PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Live!: Thurs., March 12

Teach
03-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Greetings…from the Greater Boston area. Temps in the 50s, yesterday. I put up a sign on a bit of exposed grass (dirt) in my front yard: “Land!” I can actually see over the snow banks.

Race One:

#1 The Rube (I’m sure he’s no hick) tried on some tough customers over at the Saw Mill River Parkway, a.k.a. Yonkers, but he showed little. Generally, #8 at Yonkers, as The “Wise Guys” might say, is: “Il Bacio della Morte”. Well, this nicely-bred gelding draws inside and he has the services of the very capable “Harvard (IL) Man,” Pat Berry. Looks like he should handle this bunch. Others on the radar screen are: #4 Wildcat Ideal; #3 Kiss Up and #5 Odds On Magic.

Teach
03-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Race Two:

#2 UF Harder Hanover recorded a convincing win in his last. Much will depend on how easily he gets the lead before the quarter-pole. Could be challenged and thus compromised. "Smitty's" most capable in the bike. Repeat? Others on the radar screen are:#4 FF Big Show; #5 Major Reform; and #1 Classic Actor (must stay flat).

Teach
03-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Race Three:

#4 Selfish Princess looks like "The Horse". Classwise, hard to bet against considering the company she's kept. Yet, with trotters, I always tread lightly. Others: #7 Hyway Marcus; #8 Double Bundy N; #6 Fat Boy.

Teach
03-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Race Four:

#8 HS Open Waters looked the major speed here. Wouldn't be surprised if Pat Berry cleared with this horse despite outside post. If the horse can make an early lead, should prevail. Others on the radar screen: #1 Quiet Cammile; #4 Cheyenne Patti; #5 Look Annie Hall

Teach
03-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Race Five:

#3 Archy Ardle needed his last after a layoff. Degree of back-class. Admitted upset try. Others: #2 Born That Way; #1 Major Secret; #5 Just Right.

Teach
03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Race Six:

This looks like "an inside job".

#1 Hefty Lefty recorded solid convincing win in last against similar. No reason Pat Berry can't duplicate that effort here. If Next Flight leaves, he may make it difficult for my top choice to be "on the engine". Speed duel is last thing we want. Others: #a Arts Blaze; #3 Fire Escape; #4 All Day Ray.

Teach
03-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Race Seven:

#2 Munndutch ran a solid race a few days ago; he finished second. Anything resembling that effort. Also: #5 Rebel Jet; #1 Palm Beach; #4 Jim's Guy

Teach
03-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Race Eight:

#4 Code Word has been running against better with some decent times at The Meadowlands. Certainly capable of prevailing here in this company. Joe Bongiorno in the bike. Others: #2 Cajon Hot Shot; #3 Esprit De Kayjay A; #6 AmericasGotTalent.

Teach
03-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Race Nine:

#4 Push Baby Push was less than a length off the winner in his last in this company in his last. Any slight improvement. Others: #5 It's Harry's Turn; #2 Tower Power; #3 Rotal Starzzz.

Teach
03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Race Ten:

#7 Doggone Incredible holds a class edge on many of these. Should be out and going and if he can find a tuck, Eric Abbatiello should have this horse in position for a stretch drive. Others: #8 WandasBettor Choice; #1 Mr Barnett N; #2 It'sADeadMan'sHand.