those who feel a need to deflect criticism and intolerance? :)

Steve 'StatMan'
06-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Doesn't PA provide a "safe space" for those who feel a need to deflect criticism and intolerance? :)

Heh Heh! Definitely not in Off Topic - General! :)

Valuist
06-01-2016, 11:44 AM
I think he had a big bet on the Thunder when they were up 3-1 and didn't envision the Warriors making a three game comeback.

Tall One
06-01-2016, 01:39 PM

vW4NuPFF5SI

It was revenge for Billy Batts, and a lot of other things. And there was nothing that we could do about it. Batts was a made man, and SRU wasn't. And we had to sit still and take it.

Inner Dirt
06-01-2016, 02:01 PM
He was annoying. He said a lot of idiotic things. He probably violated the posting guidelines a few times. He saw bad rides or conspiracies in races when there was nothing out of the ordinary. In essence, he was a pain in the ass with no filter. We've all seen or known guys like him at the track.

However he was not a bad person. People are too sensitive today. If he annoyed you, ignore him. He was funny sometimes and had an interesting thought once in awhile. He was passionate about horse racing. To ban him is a mistake and makes the Board less interesting.

My thoughts exactly. There are very few people I would want banned and he isn't one of them.

Tom
06-01-2016, 02:41 PM
SRU!

Tom
06-01-2016, 02:43 PM
He'll probably come back as "Riledupagain"

We once had a guy derek2u, who got bounced.
He came back under a new name, that we later found out was.....Plan B! :lol::lol::lol:

And who could forget Lousycapperi, Lousycapperii, and lousycapperiii - all with the same avatar!

Relwob Owner
06-01-2016, 02:55 PM

I have to respectfully disagree. I think at many times he posted just to post and to incite things, rather than out of genuine thoughts or opinions. This took threads that were good and sent them sideways. Its easy to say "ignore him" but with him ,it was impossible. This board is awesome and has many insightful minds and I think he brought it down with his lack of genuineness and immaturity. I think the board is better without him.

upthecreek
06-01-2016, 03:05 PM
SRU!
He has his own thread

garyscpa
06-01-2016, 05:44 PM
He has his own thread

He would want it that way.

098poi
06-01-2016, 05:50 PM
I like him. I certainly hope he is ok and wish him the best. The thing that always mystified me is he seems to know a lot about racing, tracks, pools etc. and he would come out with crazy conspiracy theories about one race with 6 horses and how the fav was held back and everyone was in on it except him. May have been true but I wouldn't lose a weeks sleep over one race. Good luck SRU. :ThmbUp:

whodoyoulike
06-01-2016, 06:09 PM
If this is true, it's probably because CJ did get the Uber gig he's been wanting and doesn't have as much time now to police these threads.

johnhannibalsmith
06-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Bump

cj
06-01-2016, 11:18 PM
If this is true, it's probably because CJ did get the Uber gig he's been wanting and doesn't have as much time now to police these threads.

Certainly does free up a lot of time! :)

Those that miss SRU, and believe it or not I actually think I'd like the guy, have no idea what a constant PITA he was for us that try to keep the board the best it can be (mostly PA)!

whodoyoulike
06-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Hopefully nothing has happened to him but, I have the feeling he'll resurface or from his favorite line ....

XY9jQq7U85c

HuggingTheRail
06-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Why don't we do a PA meetup at SRU Downs? :)

EMD4ME
06-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Why don't we do a PA meetup at SRU Downs? :)

I wish I could contact him/her. I can't. Anyone have an e-mail address?

TucsonGreyhound
06-02-2016, 03:25 AM
Probably had a heart attack after a perfect storm of a bad ride, horrible inquiry result and pool manipulation meant his $2 show bet only returned $2.80 instead of $3.20.

Worthless poster.

tucker6
06-02-2016, 06:12 AM
Certainly does free up a lot of time! :)

Those that miss SRU, and believe it or not I actually think I'd like the guy, have no idea what a constant PITA he was for us that try to keep the board the best it can be (mostly PA)!
You mean PA didn't enjoy the bumping of 10 year old threads? :D

proximity
06-02-2016, 09:55 AM
I wish I could contact him/her. I can't. Anyone have an e-mail address?

click on his name and then click "send a message via email to sru?" :confused:

remember though he never made an effort to even tell us much about his background let alone get to know other posters. so if the above doesn't work it's really his own fault.

good luck!!

johnhannibalsmith
06-02-2016, 10:41 AM
You mean PA didn't enjoy the bumping of 10 year old threads? :D

Probably just one symptom of what had seemed to become a near sole focus on posting as many times as possible for some reason that I completely fail to grasp.

I love SRU and have always defended him while rarely defending his positions, but even I have almost no idea what he believes anymore on about 75% of topics because it seems he'd say whatever it took to coerce posters into engaging him for as long as possible. I never considered him a troll, but his style was taking a sharp turn in that direction recently. Just posting whatever it would take to justify accumulating another post and then hopefully another and another.

He was outspoken enough and understanding enough of most things to stimulate discussion without demanding it of people. He has a thick skin, can take a punch when he asks for it, pretty much all of the things that make for good internet banter and propels others to think. But, at some point it stopped feeling sincere and more a means to some other end that pleased only him and tended to aggravate pretty much everyone else.

Hopefully he returns and resumes being the thought provoking SRU rather than just the provoking SRU.

tucker6
06-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Probably just one symptom of what had seemed to become a near sole focus on posting as many times as possible for some reason that I completely fail to grasp.

I love SRU and have always defended him while rarely defending his positions, but even I have almost no idea what he believes anymore on about 75% of topics because it seems he'd say whatever it took to coerce posters into engaging him for as long as possible. I never considered him a troll, but his style was taking a sharp turn in that direction recently. Just posting whatever it would take to justify accumulating another post and then hopefully another and another.

He was outspoken enough and understanding enough of most things to stimulate discussion without demanding it of people. He has a thick skin, can take a punch when he asks for it, pretty much all of the things that make for good internet banter and propels others to think. But, at some point it stopped feeling sincere and more a means to some other end that pleased only him and tended to aggravate pretty much everyone else.

Hopefully he returns and resumes being the thought provoking SRU rather than just the provoking SRU.
This is a great post, and it speaks to exactly how I felt about SRU but didn't have the right words to express it. Indeed, he was jumping the shark lately in some threads. :ThmbUp:

Grits
06-02-2016, 11:43 AM
remember though he never made an effort to even tell us much about his background

The need to know someone's background? I don't ask individuals, "what do you do?" If you want to discuss what you do, your background, that's your choice. But, it's not mine to ask you... to do so is poor manners, and too, a veiled attempt at vetting. Both, are boring. ... I was asked this just nights ago by a couple at a party. I ignored his question, and, he and his wife for the rest of the evening. :lol:

But, at some point it stopped feeling sincere and more a means to some other end that pleased only him and tended to aggravate pretty much everyone else.
An astute observation, JHS. Sometimes, we compulsively seek attention in the wrong directions.

proximity
06-02-2016, 12:01 PM
The need to know someone's background? I don't ask individuals, "what do you do?" If you want to discuss what you do, your background, that's your choice. But, it's not mine to ask you... to do so is poor manners, and too, a veiled attempt at vetting. Both, are boring. ... I was asked this just nights ago by a couple at a party. I ignored his question, and, he and his wife for the rest of the evening. :lol:

his racing and gambling background. 38,000 posts or whatever and we didn't even know they guy's home track? again it is my opinion that a poster's experiences and history in the game provide context to their posts and views that can help us understand them better even if we disagree.

emd complains about jockeys like menifee mentioned but i think there's a big difference in that he's told us enough of his story that we can start to feel like we know him and thus better understand his plight as an everyday gambler.

Grits
06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Prox, SRU had a view on every single thing under the sun, and would start a thread on any of them. It could be at 2:25 a.m. It could be at 4:15 p.m. It didn't matter. What he does for a living didn't/doesn't matter either.. as 90% of the time it wouldn't have been applicable anyway! If it was, by now, we'd all have been taken up by aliens. Conspiracy theories and all. :lol:

proximity
06-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Prox, SRU had a view on every single thing under the sun, and would start a thread on any of them. It could be at 2:25 a.m. It could be at 4:15 p.m. It didn't matter. What he does for a living didn't/doesn't matter either.. as 90% of the time it wouldn't have been applicable anyway! If it was, by now, we'd all have been taken up by aliens. Conspiracy theories and all. :lol:

again by "background" i'm not talking about his job but his gambling and racing history. what's his home track? his betting style? did he use the sartin methodology? ed bain?? the ragozin sheets??? or is he an owner who never bets and is sick of losing to "juice." ie did we chew any of the same dirt in our racing and gambling lives? stuff like this helps us better understand why he was "riled up" about so many things. fwiw i'm sorry to see him gone but also trust the judgement of the powers that be here who have done a great job over the years. jmo :)

Tom
06-02-2016, 12:42 PM
There are far worse still here than SRU ever was.

Grits
06-02-2016, 12:59 PM
There are far worse still here than SRU ever was.

Do you mean myself? I hope not. I do believe, though, that any time you have this many people gathered, none of us will please all of the people, all of the time. It's not possible. We all have strengths and weaknesses in real life and online. <3

whodoyoulike
06-02-2016, 01:17 PM
His absence is a little ambiguous to me.

Was he banned as PA's post implied or has he just decided to take a break or extended leave?

Btw, he's generated quite a number of posts just from his absence that when and if he returns, I can just imagine how people will respond.

Again, I liked the guy and his sense of humor. I always thought he was from California and the way he had an opinion (riled up) on everything about horse racing he could have been Roger S. who by the way I understand is retiring from his radio show this summer.

Tom
06-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Do you mean myself? I hope not. I do believe, though, that any time you have this many people gathered, none of us will please all of the people, all of the time. It's not possible. We all have strengths and weaknesses in real life and online. <3

Of course NOT!

classhandicapper
06-02-2016, 02:11 PM
I heard he was busy driving around NY dodging helicopters that have been following him lately.

Some very funny Goodfellas references in this thread, assuming he's actually OK. :lol:

Tom
06-02-2016, 02:26 PM
I heard he was busy driving around NY dodging helicopters that have been following him lately.

Some very funny Goodfellas references in this thread, assuming he's actually OK. :lol:

:lol: Say what?
Are you laughing at ME?
Do you think I'm FUNNY?
I'm funny how, funny like a clown?
What do I make you laugh?

proximity
06-02-2016, 02:35 PM
the rest of us better shape up lest pace give us $3200 before turning his back. :)

jk3521
06-02-2016, 02:45 PM
One thing I liked about him was that he never would take himself seriously, could always take a joke without turning on anyone , which is a fault of many people who post here. After all , this is supposed to be entertainment and a way to pass time. None of the world's problems are going to be solved by anyone of us here.

Grits
06-02-2016, 03:22 PM
His absence is a little ambiguous to me.

Whodo, I'm gonna speak candidly.

Here's an example of what PA deals with. One afternoon we were sitting in the tent at Saratoga. He descended into hell because at the moment, he was being pm'd and called every obscenity you can imagine, threatened, etc, etc. The whole bit. He said to me, "I have no idea, why I do this, G, and this is just one afternoon." I don't know what someone was so upset about that day, but he was on the receiving end. Lucky, huh?

Pace Advantage is a tremendous commitment. It doesn't bring him fame, and, certainly not, fortune. If it were mine, I'd have cut this place loose long ago. But, unfortunately, there are few purchasers for the chance privilege of descents into hell. (Though there are many great days.)

We, as members, readers, each day, are not owed any explanation of why someone is no longer here. NONE. When, one, alone, owns something and takes on the day to day responsibility, the administration, with help from those he trusts, we have to respect decisions. Determining ambiguity isn't our business.

He has been doing this a very long time and he can read people better than anyone I've ever met--and I been around awhile. ;) Too, I've never met anyone who gives others so many chances. If he were a sitting judge, he would've been disbarred long ago. Letting too many walk out of the penitentiary!

Worthless poster.
DUDE, this is not true.

Like what do you know, you have 58 posts here.

And, DAMN, you bet on dogs for God's sake!!:lol:

schweitz
06-02-2016, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Grits

And, DAMN, you bet on dogs for God's sake!!:lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Grits---made my day :lol:

cj
06-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Was he banned as PA's post implied or has he just decided to take a break or extended leave?

Banned.

Tom
06-02-2016, 03:41 PM
GRITS for president! :jump:

tucker6
06-02-2016, 04:16 PM
One thing I liked about him was that he never would take himself seriously, could always take a joke without turning on anyone , which is a fault of many people who post here. After all , this is supposed to be entertainment and a way to pass time. None of the world's problems are going to be solved by anyone of us here.
Mostpost and Hcap beg to differ?

whodoyoulike
06-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Banned.

Thanks for the clarification. I really didn't know.

whodoyoulike
06-02-2016, 05:46 PM
... We, as members, readers, each day, are not owed any explanation of why someone is no longer here. NONE. When, one, alone, owns something and takes on the day to day responsibility, the administration, with help from those he trusts, we have to respect decisions. Determining ambiguity isn't our business. ...

I'm very straight forward and am always willing to ask questions for clarification. And, I really had no idea if he was actually banned as implied. And, I do agree with you that the reason for being banned is none of my business which is not what I was asking. At least it will stop some speculations that have been mentioned by myself and others.

menifee
06-02-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm already going through withdrawal of SRU conspiracy theories in races. I loved watching replays of some meaningless race at the Mountain to see if some jockey stiffed a longshot that SRU backed. Inevitably, there was no stiffing despite SRU's claims to the contrary, it was just a bad horse. Yet, I still watched the replay. I was Charlie Brown and SRU held the football.

Clowns are the pegs on which the circus is hung.

kingfin66
06-02-2016, 06:30 PM
:lol: Say what?
Are you laughing at ME?
Do you think I'm FUNNY?
I'm funny how, funny like a clown?
What do I make you laugh?

Jesus Tommy!

kingfin66
06-02-2016, 06:32 PM

Uh, no. Doubt that this was a serious post, but just in case. Please, no.

classhandicapper
06-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Banned.

I vote for an eventual return and double secret probation.

PhantomOnTour
06-03-2016, 11:26 AM
This is Robert Goren Syndrome:

when he's here, you dog him constantly, insult him, laugh at him
when he's gone you tell him how much you miss his comments and insight

I respect those of you who've stood up and said good riddance to SRU...and those that say they miss his unique style or blahblahblah? well, I just think you're full of crap.

charm city whizz
06-03-2016, 12:16 PM
SRU Downs.......WHERE WINNERS GET PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to knock a guy who eats breaths and sleeps horse racing.....always loved reading his opinions👍👍👍👍

johnhannibalsmith
06-03-2016, 12:17 PM
... well, I just think you're full of crap.

Why on Earth would someone lie about that?

Grits
06-03-2016, 02:54 PM

You're a good, a fair man, Class.

Over the decades, I've learned--the perfect--are found only in a mirror.

098poi
06-03-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm already going through withdrawal of SRU conspiracy theories in races. I loved watching replays of some meaningless race at the Mountain to see if some jockey stiffed a longshot that SRU backed. Inevitably, there was no stiffing despite SRU's claims to the contrary, it was just a bad horse. Yet, I still watched the replay. I was Charlie Brown and SRU held the football.

Clowns are the pegs on which the circus is hung.

That was my experience.

If PA or CJ approves I will sponsor an SRU Mountaineer contest. I'll pick a MDN CLM race and put up a $30 gift card as a prize. No joke. If they don't see this I'll PM them.

Tom
06-04-2016, 09:19 AM
And to top it off, when the race is over, DON'T PAY THE WINNERS! :lol:

raybo
06-06-2016, 02:28 PM

Let him come back, but reset his post count to zero. :lol:

Tom
06-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Cold, man. Cold! :lol:

Clocker
06-06-2016, 03:41 PM

No way! Imagine the hundreds of resurrected old threads you would have to wade through every day as he rebuilt his post count. :eek:

EMD4ME
06-06-2016, 05:55 PM

I would love to see that happen. AND, I would like to be a fly on the wall watching PA's face as his board has double and triple the hits because of SRU's return.

I have to say, there is less movement of threads, topics, less conversation with SRU gone.

It's like watching things move at a snail's pace.

tucker6
06-06-2016, 05:59 PM
I would love to see that happen. AND, I would like to be a fly on the wall watching PA's face as his board has double and triple the hits because of SRU's return.

I have to say, there is less movement of threads, topics, less conversation with SRU gone.

It's like watching things move at a snail's pace.
good riddance to him. I think you overvalue SRU by a factor of 10. He added little value, and the current threads are just fine.

EMD4ME
06-06-2016, 06:02 PM
good riddance to him. I think you overvalue SRU by a factor of 10. He added little value, and the current threads are just fine.

I respect your opinion.

Just like in the wagering pools, I, without trying am contrarian, so I believe what I believe to be correct. However, I probably am 1 of 10, instead of being 9 of 10. I'm ok with that.

2nd and finally, I am extremely loyal. If I like you, I'm loyal, unless you prove to be an issue.

I, quite honestly, never saw him as an issue. I respect PA's and the moderator's reasons but it doesn't mean I can't be loyal.

Be well Tucker6.

tucker6
06-06-2016, 06:23 PM
I respect your opinion.

Just like in the wagering pools, I, without trying am contrarian, so I believe what I believe to be correct. However, I probably am 1 of 10, instead of being 9 of 10. I'm ok with that.

2nd and finally, I am extremely loyal. If I like you, I'm loyal, unless you prove to be an issue.

I, quite honestly, never saw him as an issue. I respect PA's and the moderator's reasons but it doesn't mean I can't be loyal.

Be well Tucker6.
Classy post. Same to you emd4me. :ThmbUp:

I didn't necessarily have a problem with SRU personally, but I once owned a message board, and SRU's are a PITA. JHS posted his thoughts a couple days ago and they were spot on. SRU may have been trying to fill a void that exists in his life, but it was disruptive. I wish him well.

EMD4ME
06-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Classy post. Same to you emd4me. :ThmbUp:

I didn't necessarily have a problem with SRU personally, but I once owned a message board, and SRU's are a PITA. JHS posted his thoughts a couple days ago and they were spot on. SRU may have been trying to fill a void that exists in his life, but it was disruptive. I wish him well.

Just re read his thoughts. I'm afraid I kind of agree. He did seem to post just to post sometimes (at the end) but I see that as a passion for being Mr. 25,000 and a love for PA. I'm sorry he over did it as he had a lot of value in my eyes.

He had a contrarian point of view and kept invoking thought in his heyday.

zico20
06-06-2016, 08:20 PM
I respect your opinion.

Be well Tucker6.

I am with you EMD. I miss him posting here. I thought he was funny and added to the overall content of these boards. Why did he get banned anyway?

zico20
06-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Just re read his thoughts. I'm afraid I kind of agree. He did seem to post just to post sometimes (at the end) but I see that as a passion for being Mr. 25,000 and a love for PA. I'm sorry he over did it as he had a lot of value in my eyes.

He had a contrarian point of view and kept invoking thought in his heyday.

Did you ever think that if Tom was not so far ahead maybe he would not have posted just to post. I blame Tom. :D

EMD4ME
06-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Did you ever think that if Tom was not so far ahead maybe he would not have posted just to post. I blame Tom. :D

Ha Ha Ha Ha. Talk about contrarian thinking :D

EMD4ME
06-06-2016, 08:26 PM
I am with you EMD. I miss him posting here. I thought he was funny and added to the overall content of these boards. Why did he get banned anyway?

People thought Einstein was "off"....

But I think my little buddy got a little (and I mean a little) carried away with the post count. A nuisance to the moderators and owner? Yeah.

Grounds for banning someone? I don't think so. Heck, I might earn a ban for my loyalty. But I always stand up for what I believe.

I think a month long suspension would've been more fitting.

Tom
06-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Bring him back and I will give him 20,000.

whodoyoulike
06-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Bring him back and I will give him 20,000.

Think about this. You'd be at less than 55k and he would be about 45k plus his ImriledUp handle (I'm guessing >10k) which means you'd be 2nd ranked behind him. You've held the #1 post count ever since I've been on here which means .... Long live the new king.