PDA

View Full Version : Untapable first loss to ladies since 2013.

PizzaCat
03-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Did anyone see this race? She looked a bit restless in the gate, but had a good trip otherwise. It looked like she was going to surpass the wire to wire winner Gold Medal Dancer, but gave way at the end. Anything to do with lack of Rosie at the reigns?

Bigadam119
03-14-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't think it was the rider. Johnny V has ridden her to victory before in the Mother Goose and is an upgrade over Rosie in my opinion. It looked like the uncontested pace and the layoff are what got her.

ArlJim78
03-14-2015, 06:41 PM
probably the footing today coupled with a sharp horse who does well on off tracks.

FrankieFigs
03-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Agree with both of the above.

biggestal99
03-15-2015, 09:42 AM
could just be she has soured on racing.

It happened to HOTY Rachael Alexandria as a 4 year old.

Allan

Appy
03-15-2015, 10:52 AM
All other factors aside, it isn't often a horse comes back to run at top form first out off a long layoff. Obviously most bettors figured she didn't need to be at her top form to win this race, and they were very nearly correct.

thespaah
03-15-2015, 11:52 AM
From the start Untappable looked uncomfortable. While on the inside she was throwing her head about and looked like she wanted off the rail. Once Velazquez let her outside she ran a good race. Her action smooth. I think she may have expended extra energy when she was trying to get out.
Plus, the horse that beat her looked great. She appeared to relish the off going.
Get these two together again on a dry track and Untappable wins.