PDA

View Full Version : impressive 3 yo

lamboguy
03-15-2015, 02:47 AM
DONWORTH ran down some real nice horses in the 9th race at Gulfstream, March 14 to catch my eye and make me take a second look at him. i doubt if he gets in the Bluegrass Stakes to qualify for the Ky Derby but he has enough time to get into the Preakness if he gets in some 2 turn race.

tanner12oz
03-15-2015, 06:35 AM
Horse found a ton of trouble and still prevailed...steam was on him in fill force dropped about from 8-1 ml to chalk

Vince Bruun
03-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Horse found a ton of trouble and still prevailed...steam was on him in fill force dropped about from 8-1 ml to chalk

Not trying to be a wise guy but have noticed several "misses" on morning lines lately at Gulfstream Park, usually with first-time starters and layoff runners. I understand Florida has much improved workout information the last few years, so perhaps this might explain this phenomenon?

1st time lasix
03-16-2015, 11:06 AM
the hot firster cost me the pick five and pick six. :bang: I usually am not very impressed with firsters from Tiznow. They have generally underperformed many other sires in debut races. It cost me this time. I saw the opening odds that showed he was "live'..... but by then my plays were in. It was very impressive considering the trip! The horse he ran down already had booked a 79 Beyer. Asssume the each were in the mid-to-high nineties that day.

lamboguy
03-16-2015, 11:14 AM
the hot firster cost me the pick five and pick six. :bang: I usually am not very impressed with firsters from Tiznow. They have generally underperformed many other sires in debut races. It cost me this time. I saw the opening odds that showed he was "live'..... but by then my plays were in. It was very impressive considering the trip! The horse he ran down already had booked a 79 Beyer. Asssume the each were in the mid-to-high nineties that day.don't feel bad, i had this horse singled and still missed the pick 5.

the horse had been working and staying in front of stake horses weeks before the race