PDA

View Full Version : Something fishy at Gulfstream

Redhook206
03-21-2015, 04:19 PM
Gulfstream races 5-7.

Castellano on three odds on favorites in a row.

Last-4th-Last. Hard to believe.

salty
03-21-2015, 04:40 PM
No its not, I'm loving every minute of this :cool:

The only race that he was only on a real odds on favorite was the last one with merry meadow.

The other two he shouldn't have been so short

I bet this next race is won by a bomb and it is entirely possible that javier doesnt hit the board again

salty
03-21-2015, 04:45 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:faint:

I love watching Javier lose.

Especially when I win.

Redhook206
03-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Nice! Javy's been on fire lately. Time to fade him.

Good luck my man!

Augenj
03-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Gulfstream races 5-7.

Castellano on three odds on favorites in a row.

Last-4th-Last. Hard to believe.
It's not just today. It's hard not to get paranoid when you actually watch the rides, start to finish. :ThmbDown:

Investorater
03-21-2015, 05:17 PM
At times a person just has to ask:

Were the horses off-form or the bettors off-form? :D :lol: :D

Stillriledup
03-21-2015, 05:25 PM
There was also a horse yesterday that went off 1-5 and had zero chance to lose on paper and the guy got that horse beat too. he just had the horse too far back for some reason.

Augenj
03-21-2015, 05:29 PM
At times a person just has to ask:

Were the horses off-form or the bettors off-form? :D :lol: :D
Since I wasn't betting, I don't know but what I see are mysterious "bumps" and odds-on horses fading to the rear. Whenever I watch races, I always watch the favorite and the big favorites at GP are running "strangely", at least recently.
I also saw something odd at Delta Downs one night as I was casually watching the favorite with no money on him. He was in the far turn in a gap between horses. The jockey checked the horse hard and a couple of jumps later checked him hard again. Of course, he ran out of the money. I guess it's just paranoia, right?

salty
03-21-2015, 05:38 PM
hmmm now the Royal Delta... Javier cut off Sheer Drama coming up to the wire last race. So since its Javier's worst day ever I'm going with Sheer Drama.

Augenj
03-21-2015, 05:46 PM
hmmm now the Royal Delta... Javier cut off Sheer Drama coming up to the wire last race. So since its Javier's worst day ever I'm going with Sheer Drama.
Yeh, yeh. Jockeys never use buzzers and jockeys never stiff horses. We don't talk about that. It's too impossible. :ThmbDown:

Investorater
03-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Since I wasn't betting, I don't know but what I see are mysterious "bumps" and odds-on horses fading to the rear. Whenever I watch races, I always watch the favorite and the big favorites at GP are running "strangely", at least recently.
I also saw something odd at Delta Downs one night as I was casually watching the favorite with no money on him. He was in the far turn in a gap between horses. The jockey checked the horse hard and a couple of jumps later checked him hard again. Of course, he ran out of the money. I guess it's just paranoia, right?

I like your selections. :ThmbUp:

salty
03-21-2015, 06:08 PM
So race 11 he is on the 1 horse, who i think is way too slow to even compete with these. i'm just boxing up the 6-7-9. Why are ppl still putting money on Javier?

salty
03-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Javier's odds went down from 5-1 to 9-2 and eventually goes off at 7-2. The only reason i can come up with for that is all the Javier fans tried to dig themselves out of a hole by digging a deeper hole. I wish I was there to see all these angry people. :D :D :D

salty
03-21-2015, 06:30 PM
LAST CALL!!!

LAST CALL!!!

LAST CALL TO LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY ON JAVIER!!!!

r12 Javier on #2 Wicked Tune opens at 2-1, drifted up to 3-1, now 5-2

I am sad that Dedicated to Bob is scratched from this one because he would have for sure been my pick. This is a pretty good gathering of 20K horses. Because my late gradfathers DD was 9-6 and it would be live right now and also because the 6 is a lightly raced horse shipped down from Canada, I am going with the 6 at 25-1. Won't be surprised if the #12 ends up the winner.

nijinski
03-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Yeh, yeh. Jockeys never use buzzers and jockeys never stiff horses. We don't talk about that. It's too impossible. :ThmbDown:

Doubt JC is in that category , the bettors are making him the favorite .
He has no control over that .

Cratos
03-21-2015, 07:04 PM
I wonder why some people wager in a game that is inherently unfair?????

Tom
03-21-2015, 07:09 PM
It's the only game in town. :D

Augenj
03-21-2015, 08:09 PM
I like your selections. :ThmbUp:
Thanks. Not so good last few weeks because of a silly change I made. It should straighten up over the next month as I roll in the latest and greatest "improved" version for each track. :D

Augenj
03-21-2015, 08:14 PM
I wonder why some people wager in a game that is inherently unfair?????
Because I'm not wagering at the moment, just watching and urinating and moaning. :D

Cratos
03-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Because I'm not wagering at the moment, just watching and urinating and moaning. :D
The degree of "unfairness" in any risk taking endeavor is exponentially high; you might want to drink a lot of water because you will be urinating and moaning a lot.

Augenj
03-21-2015, 09:13 PM
The degree of "unfairness" in any risk taking endeavor is exponentially high; you might want to drink a lot of water because you will be urinating and moaning a lot.
I still resent cheaters and that will never change. Anybody who willingly changes the outcome of a race is a bleep head and that includes a certain glorified trainer who had his jockey move Winning Colors out to the middle of the track in the Preakness just because he lost the Derby to her. I will never accept "unfairness" in any form in any way. I'm still going to bleep and moan. ;)