PDA

View Full Version : Public trainers

teddy
03-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Has anyone had any good experienced using a public trainer? Claiming horses and running on the ky circuit. For a hobby at least. I would want to control the race entry and jockey selection. Not sure any trainer would go for that. Wouldn't be fun unless I controlled the strategy. Is this workable? Any one refer a trainer that is ok with this.

johnhannibalsmith
03-15-2015, 01:14 AM
If you pay the bill, someone out there will let you paint your horses funny colors if that's what it takes to keep him in the barn.

NJ Stinks
03-15-2015, 01:40 AM
If you pay the bill, someone out there will let you paint your horses funny colors if that's what it takes to keep him in the barn.

Yea but what would Turo Escalante say? :confused:

Shemp Howard
03-15-2015, 09:07 AM
Yea but what would Turo Escalante say? :confused:

"You only live once?"

green80
03-15-2015, 10:30 AM
Has anyone had any good experienced using a public trainer? Claiming horses and running on the ky circuit. For a hobby at least. I would want to control the race entry and jockey selection. Not sure any trainer would go for that. Wouldn't be fun unless I controlled the strategy. Is this workable? Any one refer a trainer that is ok with this.

You should be able to find a trainer that will let you select your races. The jockey selection will be more difficult because most trainers will not be able to get the top jockeys everytime. The jock (or his agent) have the final word on who they will ride, not the trainer.

teddy
03-15-2015, 01:40 PM
great info... but nobody has used any ky trainers they like??

Clocker
03-15-2015, 01:44 PM
I'd suggest that you post your questions in the General Racing Forum up at the top of the forum list. There are a number of current and former trainers that post there who generally don't post in this forum.