PDA

View Full Version : Reagan the great

iceknight
03-11-2015, 03:53 AM
In case most of you have forgotten, here is a reminder of a great president who either a) had no clue what happened under his watch. or b) decided to create some scapegoats by denying the unconstitutional stuff he did.

Only a week after the anniversary of a lovely contra affair ending.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html

and let us not forget to review the history books on meddling into other country affairs in 1953.

Also note: The investigation was impeded when large volumes of documents relating to the scandal were destroyed or withheld from investigators by Reagan administration officials.[11] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair#cite_note-Excerpts_from_Iran-Contra_Report-11)

By the way, I am VERY STRONGLY against the usage of non-state email by Hillary Clinton (to avoid records) and the excuses being given out.

Looks like it does nt matter if it is the elephant or the donkey, they are both being demeaned by being used as symbols instead of different types of snakes that ought to be used by the two parties.
<end rant>.

JustRalph
03-11-2015, 08:10 AM
14 people were charged criminally out of Iran Contra.

4 were convicted of felonies that were overturned on appeal ( doing this from memory) there were some misdemeanor convictions also. These were all charges that came from a special prosecutor

I would settle for a special prosecutor for

Lois Lerner

Hillary's emails

A rogue Attorney General who allows presidential advisers to be $5 million in debt to the IRS and they are not prosecuted. Among other things

I could go on.

So, since you brought it up, I'm sure you are in favor of special prosecutors for this admin.

iceknight
03-11-2015, 02:57 PM
14 people were charged criminally out of Iran Contra.

4 were convicted of felonies that were overturned on appeal ( doing this from memory) there were some misdemeanor convictions also. These were all charges that came from a special prosecutor

I would settle for a special prosecutor for

Lois Lerner

Hillary's emails

A rogue Attorney General who allows presidential advisers to be $5 million in debt to the IRS and they are not prosecuted. Among other things

I could go on.

So, since you brought it up, I'm sure you are in favor of special prosecutors for this admin. I wholeheartedly agree with you that Hillary, Geithener etc need to be prosecuted instead of being brushed away. (No comments on Lerner - I thought that case was being somewhat independently investigated and the Democrats seem to be against the person investigating it?) I just don't like unnecessary hero worship when it is all politics for these folks (on both sides), that's why I brought up the old story.

horses4courses
07-21-2015, 07:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKeUPBkVAAAm6-n.jpg

Tom
07-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Dumpster diving old thread to post in them stuff that has nothing to do with the old thread?

Class act.

Unlike our current embarrassment of a potus, Reagan knew who our enemies where and took action not involving golf clubs.

fast4522
07-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Dumpster diving old thread to post in them stuff that has nothing to do with the old thread?

Class act.

Unlike our current embarrassment of a potus, Reagan knew who our enemies where and took action not involving golf clubs.

And the world is all too aware.