PDA

View Full Version : Actor Tony Randall Dead At Age 84

IRISHLADSTABLE
05-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Tony Randall, Fastidious Half of 'Odd Couple,' Dies at 84
Comic Actor Also Steered Effort to Bring Classic Theater Back to Broadway
By CHRISTY LEMIRE, AP

From Aol News & Entertainment

NEW YORK (May 18) - Tony Randall, the comic actor best-known for playing fastidious photographer Felix Unger on "The Odd Couple," has died. He was 84.

Randall, who developed pneumonia after undergoing heart bypass surgery in December, died in his sleep Monday night at NYU Medical Center, according to his publicity firm, Springer Associates.

Randall was hospitalized after starring for a month in "Right You Are," a revival of Luigi Pirandello's play by the National Actors Theatre, which he founded.

IRISHLADSTABLE
05-18-2004, 01:13 PM
1- Felix redecorated the apt and buys Oscar a chair in the shape of a baseball glove.

Felix asked Oscar How do you like the chair ?

Oscar replies I feel like an M&M

2- Pits Pits Pits in my Juice Juice Juice

3 Oscar loses Felix downpayment on a grave plot on what else
a horse race .

Jimmy

andicap
05-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Password

"Aristophones ..... Ridiculous!"

The greyhound who couldn't run.

"Good try!!"

The cemetary plot on hill with a view.

Binder
05-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Sad news

Some of my best memories are the excersize rider
who gave Oscar the tips on the horses

and

Mandar Cologne

Bye Felix

CryingForTheHorses
05-18-2004, 06:58 PM
One of the bEST funnymen of ALL time. Rip and God Bless you Mr Randall

Richard
05-19-2004, 09:09 PM
It has ocurred to me that all 3 people who played the character of Felix Unger,(Tony Randall on TV,Jack Lemmon on screen,and Art Carney on Broadway)all 3 truly great actors,have passed on.The Odd Couple will never be as good.

andicap
05-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Randall was by far the best.

This was one of the few instances -- MASH was the other, at least for the first few seasons -- where the TV show was funnier than the movie.

(HONK! HONK!)

WINMANWIN
05-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Jack Klugman loves to bet on the horses, He named a horse after his wife Jackie Klugman some years ago.Tony Randall will be missed, I heard he donated most of his monies to the theatres
in nyc and around the country...........

Lefty
05-20-2004, 01:15 PM
andicap, I agree. Very few times the Tv series is funnier than the movie it was based on but you hit on the two that were.
Tony Randall, Thanks for the laughs. Go rest now.