PDA

View Full Version : Comparisons

Bruddah
05-19-2004, 07:29 AM
I have read some great posts comparing horses who are icons of horse racing. Many posts took issue with which horse would have won or was the best. Many posts had informative running line comparisons, but as we all know, if they all ran according to past form, there would never be a longshot win.

Every sport has the same unanswered questions of, who was the best boxer, or which was the best team. All of which is pure speculation, driven by prejudiced fanatacism.

While on the rail, I have been privileged to witness Smarty Jones win all of his Oaklawn races. I have seen the telecasts of his Ky Derby and Preakness victories. I was one of the first to wear his cap, when most would laugh and ask SMARTY WHO!! I am his fan. The Triple Crown doesn't demand he be the best to ever wear four iron shoes. Just the best of his generation. I am convinced he is that, whether he wins the Belmont or not. For me, he has won my respect as a champion and that is enough.

GO SMARTY JONES!!...........YOU DA MAN!!

brdman12
05-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Yes...and its also the "feel good" story of the year.
and a Huge shot in the arm for the horse race industry.
I did not bet him in the Derby...lol...I'm still trying to get over picking Tapit...lol.

I hope he smokes'em...