PDA

View Full Version : The most transparent administration in history...

Clocker
03-17-2015, 05:52 PM
...just exempted itself from the Freedom of Information Act.

WASHINGTON — The White House is removing a federal regulation that subjects its Office of Administration to the Freedom of Information Act, making official a policy under Presidents Bush and Obama to reject requests for records to that office.

The White House said the cleanup of FOIA regulations is consistent with court rulings that hold that the office is not subject to the transparency law. The office handles, among other things, White House record-keeping duties like the archiving of e-mails.

Nothing to worry about though.

White House spokeswoman Brandi Hoffine said the administration remains committed "to work towards unprecedented openness in government."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/16/white-house-foia-regulations-deleted/24844253/

thaskalos
03-17-2015, 07:03 PM
I look at my monitor...and I see that you already have two threads going with the exact same title as this one. Is there really a need for thread #3?

Is Capper Al the only one who gets chastised for starting identical threads around here?

Clocker
03-17-2015, 07:17 PM
I look at my monitor...and I see that you already have two threads going with the exact same title as this one. Is there really a need for thread #3?

Is Capper Al the only one who gets chastised for starting identical threads around here?

Those are old threads that someone with nothing to contribute and nothing better to do dug up trying to be funny. They were on different issues.

mostpost
03-17-2015, 11:50 PM
...just exempted itself from the Freedom of Information Act.

Nothing to worry about though.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/16/white-house-foia-regulations-deleted/24844253/
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. The White House action is based on a court decision which held that the Office of Administration is not subject to Transparency laws. All they are doing is deleting regulations that are no longer applicable.

Also, the Office of Administration is not the same as the Administration.

Clocker
03-18-2015, 12:19 AM
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. The White House action is based on a court decision which held that the Office of Administration is not subject to Transparency laws. All they are doing is deleting regulations that are no longer applicable.

Read the article. The court decision was in 2009. The decision did not say the Office of Administration could not comply, it said it didn't have to. The regulation to comply was kept in effect until now.

And now as transparency becomes an ever increasing and embarrassing problem, the White House has conveniently decided to kill off the last vestige of any transparency beyond the barest minimum legal requirement. That change is not because of a court decision, it is because of a change in White House policy that is allowed by a 2009 court decision. That change in policy is despite the promise to "work towards unprecedented openness in government". The White House was also waived the standard 30 day comment period on rule changes.

Tom
03-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Office of Administration is not subject to Transparency laws

Silly us, we took Obama at his word.
Live and learn.

reckless
03-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Silly us, we took Obama at his word.
Live and learn.

Silly us, we took to mostpost to understand Clocker's link and posts.

Live and laugh.

Tom
03-18-2015, 03:58 PM
_6GeqjKif8g

davew
03-18-2015, 07:52 PM
but wait, he says it over and over - it must be true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxCVENhSq9M

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Is Capper Al the only one who gets chastised for starting identical threads around here?Oh yes. Most definitely the only one.

Also, you might take into account that I have been less active here due to time constraints on my free time...so if you'd like to apply for the job of moderator, since you seem to have the time to keep track of these things, pick up an application on your way home tonight... :rolleyes: